Winter Golf

My main source of exercise is playing golf, Although I use a scooter to get around, I still think that there is a good variety of exercise, Getting in and out of the buggy, bending down to pick up the ball, swinging your arms and a bit of walking, Not to mention the feel good factor and fresh air. Since I retired, I have played a lot more regularly and I’m enjoying an improvement in my play. Although I can’t hit the ball as far, I’m a bit more accurate and can hit clubs that I previously couldn’t when I was fit. However, over the past two weeks I have experienced a decline and I wonder if it is due to the damper, colder weather. I am dreading the possibility that I might have to pack the clubs away until spring and wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience or has any tips on how to overcome this

As a layperson, I would recommend just dressing a bit warmer and see how you go. Thermal underwear maybe? I think you can get things to just do your shoulders …

Good luck with it!

1 Like

Could you utilise the practice greens, driving range or if you are playing an 18 hole course, try the 9? Maybe try timing your tee off just after medication so that you will know that will kick in.