Who is posting?

Hi all,
Kyloe raised a good point recently in the Research section. http://bit.ly/yI4S3B

You'll all have noticed that recently Parkinson's UK staff have been more active on the forum.

We have a few group usernames that can be used by teams, for example 'Research' or 'ICB'. But unless the particular staff member writes who they are, community members might feel left in the dark as to who is posting.

We're still working out the best way to have staff members interact and share information with community members and we're working on a policy for this.

For the time being, we'll continue to use group names as this is often the fastest way to get a response to you. But where possible we'll ask staff members to identify themselves and their role.

We hope this helps but let us know if you have other concerns about this.

Ezinda
Hi Ezinda,
Thank you for the update. I had noticed that the mods have taken a more open and informal attitude within the forums recently and even contributing to threads, and why should'nt they. This will undoubtedly lead to a better understanding, a building of trust, and a less formal "them and us" situation, and hopefully a much more friendly and informative place to visit for us all.
What rang an alarm bell amongst my "grey matterered brain" re the RESEARCH member was i just wondered about their qualifications, to be able post under that forum title ? .....and does that mean that mutiple persons can post under the RESEARCH title?
Thank you for your continued efforts :grin:

Since you and I are fellow hillwalkers perhaps you might appreciate this......

One day, three men were out hiking in a remote area of Snowdonia and came upon a violent, raging river. They had to get to the other side, but had no idea how to do so safely.

Being a very devout person, the first man dropped to his knees and prayed, saying, "Please God, give me the strength to cross this river." In a blinding flash of light, God gave him big, strong arms and legs and he was able to swim across the river - almost drowning a couple of times on the way.

Seeing this, the second man thought he'd do something similar, saying, "Please God, give me the strength … and the tools to cross this river." In a second blinding flash of light, God gave him big, strong arms and legs… and a rowing boat, so he too was able to cross the river - almost capsizing the boat a couple of times on the way over.

The third man was amazed at how this had worked for his pals and he also prayed saying, "Please God, give me the strength and the tools … and the intelligence to cross this river."

In a third blinding flash of light, God turned him into a woman! She looked at her map, hiked a couple of hundred yards upstream and walked across the bridge!

:grin:
Hi Kyloe,
Thank you. Your comments were much appreciated and your joke extremely truthful :-)

It makes sense what you're saying. Yes, multiple people can post for example under the 'Research' username. Usually this would be someone from the research communication team whose role it is to put research into plain english.

The most important thing is that we will identify Parkinson's UK staff in most cases in the ranking section. Anyone who posts with this designation is really speaking as an employee of the organisation and is qualified and authorised to post the info.

Those posting under 'Research' will only ever be a part of the research team and the same with 'ICB'.

Hope this helps,
Ezinda