Battle briefing

Thanks Captain and message understood sir. Thanks for promotion. Will file full report end of week. Keep up the resistance sir and agree you've got guts.

Corporal JP

Thankfully times are changing and there is increasingly more acceptance with regard to anything perceived to be outside the norm.  In this case names, with the utmost respect would you consider updating the term  christian name in favour of first name ?  

Food for thought,  good for the grey matter.

Good morning  Trooper Tee Hee,

Thank you for your sensitive and delicate enquiry and for bringing to my attention my lapse in protocol.

All standard dispatches should follow government dictates. “First name” is the correct term.

Strange how things change, my first name (Julian) is quite popular nowadays. When I first started courting my wife in 1962, her father asked “what’s his name” she replied, “Julian” he then said “I don’t like the sound of that”.

The default name has stuck and my wife and has nearly always called me Jules. I’m quite happy with either.

For dispatches and the PD forum, I like to use Jules77. Most of us have a pseudonym for the forum.

Regards,
(Keep fighting).

Jules77

Sir, 

Julian is a lovely name as is Jules.  I cannot be more certain that you are a true gentleman.  I also can acknowledge your partner is quite a lady who stands by your side.

Yes, still fighting , trying levopda after 8yrs but not trusting it, feel better then worse.  Question is it better to get used to feeling not so good all the time or great then oh so bad, maybe just finish the month trial, then decide. Parky enemy attacking my decision making, so sending missiles glass of wine and a box of Maltesers, against the Geneva convention, but at this juncture am prepared to play dirty. 

With regard to tailgaters switch on your headlights , (if daylight) driver behind sees red rear lights , assumes  you hit the brakes.Driv

er behind hits brakes whilst you continue your journey.  Unfortunately in this scenario my dystonia hits hard. My arm flings into the air, my fingers curl up in a cramp like position, except my middle finger which  remains at a vertical angle. Strange but this really upsets my tailgater.

Keep on fighting, the idiots well dismiss them, after all we have all been idiots at least once in our lifetimes.

Regards 

Lynda

Good Morning Trooper Tee Hee,

Yes by all means play dirty. In my experience hurling tactical missiles is understandable but can be counter-productive. Be careful when using a box of Maltesers, they could be regarded as a cluster bomb and are banned under the Geneva Convention.

Thank you for your advice about “On the Road”. Three years ago the DVLA stopped me driving on the flimsy excuse of me not being able to operate the clutch, accelerator or brake or steer the car. I suspect Enemy fifth columnists were behind it this dastardly plot.

Luckily my Senior Officer now drives the staff  car. As you well know men make very good passengers giving continual helpful advice, which, in my case is usually ignored and sometimes she pulls rank.

Out with my SO yesterday on weekly supply mission, when Parkinson attacked hard leaving me virtually immobile and with the dear old Distonia, coupled with a massive switch-off. Luckily I had my walking frame (which I hate using) but that was the end of that mission for me and I sat in the staff car wondering what missiles to sling? I didn’t have any Maltesers.

I must try the latest (COMT) inhibitor - Opicapone

Reported for duty this morning.

Jules77.

Addendum to dispatch:
There has been a sudden rush of Feedback's  on my “poem”. On the Road. Can’t understand why?

Morning Captain and hoping your as well as can be. Will have field report ready soon sir. Completed side mission and thanks to TH for helping fund mission. 

Corporal JP

P.S. When tailgated I slow down if they can't pass and when go different ways put hazards on as a thank you for their patience. They really appreciate that.

Welldone JP, hope you recovering, a lot to cope with tremor and cycling, all for a good cause, so credit where it is due.  Keep battling on.

Good afternoon fellow soldiers,

Just to say that I think “Battle Briefing” has run its course and I won’t be sending any more dispatches on it. There are a lot of brave troops out there, fighting the cursed enemy, Parkinson. Keep fighting and good wishes.

Jules77

That is a real shame but I am sure you will be posting poems or just joining in on other threads.  Keep fighting too, it has been an absolute pleasure to join your Army and take part in your thread.  

Take care 

Jules77 - it is'nt the only topic that is waning, many of the others are too. I'm sure after the summer months folk will return in the winter here to pass the time away on those dark long nights. Don't be despondent, keep your chin up!

Sheila

Yes Sheila, well said,  Jules you have fans.....

Attention all troops,

This is a one of communiqué for all front line soldiers.

Trooper TeeHee (stand to attention when I’m talking to you) you are not allowed to leave the trenches without my permission. Your wit and excited endeavour, under constant bombardment is essential to troop morale.

So in this constant battle, where humour is essential, you may have perhaps overstepped the mark marginally and Battle Command are somewhat sensitive in these tender times.

A mild reprimand from your me, your CO, is the end of the matter. I would refer you to Standing Orders, Section 17’ sub-section 27, paragraph B , (just under rules for picking ones nose under fire). Please keep this in mind for future missives.

