I’m a 38 yo wife and mum. I live in Sydney, Australia and I work full time as a Legal Secretary.
I am going to see my doctor this week as I have had a tremor in my left hand for 3 years and it’s getting noticeably worse. I went to a neurologist in Jan 2019 when we lived in a regional area, who said “you’re just stressed”. We moved to Sydney and when I saw my GP he dismissed the tremor as “it’s nothing, you’re fine” but then proceeded to tell me how shockingly bad my balance is… especially on my left side…
Fast forward to now, over the past couple of months I have been noticing a lot more going on.
- My feet cramp all the time. My left wrist cramps so much it folds over.
- I have random full body muscle spasms
- My left arm doesn’t swing when I walk, it feels like I have “frozen shoulder” and it’s taking me twice as long to do things.
- My sleep is ok but I have started having really bad vivid dreams.
- The fatigue though is crippling. I spend most of my weekends asleep.
- My hips are so stiff
- I’m seriously thinking about getting a walking stick as my balance is so bad, I’ve nearly tripped so many times.
- My wrists are super rigid and fingers on my left hand lock up
These are just a few things, there is more but I can’t think of them right now.
I know that this is not the place for a diagnosis, I’m just after your thoughts? am I going mad? Sometimes I feel like maybe I’m being a hypochondriac but then other times I think, “No, this is actually happening” I have been hiding what’s been happening as I was in denial, I don’t have time for something to be seriously wrong, but it’s exhausting trying to hide this any longer.
Thank you so much for reading, I know it’s a lot.