Bbbad t the bone +dysky==

Good Morning young Fed......Jolly Dolly sounds great to me, thank you for that. I did wonder about you walking all that way but i am pretty guilible and believe whatever i am told lolrazz​It is a lovely part of the country to live and living so near to Brighton is fun, the Grandboys like visiting, one is 15 the other 18 (my step-grandboys) I am far tooooooooo young he he!winkThey call me Nanny burp! guess those Omeprazole dont work as well as the should! Youve heard the saying Lifes a GAS? well in my case that is sooooooooooooooooo true !!red face

Your Aunties house sounds amazing and Weymouth is smashing........Mr Dolly had an Aunt who put him in her Will.......shes been gone several years and obviously changed her mind !eye rollhey ho.

Enjoying the Beatles Fed...well done with that.

I have just reported a thread to the moderators, if you look on active topics you will see an advert for Kitchen units Newcastle.....i and Goldengirl have both e-mailed them and reported the thread. It makes us sick that they can get away with this...........now this is me getting on my soap box........not so Jolly Dolly now ay?!!!mr green

Have a lovely day FED.....great to chat with you

JOLLY DOLLY (luv it)

Hi Fed, Jolly Dolly and others on this page

All the memories are flooding back for me also.  I must admit I liked the Beach Boys I saw them in concert, and Phil Collins, Status quo,  I also saw a band one New Years Eve at the Empire down the Strand in London and Keith Moon was  playing the drums as a stand in I think the band was The Bonzo Dog Doo Daa Band and I think it was their last gig. I was never really into heavy metal but I did love dancing (and still do when I can). 

Thanks for the memories and keep them coming.

Keep on rocking (I know!!)

wye123 (i know not very rock chick)

Hi Wye123.........good to hear from a fellow rock chick!!! i would love to have seen Moon the Loon...sadly by the time i saw the Who in Brighton he had passed on, but what a fab night it was anyway, i will never forget it. Honestly you just can't beat the 60s can you? one of my favs for music was 1967/68 where has that time gone? am i getting old or is the music really not as good now? every time i hear Arthur browns "FIRE" i am transported back to a Saturday morning disco in Portslade Sussex and i was always the only person chucking myself about on the floor, i still enjoy hearing it, but can't quite manage the "MOVES" the same!!! do you like ballroom and Latin and Line dancing too? its good for the balance and co-ordination isn't it? I look forward to hearing more of your rockin memories

like you say "Keep rockin"

Best wishes Dolly

coolHi Wyeeek  This is me and my Bro  you can see the likeness cant you, I am the good looking one wearing the Raybans,  the one on the left, and this is my  Sis evilshe really is that frightening and was the only one of my family that could deal with me in my teens, I was a perfectly normal young man until midnight 4/9/62 then I did a Kevin , as portrayed so realistically by Harry Enfield, and became a hideous creature  that communicated by grunting my hair was soon way past my shoulders and was regularily,( I know I have not spelt that right but I am too tired to fix it) washed once a year I was always fighting with my Bro, he is 7 yrs older than me but I got huge volumes of joy by dropping him in the Xtra LARGE PIT OF S,(<<tT , He then would knock  seven bells out of me and Sis ,who was  2yrs older than my wicked wicked Bro would get stuck into him with the mop my Mother used to clean the outside B,,,,,&(" Water Closet with, oh what fun we , or rather I had , we are great pals now and my Sis is still not to be messed with, if I start on about something and she wants me to stop  she hits me quite hard with a rolled up newspaper just as she did  all those years ago, I must appologise  Wye I only wanted to apologise for not apologising in reply to your post, so I appppollogyes..

And I am incidently very pleased to make a new friend, please dont think Im nuts Its just my way of dealing with the BEAST WITHIN, thats not beloved by the way   a bite to eat then off to battle (dreams). night night

Kindest Regards   Fed

Hi Dolly

It was lovely to receive your reply.  I used to love disco dancing at parties and concerts I still do when Meds kick in!!   Now your mention of the song  'Fire' bought a lot of memories back and to this day I still can smile when I hear the tune and want to really dance around the place (wherever I am) .   I agree you cannot beat the 60's music.  One record I loved and has special memories for me was called (I think) 'In the year 25 25' do you by any cbance know who it is by (I know it is not exactly a rocking song but it was one tune that I really loved and it was played the whole time on August bank Holiday weekend in 1968 or 1969 (memory is fading).

Would love to hear more from you.

