Here goes with my first post on a Forum of any sort. No doubt someone will direct me to somewhere where this has been asked before, so sorry if it has?
I was diagnosed with PD in Sept 12. I have a tremor in my left hand which has now progressed to my left leg as well. I tried Propanelol last year but this had no effect on the tremor and just slowed me down & made me feel fatigued, so I came off them. I have since been offered meds twice by my Specialist but declined on the basis that the longer I can do without the better? I'm wondering now if that is the right approach? Should I been taking what I'm offered to stop the tremor and make the most of the time I have, or should I wait till I really need assistance? The Specialist I saw last said there was no conclusive evidence that one way or the other was better, the first Specialist said staying off meds as long as possible was a good decision.
Anyone have any thoughts?