You are granted a 48 hour pass but no more. Now get into line and keep boosting the fighters with a combination of humour and humanity.

This bastard Parkinson, our sworn enemy, has to be beaten.

Keeeep fighting,
Jules77

Post script - dispatch - Your promotion to Lance-Corporal is approved.

Sir,

Thank you for the promotion, request further 48hrs on R & R, as lost the plot.  

I am in a trench on my own and battling hard to keep going.  Those sneaky snipers keep creeping up on me, it's like a weird pantomime "he's behind you" .  Just when you think you got it all under control the enemy appears. BAM ! 

Anxiety, my major problem ,not been out of my trench for days.  Supplies being delivered by the regiment "just eat", and have been a bit low on fruit and vegetables.  I blame not having my 5 a day for my demise and really ought to get a grip but its not always that easy, as my inner whimp has surfaced.

Up until Parky pops became more obvious, had a second in command and missing having someone to hug and cook for, getting used to the idea that at 9 yrs and a bit with Parky there is no chance of meeting someone new.  That thought has knocked me for six, thinking of ways to battle on.

1. buy a Swan teasmade

Lance Corporal Tee Hee, signing off,  as 2 papadums, pickle tray, garlic nan bread and a chicken vindaloo has just arrived.

Hi TeeHee - congrats on your promotion! Something to be proud of so don't be down, you have a squad to think about now, and above all they say that there IS someone out there for everyone so time to build on some hope and focus on what's ahead, perhaps you will meet someone on the battlefield so try to be more positive on life.

By the way enjoy that chicken vindaloo, would'nt like to be you tomorrow!

Happy hunting.......

Hi Teehee, 

Glad you've raised you're head above the parapet. I'm sure you'll give yourself a good talking to and realise that although it's nice to have a companion, it's also better to be happy alone than miserable with someone. 

As Shefinn rightly says, there's definitely someone out there for a strong, smart, newly promoted Lance corporal! 

Bless, thanks you 3, back at war with a personal trainer in tow!  better way to spend my pension, eh?   xxxxx

Good evening Troops, I have taken it upon myself to be communications officer. Having a bit of trouble getting a signal for this morse code machine and where does the charger go. Hang on have a call on the other line. Hello.......yes........hmmn.......really............yes......well thank you and i'm going to look pretty daft (no comments please) explaining this but oh well here goes. Troops have changed machines as the last one was faulty.

As this is my first attempt i'm not  going to send too long a message (PafkyD productions would like to say no one is more surprised than us) so here goes and will translate at end:

.......-----------............---------------------------......................--------.............-------------........... = Hello.

This is Corporal JP

---------------------......................--------------------..............-------------------------------------........................----............-------------------..........................----------------------  = Over and Out

Corporal JP, our Commander has gone AWOL

..____..-- ..  : (  ......: (

Need more troops, fighting hazardous, conditions poor, dot dot dash.... where is the great man, can you write report to have jules 77 transferred back, last seen relaxing in creative corner.

Over and Out. LCpl. TeeHee

Good morning LC TH and good to see you back fighting the front line. The thread does miss our Commanding Officer and also troops. I think (honestly) a recruitment will help Captain Jules see we need his witty, funny and motivating lectures (lol of course) sorry posts. 

The following is a broadcast on behalf of the Battle Briefing thread:

HEY YOU, YES YOU these are dark times of late and if anyone has a 60 watt bulb spare I would appreciate it but it does remind of when kids at xmas and if electric went out how my dad would get the candles out and if really cold would light one. I digress,  well my fellow PD enthusiasts i'm calling on you to take up arms (not on your jumper) and join this regiment started by Captain Jules. You don't have to have a crew cut or get up at 5.00 as most of us already are. You can wear your own uniform though I do suggest not one of a intimate kind thank you in advance. All that is required is an occasional post about your fight with PD or anything but if possible with positive vibe or bad joke. Our paths are difficult, tiring and at times seem too much but we can still have a moment or 2 for fun. So enlistment is from now future troopers and to start a name is needed for the regiment so have a go and there is a prize but not for this obviously. If you are unsure here are some reviews to help you:

Private number: Hey this number is ex directory how did you get it?

Private parts; Ooh Matron.

Private investigator: I looked into it and found out it was Miss White in the cellar with.....hmmn leave that.

Private hire: Just round the corner be there in a minute or 20.

Private private: Where's he hiding now.

Private dance: He's with me Sir.

Ask not what your Author can post for you. Ask what you can post for your Author.

This is Corporal JP giving a big shout out to Captain Jules. Help Sir this been in charge is no fun at all. Every one is looking at me so give me a moment while I get out of this foetal and stop crying. Your posting is required post haste sir. We've need of your leadership Sir or i'm going to go on that many tangents my posts will look like a spirograph. It reminds me of that famous quote " Are you not entertained" well with me apparently not but with Captain Jules it's Sunshine and Rainbows.

Your regiment awaits news  from you Sir .

Corporal JP