Aches and pains

Having bad day today, My legs are very stiff and painful, I hate taking lots of painkillers and I wondered if anyone takes Homeopathic or natural remedies for their parkinsons pain, I would be grateful for any advice.

At the moment I am getting a lot of pain from having an inverted foot, It has a mind of it`s own, It keeps turning in and is very painful. Going to see my GP to see if I can get referral to see a chiropodist. Does anyone else have this very painful problem, Apparently it is caused by dystonia which is a complication of PD. I would be interested to know if anyone has this problem.

hi candy. i used to get dystonia in my index finger,swaped one of my meds to slow release.on sinemet

Oh thats interesting thanks gus, I will see what my gp says and I will try to get in touch with my PD nurse.

no problem i think i was pushing to many meds into my body,but needed them so had a bit of a change.introduced slow release.

Lot of cramps in my calf muscles and the tops of my arms, Making me miserable at the moment.

is it all the time or just at night time & when you get up!

Hi Candy Gus

Pre diagnosis I thought I had a frozen shoulder and Arthritis in my hip ----Little did I know they were symptoms of PD. Still have aches and pains but a lot less acute than before settling on meds.

Regards

I have recently been suffering terrible pain in my right hip and lower back

I went to the physio and he reckons it's indirectly caused by PD.

I am stooping more when I walk and he gave me simple exercises and they work

campbell

Evening all,

Interesting reading this.  I have had Problems for nearly 15 years, was diagnosed Parkinson's in 2009, worked really hard to stay fit, and last summer, new consultant, was told that I didn't have Parkinson's.  Well, I don't know.  I suppose I'm pleased.

But, I ache like nobody's business.  Killer adductor cramps? yup. On a par with child bearing, and leave you hobbling with a wicked case of DOMS muscle soreness for a week.  It was just restless legs, they said.  Restless legs has morphed into some of the most hideous nerve pain in my backside and upper legs.  It is bearable when I am up and can move around.  At night it drives me wild and sleep is pretty well impossible. Paracetamol doesn't touch it, co-codamol does a bit better.

But of course, not got Parkinsons,  have I.

take care all.

Hi everyone ,

Yes Candy i have the same problem ,this is my physios observations , both my legs are quite weak but the right one especially once my legs start to get tired they really do start to tremble and that seems to trigger a reaction in my foot where it just goes totally rigid as if it is going into spasm i have no control at all over it and just have to wait for the spasm to stop of its own accord i have a couple of splints that i wear one on my left foot when i am mobile and a resting one on my right foot  , but my physio gave me a couple of walking sticks  to try to help  with my stability when walking and i am currently having a course of hydrotherapy , it was a bit daunting at first admitting that a stick was needed but i guess i shall have to  give in and use it better than falling and ending up in A&E

How on earth can you be told you have not got PD after being diagnosed 5 years ago? What has changed in your symptoms to make them come to this decision, It`s madness!

Hi shelly65.

Yes I have been told that Physio may help, I have also been told that a podiatrist may help by providing insole that makes the ankle stay in the correct position.

Yes Candy i have to see a podiatrist as well but not for my ankle  for some sort of gel insole to go underneath my toes

i may as well move my bed into the local hospital im at hydro on monday  my neuro and parkinson nurse tuesday , wednesday physio  thursday  orthotics oh well at least i have valentines day free confused

Yes it can seem that life revolves around appointments but at least we can be safe in the knowledge that we have the resources we need to get on with life. I don`t know about you but sometimes I feel very lonely and isolated and to know I can pick up the phone or come on here can be very reassuring. I hope all of your appointments go well.big grin

I am in agony today, I have developed severe low back pain to the point where I can hardly walk. Don`t know if it`s PD related or not.Anyone else had these problems?

I saw a podiatrist twice, but found that it did not solve the problem. Parkinson medication , though, did  the trick. My experience over the last 15 years is , that a lot of aches and pains and cramps disappear as soon as the PD drugs click in.

I am never sure these days whether to attribute my various aches and pains etc to getting old, PD or just being unfit, most likely a combination of all the above, still I keep soldiering on though gets harder to get up in the mornings, enough whinging for today, I will not let PD beat me

Cheers

have you tried slow release drug at night time to help with the aches & pains through the night & help in the morning ! works for me the best med i have ever had 250mg sinemet cr .ninja 61

Have not started any meds yet, see neurologist again in a couple of weeks so will see what happens after that but will bear the advice in mind

Cheers