Battle briefing

Good evening Troopers TeeHee, Joanie, Chefinn and LC JohnnyParky.

Thank you for your good wishes. Pleased to report I'm back on duty. The MO has restricted duties however, until stitches removed. Have spent some R and R in a secret coastal resort. Unfortunately Parkinson doesn't have any trouble finding hideouts and attacks remorselessly. The swine used the Dystonia weapon, I dodged it a couple of times but hit me hard whilst walking with my Commanding Officer. Then would you believe, hurled the akynesia weapon at me resulting in a half-hour sit down on a handy seat with people staring innocently. A levodopa boost (for me 62.5mg Madopar) plus a couple of paracetamol, which surprisingly helps sometimes.

LC JP - Sorry to hear that Parkinson is trying to attack your right side at the same time bringing in Asthma as a back-up. He's good at using symbiosis, any other illness or disease that comes along, he knows he can ride on it to increase the discomfort. The bastard has no respect for rules of war, so why should we. Fight back with any weapon you chose. He does back off a bit when faced with a fighter.

Keeping fit mentally, as well as physically, can help. Whatever you like doing, crosswords, sudoku, hobbies, study, etc, or anything that diverts or stimulates. I'm currently looking into Einstein's theory of relativity, I think he may have got it wrong. Will report back on this.

Keep fighting and remember will power and inner strength are the key weapons. Hope that doesn't sound too patronising fellow soldiers?

Jules77

Jules77 Sir, We would never interpret your advice as patronising so never thing that. Great to see you back in the trenches. Though please don't push yourself too far. The enemy had been attacking my thought process the past couple days. Have to think hard what I want to say and sometimes give in. HOWEVER, I then remember your Battle Briefings which pulls me through. Again great to see you Sir and have a pleasant weekend. Joanie

LC JP back for action in the Anti Parky regiment after a wobble.

Hi fellow fighters,
Just to report that stitches are out following my fall on the battlefield.
Currently, Parkinson is fighting me with the duel weapon of Akynesia and Distonia at the same time. A dastardly tactic, but I'm fighting back with any weapons I can muster. Careful exercise, keeping brain active and will power among them.

Keep fighting him.

Regards,
Jules77

Lovely to hear you are on the mend.  You are truly a fighter as a fall like that must have been quite  scary.  The thing with Parky is it makes us stronger as we get used to the battles and fighting against its weapons with our tactics becomes second nature.  I am only 8yrs into the fight but sincerely hope I am able to battle on at the same level as you in the future. 

I wish you and your family well, everyone is so proud of you. x 

Hello J77 and glad to see you back after fall but sorry to hear about the two front attack but know that you'll be giving it your best to carry on as much as normal as you can. I certainly hope your boosting the will power with the Tina Turner concert DVD.

Have a little personal challenge i'm doing and whenever it becomes a bit of a struggle i'll think of your posts for the extra oomph to push on through. Good to see you back J77 and look forward to your articulate posts and positive quotes.

Keep up the fight Sir J77

JP

Good Morning fellow fighters,

So the battle against Parkinson continues remorselessly. From the many field reports, it is humbling to hear of the  bravery of front line troops and their tactics for fighting this heinous enemy.

At the start of my briefings I mentioned that I am bashing the bastard daily with Madopar, which repels him a bit but he seems to get used to it and replies by inflicting switch-offs that I fight like mad and often win.

My front line medical officer, some eight months ago, suggested I try bashing him with a new weapon called Safinamide (50 mg). I've tried this on and off since then but results are somewhat vague and Parkinson seems to be getting used to it. Will report back on this.
Other than the medicine weapons the main assaults I use are physical and mental exercise, will-power, determination and shear cussedness.

Field rations are brilliant and my CO ensures good supplies. There is some evidence however that too much protein allows the enemy room for inflicting assaults. So watch your protein levels troops. Strange but other minor weapons I find sometimes help are coffee, folic acid, and would you believe, paracetamol at a small level as and when.

Good to hear a report from you Lance Corporal JP and you Trooper TeeHee. Your fighting spirit is exemplary. Have you been on leave Lance Corporal? Hope the personal chalenge is bearing fruit (there I go again with the metaphors).

By the way in recent a field report concerning mental exercise to keep cognitive skills high, I mentioned that, in between avoiding shells whistling over my head (an interesting metaphor) I was working on correcting Albert E's theory of relativity and I think I know where he went wrong? It should read E2 = MC. Transposing we get E = √MC. The mistake was understandable, after all we are only human.

