CBD oil

I been diagnosed with Parkinson’s 5 years ago.
I have problems with balance, fall & foot freezing together with reduced volume and clarity of words.

Thinking about trying CBD oil .
Wondering if anybody else had given it a go, and what benefits they may have got from taking it

Hi jbmad quite a few of us use it it does, not work for everyone all I would say is check with the pd nurse or gp as regards other meds. I get mine from Holland and barret if you go ahead I would be interested to know how you get on good luck
Pete

I wouldn’t describe it as the Holy Grail, but it has certainly helped with my sleeping.
Which I believe has greatly improved my management of my PD.
Hubby

1 Like

Currently trying CBD oIl to control tremors but unimpressed

I found CBD helps with sleep and stiffness, I don’t have tremor, but I do get tremor with CBD, it also makes me sweat like crazy.

I have been using CBD oil for about 2 weeks i think it affected my Stalevo medication and its caused my symptoms to increase couldn’t sleep and excessive sweating even anxiety increased so have given up taking orally and use in massage oils

I feel much better and muscle stiffness gone so try it this way before taking it internally as i reckon it fights the medication in some people.

hi i have also been taking cbd oil but it seems to work for me i have been putting it under my tongue . i must point out that there’s different quality of cbd oil i use kanavape cbd oil whi i get from here check it out rob only deals in the quality cbd oil

Hi I have been trying to boost my Energy as fatigued all the time with my Parkinson’s so, tried Cider vinegar and Honey mixed in warm water each morning It seems to help my energy levels.
Initially i was taking a small glass on waking up in the morning then one at lunch but now only the morning one seems to keep my energy levels up.The cider vinegar is horrible to take but the honey helps
I also take ginger capsules for my Joints and this settles my system i also use 4 drops of CBD oil and mix it with some hot olive oil and massage it into my calves and legs this really relaxes the muscles
I have also noted cold weather slows me down considerably has it effects the muscles and i feel the cold really bad so, i have a hot shower in the morning stay in the shower for at least 15 mins this really helps my muscle stiffness and rigidity and helps the start of the day.
hope this info helps

2 Likes

I’ve stop taking the CBD oil, since being away on holiday. Found that while taking it, it didn’t really make much different to my condition. While away in a warm climate I’ve Notice that the warm hot weather is a great help with regards to my body stiffness. I have not had any falls in over 7 days, which is a real record for me! Nice to not have bruises

1 Like

Hi My mum is a PD suffere. She has not felt any relief by taking this oil.

However she has recently started Placenta Purtier Supplement. This supplement has certain ingredients like squalene oil and avocado oil.

Let’s see who happens.

Another supplement that she takes is Raw L-Dopa. After good 10 minutes the tremors stop

1 Like

Thanks for this info… I’ll share this with my husband. He’s really struggling with the cold weather and it’s impact on his joints, also extreme fatigue. Hope this works.

Just been told I have PD and just started on the CBD oil so will let you know ?

I stop taking CBD oil because it’s away from vacation. Knowing that when taking it, he did not make a lot of difference in my condition. After getting away in the hot weather, I have realized that the warm weather is a great deal of my body’s intensity. I have no more than 7 days of trial, which is a real record for me. It’s not good to face wounds

Dave, I can see you have experience with CBD oil. I am researching for the best quality/prise. Can you help me?
I liked these products https://formulaswiss.com/collections/buy-cbd-oil/products/8-2-cbd-oil-drops-in-olive-oil-3-20-300-2-000-mg
but I am not sure about the dosage - 3% or 5%, 10%, 25% ???
Should I start with 3% (300mg) full-spectrum CBD?
Thanks!!!

Hi adleyalvin I started with the lowest dose and worked up it was working well for a few weeks and I was sleeping really well but then I noticed my off time was starting to increase and i got worse with feeling fatigued all day I think it was affecting my Stalevo Parkinson medication.

To be Honest, I didn’t use it that long I stopped taking it orally and introduced it in massage oils this was much better it really worked on my stiff calf muscles and upper thighs. To be safe i would personally start on a low dose has i reckon not everyone can cope with its effects

I have been using Moringa a South American super green herb I mix this with honey in the Morning and it boosts the system you can buy it in Holland and Barrets this works much better than CBD for me
Moringa
Hope this Helps
Dave23

Thank you very much Dave23! I value your opinion!
I will research about Moringa today and will write to my CBD oil experience. Just started today and feel excited.
Thanks again!

CBD oils have pain-relieving effects, recommend trying it if your doctor said that you pass; also there are a lot of useful info on vapingdaily.com on how to use CBD vapes, so better check it out.

Hello
My dad has parkinsons and would like some info on cbd oil which ones are trustworthy etc
Obviously do not want to pay mega £ incase does not work
Dad has stopped going out socially due to tremors in hands

Thankyou

Hello! While I’m not a medical professional, I can share with you some information I’ve come across regarding the use of CBD oil for Parkinson’s. Some studies have suggested that CBD may have potential therapeutic benefits for Parkinson’s, such as reducing tremors, improving sleep, and alleviating pain and anxiety. However, it’s important to note that research in this area is still ongoing and there is not yet enough evidence to fully support the use of CBD oil for Parkinson’s.

That being said, some people with Parkinson’s have reported positive experiences with CBD oil, and it may be worth discussing with your doctor as a potential complementary therapy. When looking for a CBD product, it’s important to choose a reputable brand that provides third-party lab testing and clear labeling of the contents. Additionally, it’s a good idea to start with a low dosage and gradually increase as needed while monitoring for any side effects.

I hope this information is helpful, and I wish you the best of luck in finding ways to manage your symptoms!