Best Wishes wye 123

Hi Fed

Will reply to you properly a bit later.

Best wishes

wye123

Hi Wye123....great to hear from you and your memories of the fab 60s..big grin..25 25 was by Zager and Evans and it came out in 1969....apparently they have remained friends and Zager now builds custom guitars and both are still in the music industry. It doesn't seem possible does it that so many years have passed? i would like to be Dr Who for a day and be transported back to that era to relive the best days ever....no worries, no resposibilites and no b***** Parky!!!!mr green

Just off to bed now matey but will keep in touch and look forward to chatting more with you

warmest wishes and keeeeeeeeeeeeeep smiling razz

Dolly

Hiya young Fed....just a quickie hoping that all is well with you? coolare you still enjoying some good zzzzzzzzzzzz ? love the story about your Bro and Sister and the rolled up newspaper, good to know that not everything changes as you get older and your sis still keeps you in check!! i am guessing that your hair isn't  still hanging around your shoulders?idea great memories ay?

keep rockin' matey

Dolly x

Hello Doll and Wye

Zager and Evans is correct Dolly,I was listening to it on you tube this morning, old memories flooded back, Thunderclap Newman  ,,The Revolutions Here,, San Fran Sisco I know thats spelt rong but it makes it ryme with gong so I cant go rong when I sing a song" sorry thats the poet in me trying to escape, I have put  him back in his cage.,other memories like the JFK murder, the equally heinous murders of Martin Luther  King and Bobby K, , the world is still a very dangerous place and we are facing another war with Russia it seems Humans are pr programmed to self destruct.     If you want a enlightening tale go to you tube and type in KOKO THE GORRILA  its fascinating.cool

Kindest Regards  Fed

Hi Dolly and Fed

Thanks for the Zager and Evans update.  Talking of your hair Fed, I had a disastrous afro in the 70's which when I look at photos now makes me cringe but at the time was very with it and I thought it looked good!!!

Fed the wye in my tag is not the river but the name of my road. 

As they say you can always remember what you were doing when JFK was murdered very true.   Still a bit of a mystery!  I agree the world at the moment seems quite an unsafe place to be.

I am afraid I have jumped from one topic to another above. 

Keep on rocking, and sending the memories flooding back.  I love reading all the comments.  I hope mine aren't too boring!

Yes keep smiling

wye123big grin

Hello Wye         

I have to start my posts half way across the page or this merry little LENOVOpiles all the words I have rote in a big heap back where I started all mixed together, I find this  habit most annoying and will send this artificially non intelligent TOPLAP to the home for retired PCs if it  doesnt pack it in, its behaving now as it has facial recognition  built in and working ,it knows by the expression on my face if I am angry and behaves, for a while,its a little pest at times.

o I am going to potter about in the garden now, its fine but cold , yesterday at this time I was in Xray at  NTGH I had to drink that barium stuff as I am having great difficulty swallowing it was fascinating seeing my head Illuminated by the XR and watching the different textures of food stuff going down my throat , if you imagine a skull chewing its interesting much.

ff nowWell o                    <  thats a example of the annoying little(***%%£"rds tricks.

Kindest Regards Fed

Hi Wye123 and young Fedcool.......what a pic that conjours up mr greenyou having a barium x-ray bet it was horrible watching your food going down? though better than the other way around i guess...i am sure we have all had that once or twice !!!!!!! i hope you get some good results Fed, let us know how you get on. Do they do the same test for the trots!!????eekcos i have had that really bad for 11 weeks now, my stool test was clear as was the settee and table test....sorry just me being sillyeekbut i am off to the quack on Thursday to see if he can refer me somewhere....not sure where but i can tell you i am glad i don't eat peanuts cos at the moment if i was to let one fly!!!ideai'd pebble dash the wall!!!!! hope you are not eatingevilsorrrrrrrrrrrrrry.

Getting back to hair Wye123 i also had an afro and Mr Dolly loved it but i used to perm it myself and the lotion used to run everywhere and in those days smelt awful....i couldn't keep my arms up for that long now i don't think. Though i do still perm 3 of my ladies, but that is all nowadays.Did you have a beehive or a Cilla Black style? being a hairdresser i was like a kid in a sweetshop with all the colours that were around and it did start to fall out when i was using 40vol peroxide on it.......silly girl i should have known better.....but what i had was a lovely colour!big grin

It is strange how we remember where we were when hearing awful news, i think my memory of JFK, Bing Crosby and of course the fab John Lennon have been the most vivid.