Have my two 21 year old grand daughters on the front line with me and my CO for a few days so diversionary tactics are easier

Regards and keep fighting,

Jules77

Good evening Major Jules and good to see you leading by example on the front line. Have had a few skirmishes away from military action. Locals raiding vehicle and stealing equipment causing damage leading to military funding been taken from fight and been used else where. Smashed rear windscreen and purloined cycle I had out for a secret mission I have agreed to accept and hopefully give me a push start to fight back successfully at the Parkies accelerated attack in symptoms while I was preparing defence plans since entering stage  2.. My C/O was struggling a little with life on front line in phase 2 so kept a few of the battles secret and can concentrate more on her Mum. It is hard for everyone in this battle against a enemy who can only be slowed down  not stopped, as of yet I may add.

I haven't mentioned it a lot on this forum, well this thread anyway but have been briefed on a mission to cycle 60 miles to strengthen resolve and also drum up support and funds for the Parkies battle. Have to say Major a bit concerned about completion of mission as have to be debriefed and I'm a shy fellow. Start training next Tuesday so will keep you up to date on progress.

Going to hit assault course running and this time not away from it as have not given it 100% effort but have a new determination Major. I also have been spending to much time in Navvy but Suze has such lovely buns. I will not let myself or PWP's down again by encouraging all to take a stand against such a formidable enemy and not do so myself 100%. No excuses but it is a very complex enemy and can attack in so many ways but like so many in this regiment I never give up.

See chief medical officer in 2 weeks and will be discussing increase in rations to maybe include Levdopa in future and also in same week attend a Parkinson's self management course so will post here with any plans or strategies that may be helpful  to all.

The grey matter is doing fine and now using nearly 3% of it. Working hard on getting to the 10% everyone uses but is tough but do understand the theory of reliantly: Mum and Dad are related as parents, Brothers and sister are related as siblings and and the other relatives are relativity endured. As the faster you want to get away from them the slower it seems to take. Also reading up about Space-Time but doesn't appear to be a follow to the film Space Jam with Michael Jordan.

This is LC JP signing out Sir and have to say i would look good in Sergeant mess dress.

Hi Battle troops,

It’s a while since I posted a briefing but the truth is the enemy is starting to “turn the screw” and is relentless. Quite frankly at nearly eighty, I’m losing the strength to fight him. The front line is now out of the question as all the symptoms are immobilising me for a large part of the day.

It doesn't mean I’m giving up but I am retreating to the bunker. With this blasted enemy a strong willpower is essential but the use of drug warfare is important. My Madopar level is now at 1,200 mg and none of the agonists work for me. My experiment with using Safinamide was not really a success. Do I go up even more on the Madopar?

I’m consulting with a local Field Medical Officer in July, but at junior level. I’m not convinced that she will be able to help. After all what weapons are left? For our area there are two, some what conflicting, departments who deal with fighting Parkinson. About a year ago I was persuaded to change over and not sure that was a good idea.

Having said all that, I would just add keep fighting the battle. I admire you all.

At some time in the future you’ll beat the sod, let’s hope that’s soon

Jules 77.

Keep fighting.Best wishes.May God bless

Hello Captain, Read your report and sorry to hear your having a tough time and really hope you can you can find some solution with doctor. Good choice with new battle tactics and as always a great attitude example you show by continuing to fight. Keep us up to date with your progress as much as you can as find your posts very well written and eloquent (Have you been copying off me lol) and great to read.

I have a lot of respect for everyone on here fighting this s****y condition but can honestly say you are one of the rare few I get real inspiration from. So rest up take it easy and keep the up fight and look forward to the next update and I wish to repeat Ramesh's wishes to you CAPTAIN.

Lance Corporal

JP

P.S. Don't be going overboard with the Tina Turner DVD, Sir.

Hi all,

Thank you Ramesh for kind message.

Corporal JohnnyParky, good to get your report and thank you for the compliments. You have great way of mixing pathos humour and authenticity into your field reports. Your fighting spirit is commendable. Further promotion must be considered.

My retreat to the bunker is mainly due to Parkinson using the foul tactic of combining severe akynesia (freezing) with severe Dystonia, so the effort and will of moving forward is met by him giving me the awful pain of muscle pull. A dastardly weapon to use and I find it difficult to combat.

His tactics are floored however as he is coping a large number of fighting troops and a back up research team (civilians) who are looking for advanced weapons. One day the bastard will be beaten (excuse the expletive).

My good wishes.

Jules77
(From a Suffolk bunker).

