Who do you confide in?

Who do you confide in?

We all need someone to talk to. Talking with a friend, a loved one or relative can make it easier to deal with day to day challenges.

I am looking for people who are willing to talk to me about who they go to when they need support and a friendly listening ear. Whether you have Parkinson’s, care for someone with Parkinson’s or have a family member with the condition, I want to hear from you for the next issue of The Parkinson magazine.

If you’d like to share your story, please let me know via this thread or by emailing me at [email protected]

Thanks!
Rhianna

Not who really, my dogs!! No judgement, just there when needed

Hi Rhianna - hoping this post is not too late for the article, I have a very good friend whom I met at the local parkinsons group. She is a very good listener and is a mine of information, she is older than myself and has had parkinsons for approx. 10 years and had just had DBS. She is very thoughful and so sympathetic, even through all her trials and tribulations. I find it easier to speak to her about problems than confiding in my husband who at times is very moody and distant, then we start arguing. She is of great help to me.

Sheila

Hi Sheila,

So sorry for such a delay in responding to you - I somehow missed this! Unfortunately, your post was too late to be included in the article but thank you so much for sharing it. It's great that you had such a great friend who you could confide in. 

Thanks again for sharing.

Best wishes,

Rhianna

Thanks for letting me know Rhianna, it's a shame I missed it, better luck next yime.

Sheila

Hi everyone, new to the forum. I was diagnosed four years ago and I try to discuss it with my partner. Not sure he understands what we live with on a daily basis. I try to explain but he seems to think that the tremors are all I have to cope with. While he doesn't live with me full time I feel that I look after him and am not sure this will be reciprocated in the future. PD scares me and I would like to think I will get the support I may need. I think this may be from the forum.

Hi there,

Nice to hear from you.

I have had PD for nearly  three years not got settled on my meds yet.

Yes its hard living with this but i feel i still want to make the most of my life and enjoy it.

Its good to come on here and speak with others who are In the same boat.

Hope to speak again

Take Care x

Hi, thanks for your reply. It's good to talk to people living in similar circumstances. I think it's difficult for people who do not have any experience of pd to understand what we go through on a daily basis. Saying this I am determined to keep positive and make the most of good days. X