Today Mr Dolly and i have been on a nostalgic walk around our old haunts in Brighton.....we go over there most weeks but today we visited a different area to see how things have altered over the years. The old pubs, places  where  we worked, and of course where the Mods and Rockers used to frequent in the 60s. I admit i loved the feel of being on the back of a motorbike and the leathers and no crash helmets in those days (no health and safety)! Also i did go to the "other" side in between and enjoyed the Mod clothes and sitting behind a lad on his Lambretta dressed in his Parka with his tiger tail hanging on the back !cooloh those fantastic memories....it does you good ....but where did those years go? 

Looking forward to hearing more of yours Wye123 and young Fed.........big grincool

keep rockin' both

Dolly

Hi Fed

I hope you have good results from the Barium test.   I dont think I would have wanted to watch it.  When I had the Dat Scan I laid in the thing and had my eyes shut and tried to think of nice things!!  Then of course the result came back as 'yes Mr Parky has arrived'.

I like to potter in the garden but at the moment cant do as much as I would like.

Good Luck with the test Fed

Kind Regards

wye123

Hi Dolly

Thanks for latest message I had a Cilla Black hair style and then I went Afro a bit like Lionel Richie  of the Commodores, but it was so easy just wash and go and great for a camping holiday in the South of France, at the Disco there we had Brown girl in the Ring  (I know not rocking tunes but memories) Three Times a Lady.  It so good to have the memories and to think what I used to do and had a great time.  I still do to a degree I have some great friends but no one understands   quite like fellow parkies.

Hope to hear more from you Dolly

Keep rocking

wye123

Hi Fed and Dolly

You have both gone quiet on this thread hope you are both OK.  Carry on with the memories

Kindest regards

wye 123

Hi Fed, Dolly, Wye 123 and all,

regarding memories.

Slightly off the subject, I know, but during my heady days of concerts, I've seen all the noisy buggers live: The Who, Zep, Judas Priest etc. but believe it or not, by far the loudest was Nazareth. Couldn't hear properly for days.

Banjo

Hello Dolly Banjo and Wye

The tests went ok I could swallow most of the test food, it was all coated or mixed with Barium and it was weird watching it slide down my throat , it was shown up bright and was not unpleasant, make sure we are all thinking from the same page hereevil       I am going to do another quiz for you , this time it will be a complete cross section of pop rock  MAINLY ROCK just for starters here are a few to be going on with.       big grin

1  DIRTY OLD RIVER GOT TO KEEP///////////////////////

2   JUMP    BY  V  (this group has a indecently handsome lead singer)??????????????

3  A PENNY IN YOUR POCKET, SUITCASE???????????/

4  WHERE THEY DRINK CHAMPAGNE AND IT TASTES LIKE CHERRY COLA?????????????

5    I KEEP YOUR PICTURE ON THE WALL IT? ???????????

6   BUT THEY'VE MADE IT VERY CLEAR THEY'VE GOT NO TIME FOR RAVERS???????????????

7    WHEN IM RIDING IN MY CAR AND THE  MAN COMES ON THE RADIO????????????????

8     AND ITS BEEN THE RUIN OF MANY A POOR BOY???????????????????????????/

9     I HAD NO BODY TILL I MET YOU/////////////////////

10     LAST DAY OF JUNE AND THE SUN WAS A DEMON???????????????????

there try that lot, hopefully the greater choice will attract more attention, and once     again I am assimilating from memory only, its a test of my memory banks if you like and I want you to do the same, only resort to google as a last resort and if you do, be honest and own up please, its a test for your memory also, if this  flies I will do one every day, so there.

GOOD LUCK  FED                 (once again the prize is a three week stay in a tent in Somalia, or Syria, or Afghanistan

Hi Fed,

I'm ok with a few: 

2/. Van Halen

4/ Kinks - Lola

5/ 10CC -I'm not in love

6/ Lazy Sunday Afternoon.... Small Faces or Humble Pie?

7/ Satisfaction - Stones

8/ House of the Rising Sun - Animals

9/ Kinks - You Keep me Waiting?  I think?

10 ?

any good?

banjo

Hi Fed

I had the same as banjo plus

1.          Waterloo Sunset by the Kinks

3.         21st Century ??? by  ELO

Do the above add to Banjo's answers.

If I am a winner then I think I will pass on the 1st prize.

(I know I am no fun)

BFN

wye123

Hi wye123,

what about no 10? Any ideas?

Banjo