Hi

My last dispatch was flawed,
When I typed floored,
It should have been flawed,
Maybe using floored
Was not so flawed?

I maybe facing disciplinary charges for this?

Jules77

Good afternoon fellow soldiers,

It is gratifying to read that a group of warriors have formed a small battalion to fight the enemy Parkinson. That they have met up to discuss strategy and at the same time engage in social discourse is admiral. The dispatches I have read are humorous and well disguised to fool the enemy. Sometimes the reports are difficult to decode.

So congratulations to troopers - BB, Twinks,TeeHee, FED, J of GC and others, on your fighting spirit. To form a friendship bond is not in standing orders, yet is a great strategy and one with positive benefits.

I miss Corporal JP’s input however.

Good luck in your noble fight. I wish I could be around when the bastard is finally crushed.

Jules77
(Suffolk Bunker).

Thank you so much for your positive comments.

We fight every day against the urge to either sit in a comfy chair or snuggle under the duvet all day. Getting out for a walk, even getting ready to go out can seem too much effort at times, but worth it when you can.

Very much like all brave soldiers we value our Rest and Recuperation, we met , we ate good food, we drank and engaged in banter.  It was a real tonic.  

We are hoping to arrange more R&R.  I am sure I am not the only one reading your posts feeling the utmost respect and admiration for you.  You are very welcome to join us on our next adventure. 

Take Care of yourself and keep reporting / posting to let us all know how you are.

Good morning Captain and it's a beautiful sunny day up here in t'north. Had a bit of cloud inside but has been blown away. As i am very nosy I have been reading some posts as like the poetry and this thread very much. You are a very inspirational and motivational person Captain and why I was quick to join your regiment. I read your last post  and admit I have missed relaying battle reports myself but what really blew me away is your refusal to buckle and give in but to keep been positive and doing as much as your able to. You are some one I admire and look up (and not just because i am only 5' 4") and would like to transfer back to your regiment Sir.

To be honest this regiment I'm in at the moment is a bit dull. I asked if they liked a bit of innuendo and they replied "What did they sing". After one major ParkyD attack the officer said he was right behind us as we counter attacked, yes 30 miles behind.

If you don't mind me been impertinent sir I think taking TH up on her offer to meet would be great for you and putting faces to the words.I do understand you have trouble getting out and about. I think having something to look forward to is essential in our daily fight we all have to face. 

I look forward to reading your updates Sir and my best wishes to you and your family.

LC JP ready for duty.

Good morning troops,

A bad day in the bunker.

Thank you Tee Hee for your warm reply to my latest dispatch. It was sweet of you to mention your next battalion meeting. I have to be perfectly frank and say meeting up, for me is unlikely at this juncture (see below).

Now Corporal JP,
It’s good to receive an update from you on the Northern front. Please no more references to height or else I will be forced to put you on a charge and that will mean seven days of peeling spuds from 6.00 am in the morning. Human beings vary in height from 3’-6” to 7’-10” and to be pedantic you are well within 3 sigma of the standard distribution curve for human height. As far as I’m concerned you stand very tall as a human being and thats the only true gauge there is.
Your transfer back is accepted and you have now been granted the rank of full corporal. No more nonsense about height.

———————

Yesterday I was guilty of the most basic defence error. I failed to replenish my main guard (Madopar) three hours later I replenished it but at the same time weakened it, by eating a lot of protein. I was in the courtyard of my bunker doing some minor tasks when Parkinson hit hard and my lapse in defence was just what the bastard needed and he really walloped me with severe distonia and a massive switch-off, it’s a dastardly combination and lasted about five hours. I have a small problem with atrial arythmia and he had a go at that as well. It all left me exhausted.
Was supposed to travel a few miles, driven by my Senior Officer to watch Daughter and and one granddaughter in  a sponsored walk for Parkinson’s research but was unable to travel.
Back to normal today (whatever normal is).

Keep fighting,
Jules77.

Sorry to hear about your defence lapse but you are back fighting  and that takes guts.  Travel is difficult and I respect that,  the next meet up will be posted and hopefully  a few more fighters will come along.  

Take Care All x

Apologies  for being nosey, but your site name, are you a  fan of the author?

Hi Tee Hee,

Not particularly a fan, although I have read some of his work - 20,000 leagues; Around the World; Journey to the centre of the Earth and From Earth to the Moon, etc, but a long time ago.
No -Jules is a derivation from my actual Christian name, which for some reason, sixty years ago and in the Forces, was considered to be pansyish. How things have (thankfully) changed.

Jules77