4Madapor AND Mucuna Prurines?

Hello,

I hope you are keeping well. I thought you may be interested in my recent findings. I have been looking at the different strengths of Mucuna in the various products. The organic powders are not tested for amounts but I have been told by a company this is usually around 4% as opposed to the extract powders which can vary from 98% to 40%. Discussing this with my neurologist he advised that for a therapeutic dose; an amount of up to 2grams 3 times a day would be required. I am going to try a product from nutrivitashop.com that is popular on other forums, this is 98% l dopa with an 1/8 tsp being approx 500mg.

Best wishes Steph

Further to my post above and a bit more reading Iā€™m going to stay with the detox trading MP. As has been mentioned it has other elements which Iā€™m sure are beneficial and the high dose extract seems a bit scary!
Best wishes

Hi,
Iā€™ve just started taking BIOVEA macuna dopa as was scared about the side effects of the Madopar I was prescribed. Iā€™ve been building it up slowly,one capsule has 100mg of L-DOPA and Iā€™m on 3 per day now. Not sure what to expect or how high I should up the dose to. Any thoughts?

Hi Marioka,

Welcome to the forum!
We hope you find comfort and knowledge amongst your fellow members.

All the best,
Elan
Moderation Team

What were the side effects? There are a few other medications your neurologist can prescribe. What dose of Madopar had a beneficial effect on your Parkinsonā€™s symptoms?

Hi @Marioka,

Yes, welcome to the forum.

There has been a lot of conversation about Macuna Prurines on the forum from some of our members, who have shared their experience with it. There is one particular thread that stands out which you may find useful and you can find it here - Macuna Pruiriens Long Term.

Additionally, you can always give us a call via our helpline and speak to one of our members about this in more details. Feel free to give us a call on 0808 800 0303 Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm or email us at [email protected].

I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager

I suggest you read ā€˜Mucuna versus Parkinsonā€™ ISBN 9781500938116. It gives you the most comprehensive analysis I have found on all aspects .
Jcpb

1 Like