Closing 'open discussion'

Thanks.

One of the problems is that while one is actually posting a reply is that you can't refer to a particular post you are replying to. I usually copy what I have written and then when I go back and check the post I am responding to I sometimes find that in the course of composing my post I have conjured up things to repond to which were not actually there.

I don't know if it would be possible to arrange to have the post one is specifically responding to (if indeed it is one particular one) above the reply box? It is so easy without the benefit of body language as in normal conversation
for the wrong impression to be conveyed. In a normal converation you would know right away if something had gone wrong.

I had twigged that you thought (for the moment) I was one of those who find the idea of compulsive behaviour difficult to take on board. I do as you know have some experience of addictive/obsessive behaviour from both my parents and one of my first fears on dx ( being already aware of the effects of some PD drugs) was of possible side effects but then I looked up Sinemet before I took any - why the neuro can't tell you anything is beyond me - and discovered what I was given and why, i.e. being 70 its the first choice on the theory that you will have shuffled off (literally!!) this mortal coil before the long term effects take hold in 10/15 years time. Unfortunately, as I told the neuro when he replied that the prognosis was 10/15 years, that's not much comfort to me as both my mother and her sister lived to just short of 100 to mention just two in that family.

I do have a more personal interest in the d.a.'s as the neuro's letter to my dr. had suggested that perhaps in a year or two the addition of a d.a might be of benefit to me. On the other had my doctor said I might be reading too much into the neuros final paragraph and that he was probably just padding out the letter which made me laugh.
Hi Amy,

I forgot to write your name on my previous post so I hope you read it.

I've since read more posts and I agree that, in spite of the fact that he has pals in the police, you must try and exercise a bit of "tough love" and at least see what happens when you do report him. I don't underestimate how hard this will be.......Good luck
Hi Eileenpatricia

Thanks you, I really am sorry, I just got so fed up with everyone saying that DA's don't cause these problems and when I read your post I answered without thinking properly - just because I have a big mouth it doesn't mean I don't feel - and unfortunately I answered the wrong post!!!!!! And yes, I know you have a particular interest yourself, and please don't let my 'vent' stop you from getting involved in future - I would hate for other people to miss out on your experience because of something I have done by accident. And yes, I am going to finish it, one way or the other, Wednesday really is the cut off, I know you are all right (even if I don't want to believe you all!!), but I do know its the only way.

I am really sorry again, and thank you for being so understanding.

Ann x
Amy

Don't forget that after being left abandoned and uninformed by the medics for 7 years, I eventually found out BY MYSELF about DAs on the Internet. And despite the fact that I was still enjoying various dubious pleasures at the time, and my mind was in a right scramble, there must have been sufficient underlying residual common sense in my head to get me to drag myself down to the PD clinic and demand that the Neuro change my medication immediately.

So there's still a chance that Mr X could "see the light" and do the right thing.

Ray.

x
Thanks Ray

Ann
Hi EileenPatricia

Assuming your pc runs under Microsoft Windows, or any similar operating system which supports the running of multiple windows concurrently, there's absolutely no reason why you can't have two windows open at the same time - BOTH logged into the forum.

That way you can simultaneously have 1 window for writing your new post, and 1 for displaying whatever it is you're replying to. Just flip between the two whenever you need to.

Ray.
Ok Ray, with respect how many windows do we have to open to see what we want, and then when I personally switch backward and forwards I end up in the wrong window, and press the wrong button and shut down the window I wanted - and have to log back on and start again :grin: I know it sounds easy - but I do understand what eileenpatricia is saying, I must agree with her - maybe we could have the choice of showing what we are answering or not - like email, where we can reply and keep post or delete it? I've even forget the spellings of people's names when I get to the answer window and have had to look for a pen to write them down :grin:

Amy
Just trying to help :laughing:

I suspect I'm on a losing wicket here though....! :rolling_eyes:

Why not just do a copy & paste (CTRL/C, CTRL/V) of the original text onto a notepad sheet, or a Word document then? Or even straight onto the front of the new reply you're writing? (To be deleted - if you wish - when you've finished with it).
Hi all,

My god Ray, even that sounds a bit long winded...I'm a real techno idiot and just about manage to get by turning the bloomin thing on. I do know what you mean though...I think!!

