Wise words and laughter

3 Likes

Headless Maisie !!!

1 Like

i have just ordered one of these!! :rofl:
2021-11-21 (4)jjj

2 Likes

Hi Esme, Thank you for raising a titter and seeing the funny side of PD life. I have already posted some humorous and irreverent items which I hope you may enjoy. Please see banjo-boy
“ Live long and prosper “

Cold this morning? No I’m fine thanks!!

2021-11-25 (2)p

4 Likes

pp

1 Like

pi

3 Likes

These photos made my day. It reminded me of my cat who is constantly looking out the window. Lol.

wilp
My cat Willow doing an impersonation of a Kangaroo

1 Like

love your kangaroo cat Esme!

1 Like

Well it’s up and decorated !!
tree2

and big and beautiful!

2021-12-13 (5)6

My friend was talking to me the other day, about her dad , who has dementia due Parkinsons.
Her fear of him slipping away. I recalled a client I had many moons ago when I worked in the community. I had to sit with him for 3 hours, while his wife could go out and have a break.

It was a hard few hours as god love him he repeated himself every few minutes., many of you reading this will know how soul destroying this is .

This day he asked for me to pass his cup and , I noticed the records next to it. And asked him if I could play them. That was a game changer !!
He could sing all the songs, he recalled memories and stories …Our three hours together were fantastic from that day forth. And his wife said he loved it so much.

The point I am making is … go with them to their world , they still have wealth of memories and knowledge to give. When they are not struggling to stay in the now.

My friend now dedicates a time in the day and goes into her fathers world with him using music. She says she gets so much out of it too.
Esme

3 Likes

2021-12-22 (2)yep

2 Likes

wishing-merry-christmas-quotes

1 Like

For no reason except it made me laugh, it’s just so silly. Happy New Year to everyone.
Tot
images (1)

1 Like

Ellemac, I hope you don’t mind but I came across this poem of yours which you posted on the creative corner last August and it just seemed apt, on the threshold of a new year, to post it here. I’m sure others will agree. Thank you and let’s hope for a good 2022 whatever ‘good’ may mean to us individually. Happy New Year.
Tot

ElleMac

Aug 25

LIFE ON THE FORUM August 25th 2021

A little bit “about the forum”, even “about me”
Might help you find your way about this forest’s density.
It’s “August 2021”, and we all say ”Hello”
For today it “was a good day”, now whither shall we go.
Yes, let’s go “get involved” every minute of every day,
Let’s still take “control” and all alone, take the ”pain” away.
“Fighting back” is our forte, with “humour”, “campaigns”, “research”;
“Treatments and therapies” now abound, keep us on our perch.
Despite all that we so suffer, despite this awful “curse”,
Without “supporting others”, we would all feel so much worse.

1 Like

Hi Tot. I do not mind at all, and I take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy, peaceful and healthy new year 2022. EM xx