Aches and pains

ok good luck

Saw my physio for the first time today, 

She is referring me to get a splint to correct the turn in my ankle, Also my left leg has become weaker, So I have been given exercises.

HI Yann, I have exactly the same problem, I went to see my GP and she said it'll be the PD which didn't really help me! My PD nurse is great and she is always available to speak to so maybe you could try yours. Its difficult knowing what's just regular aches and pains and what's part of the illness. I hope you feel better soon 

hi kasey, have you tried gabapentin really good pd people its a nerve pain tablet,not as bad as stuff like co-codamol which can cause constipation which can affect people with pd,i have alot of pain in my legs and  these are really good all pain gone had pd for 8yrs,also amitripyline good for sleep & pain.

Hi my mum newly dx . last Wednesday!!! She has alot of stomach pain in a morning???!!!!

Hi Mickey 1068,

I'm sorry to read about your mum's recent diagnosis.

Bladder and bowel problems could be symptoms of Parkinson's (http://bit.ly/1Ix2da4). Stomach pains could also be side effects of any medications your mum might be taking. We'd advise you to discuss these pains with her GP, nurse or consultant.

I just wanted to take a moment to let you know about the support we have available for both your mum and yourself, alongside this community.

We have our helpline which is a confidential service providing support to anyone affected by Parkinson's. So if you have any questions or would just like a chat, please feel free to call on 0808 800 0303 (Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm).

We have also lots of information about living with Parkinson's in the 'Support for you' section of our website (http://bit.ly/1MLBQC6). Here you'll also be able to read about the support available in your mum's area.

Best wishes,

Ilona

Moderation Team.

Candy you look very young compared to an old 69 codger like me. I too suffer from lower back pain just standing brings it on,I was scanned and discovered I have two discs out in my lower back,this + my abnormal gait is the cause.I has developed in sciatica and when it flares up nothing hits the spot,and I cant lie on my back. I notice it was a while ago when you were on I would be interested to see how you got on.

I prefer to blame my golf swing as I  played for 25 years. before illness caught up with me

I have diabetes, wide feet, and flat arches. This dilemma has put me on a lifelong quest for a truly comfortable shoe. My quest has ended at last ! orthofeet’s shoes are remarkable! After a full day on my feet, it’s like I haven’t even had shoes on! My feet have never been happier!

Hi huggybear. Did you find anything that relieved the foot cramps? I have always thought I led a healthy lifestyle & kept myself fit but decided to get back into jogging after my PD diagnosis this year but am being thwarted by dreadful pain in my left foot (my tremor is in the left hand). Thought it was due to an old back problem but then read it is a side effect of the drugs - I am on Rasagiline. Beginning to wish I had stayed off the meds before knowing more about them especially as the tremor hasn’t seemed to reduce.

Hope you have found something to help you & if you have it would be great if you could share it.