YOPD chats and online group meetings

Hi!

I am 38 years old, diagnosed with YOPD 2 years ago. Things have gone fairly well since and the meds work fine.

I would like to share my experience and hear from people around my age going through a similar challenges (work, life…) ideally via WhatsApp or Teams. I feel I also need support from time too time.

I have searched online but haven’t been really successful yet :slight_smile:

Looking forward to participate in the forum too!

Hi Neimad,welcome to the forum, Matt (screen name Sungover) set up a YOPD zoom meeting, the next one is set for 30th September atI think 1930, if you are able to join? Hope this works - if you click in the magnify glass on top of screen and type in his screen name you may be able to pick up thread or send him message for details to join, take care :smile:

Hi @Neimad, :wave:

A warm welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m glad to see that you’ve already received a response your comment. I just thought I should let you know that we also have a YOPD sub-category on the forum which you can find here. Please feel free to explore that section as the threads may be of interest to you.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hi there,

what medications do you take so far?

Hi,

I started on Rasagiline, stayed on this for around 6 months, and started Ropinirole which has been gradually increased from 8mg to 14mg. I also take Propranolol 80mg extended release which works best for tremor in my case.

I am about to trial reducing the Ropinirole from 14mg down to 10mg, I have changed jobs and it’s worth a try :crossed_fingers: