Work, kids and PD

I’m sure I’m not alone in this, but OMG managing working from home, home schooling the kids, helping the kids through their realisation and understanding of how poorly dad is now that they are home 24/7 and hubbies PD is really taking its toll.
PD seems to be going downhill at the moment, we are waiting for the GP to action the new med changes and so that’s hard enough without everything else in the mix.
Have no family to talk to, obviously can’t do the usual meet up with friends for a cuppa that I didn’t realise was an essential part of my coping strategy and so feel a bit overwhelmed. As I’m sure we all do.

Hi @10kmk, :wave:

Welcome back to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m sure you’re not alone, adjusting to this “new normal” has been tough for a lot of people, especially those with Parkinson’s.

I’m really sorry to hear that your condition has gone downhill, of course we’re here to support you on the forum, however, we’ve specifically developed various forms of coronavirus support for people like you to help us connect to you. Please visit our website (link below) for more information or feel free to contact our confidential helpline for additional support on 0808 800 0303.

https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/coronavirus-support

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager