A burning question!

Hello everyone. I am curious to know if anyone has experienced a burning sensation on their body. About a month ago I felt a most uncomfortable burning on the back of my neck. The only thing that gave me relief was applying an ice pack. I get this sensation almost every day. I am wondering if it has anything to do with missed medication as I have been careless lately with taking it on time. Many thanks.

pduk 8/24 Haven’t experienced this myself but found some previous posts on the forum about burning sensation &. Some links that mention burning pain

Severe burning pain in neck and shoulders Puddley Apr '12
Any one else get this severe burning pain across the shoulders and back of the neck?
I seem to get this when I go walkimg or do anything strenuous. Sometimes I even get it simply wearing a light jacket, can’t wear anything heavy. pain gets so bad it stops me from continuing and even makes me cry, (I know, big baby.)

Burning pain Lloyd Nov '14
One of my almost daily new symptoms is burning pain in neck and across left shoulder. Anyone else get it?

Sinemet Side Effects Medically reviewed by Philip Thornton, DipPharm. Last updated on Jun 22, 2023.
Other side effects of Sinemet: … burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, “pins and needles”, or tingling feelings
For Healthcare Professionals
Musculoskeletal: Common (1% to 10%): Back pain, shoulder pain Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Muscle cramps, neck pain

Non-motor Symptoms: What’s New? Part 1 | Parkinson's Foundation
Non-motor Symptoms: What’s New? Part 1 Mar 23, 2019

Pain related to PD is divided into five categories:
Musculoskeletal: pain that affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons and nerves. It can occur suddenly and be short-lived or long lasting and can occur in one or several areas. Someone with PD may describe this as aching or burning in their muscles or skeleton.
Neuropathic/radicular: chronic pain condition where the body sends pain signals to the brain, not caused by an injury. This sharp pain comes from a nerve or nerve root.
Dystonic: sustained or repetitive muscle twisting, spasm or cramp that can occur at different times of day and in different stages of Parkinson’s. Can stem from rigidity and dystonia.
Akathisia: causes the feeling of restlessness or inability to be still. An example of this outside of Parkinson’s is Restless Leg Syndrome.
Central pain: neurological condition caused by a dysfunction that affects the central nervous system and is resistant to treatment. This pain is usually sharp and burning with no clear cause.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ejp.745
Sensory abnormalities and pain in Parkinson disease and its modulation by treatment of motor symptoms R.G. Cury, R. Galhardoni, E.T. Fonoff, S. Perez Lloret, M.G. dos Santos Ghilardi, E.R. Barbosa, M.J. Teixeira, D. Ciampi de Andrade First published: 06 July 2015 European Journal of Pain Volume 20, Issue 2

Central pain is often described as a diffuse burning sensation and is not related to a lesion in the peripheral nervous system.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/pd/2011/292719/
Development of a Non-Motor Fluctuation Assessment Instrument for Parkinson Disease Galit Kleiner-Fisman, R. Martine, A.E. Lang ,and M.B. Stern Parkinson’s Disease, vol. 2011, Article ID 292719, 13 pages, 2011.

…In the last week, did you have painful sensations in your body (e.g., aching, tightness, burning, or sharp, dull or throbbing pain)?

Pain in Parkinson disease: A review of the literature A.Fil, R.Cano-de-la-Cuerda, E.Muñoz-Hellín, L.Vela, M. Ramiro-González, C.Fernández-de-las-Peñas,Parkinsonism & Related Disorders Vol.19, Issue 3, March 2013, P.285–29

thanks so much for going to all that trouble, I found it most interesting. Really much appreciated!