Amy good luck for tomorrow girl..what time you supposed to meet Mrx cos I will be thinking of you? Take some print outs from the forum to show him. we would all be willing to help him work through this if that helps. Take care

Glenchass
P'raps I've not explained the options well?
They're all dead simple, & none takes more than 10 secs!
Ok Ray, so now you've got me cutting and pasting while presssing the wrong buttons and closing down pages I wanted open, so I end up with things copied but no where to post them to, and have to go back and open the page again, only to find the bit I copied has now disappeared, so I have to try to copy it again, and when I highlight it - for some reason when I press copy the highlighting disappears (never worked that one out), and if I do manage to copy I get the wrong bit, or part of the message - or worse actually manage to paste - but find its something that I was copying earlier and not the bit I wanted at all ........... :grin:.

I know it's easy - but there are just some of us that arn't made that way :grin:

Hi Glenchass - he's meeting me at 8.30pm, although he's been arranging to meet me for the last 3 months and hasn't turned up - so I'm not counting my chickens until I actually get him in front of me. :grin: I am going to print a few things off that I think might be helpful - the problem is his concentration is bad, that's not the word I'm looking for but I can't think of the word I want - he looses the plot if things are too long, so I'll need to cut some a bit shorter - but still get the point across - which is the difficult part. But as the saying is Nothing ventured Nothing gained :grin:

Amy
Ray, I've tried your suggestion but when you choose the reply option the forum page disappears so you have not got two windows to switch between. Likewise for this reason you cannot use the tiling option available from the windows bar at the bottom (right click and choose vertical or horizontal multiple windows).

This has made me wonder if there could be a Daily living and and technical tips thread. For example I believe you told how to fix the keyboard to be less sensitive and not put double letters where you don't intend. I was going to say that I did not have this problem but three words whilst I have been posting this have proved me wrong
Hi Ray

I've tried out your suggestion to copy to a separate document (I used word because I don't usually use notepad). I could switch between the windows OK. However the copied post came out in teeny weeny writing but the zoom/magnification button at the top soon fixed that. Thanks.

It might be a good idea to have the notepad or word doc. open before you start.

By the way I managed to do several IT courses including a City and Guilds
before I realised how easy it was to switch between windows in spite of the fact (I suppose) that this was the main innovation and selling point of Windows.
Hi all,

I've been following your discussions about posting replies and getting info from the previous posts. Am I missing something here (I am a bit fuzzy this morning)? I just use the back and forward buttons at top left. This works for me.

Best wishes.
Blimey, you're not as daft as you look!

It works! Only thing to be careful of is that when you return to the current page you're in the middle of writing, the cursor will have returned to the top left.

Brilliant!

D'Oh!

:rolling_eyes: :laughing:

Hi everyone!

This thread seems to have become a continuation of the original "Dopamine Agonists - should people be warned?" theme, but it's obviously in the wrong place.

If nobody minds I'll open a new thread under "Treatments", and we can carry on there?

TOPIC MOVED TO "TREATMENTS"

THIS topic now closed.

Hang on z minute ray I wasn't finished.

ON that's me finished now..
Hi, I was reading an article about requip modutab - see below - which is what X was changed onto. And am a bit confused? am I right from my understanding of below that when people are taking the 3 a day their body only really absorbes about 8.9mg per day, whereas with the one a day slow release they're getting a full dose of 18.6 a day ??? I'm asking because when X was on 3 a day he only ever remembered the morning tablet - so does this mean he's gone from what would effectively be about 3mg(8.9 divided by 3) to 18.6mg???? Or have I got it totally wrong???

Therefore the most clinically appropriate treatment dose can be reached more rapidly and simply than with ropinirole 3x daily. Whilst patients were able to reach higher doses with Requip-Modutab (mean dose of 18.6mg/day versus 8.9mg/day with ropinirole 3x daily), both treatment formulations were generally well tolerated
Sorry Eck! :rolling_eyes: :flushed:
THE REPLACEMENT THREAD UNDER "TREATMENTS" IS NOW IN PLACE.

SORRY FOR THE DISTURBANCE.

THIS THREAD NOW CLOSED.