Dla to pip

Well let’s see if I’m ill or fakeing it

As far as I’m concerned gus this illness cannot be faked, because it takes on different symptoms with everyone, and no two people are alike, this is something the assessors have to know all about BUT DO THEY KNOW!

sheffy

Well my dyskinesia popped right on,and tremors started as soon as the lady from pip turned up ,she introduced herself me and wife and said don’t know why I’m here really, but got to do as DWP have asked when finished she said I will be surprised if you don’t get and touched wood and said it was really nice to meet you both and hopefully in future there just do paperwork assessment. Well keep you informed about 4wks ,I got really emotional when she asked could you stand up try to take couple steps ,she said it’s ok no need too !

Hey @gus,

Hope you’re well today.

I’m sorry to hear that you got emotional during your PIP assessment, I appreciate how distressing these appointments can be. Please keep us posted on the outcome of your assessment as we’d be happy to help you out in anyway we can.

Do take care.,
Reah

Keeping everything crossed for you Gus, mate. I’ve managed to appeal two or three bad ATOS decisions over the last 25 or so years. Its a disgrace that folks are put through such stringent tests, to prove the patently obvious. That HMG has created a “Hostile Environment” for all those who claim disability benefits is plain undeniable, and morally wrong. Their pressure and bullying just makes things worse for so many. We need these things to be re-nationalised, and end all the privatisation of our healthcare systems. Anyway, all the best my friend, and I’m hoping to hear good news from you soon.
PS ~ I too find that stress or external pressure induces a range of PD symptoms. Speach is particularly effceted, with any pressure inducing a stutter, with wild anxiety on top! Tremor also starts or gets worse given any pressure. Funny old disease, this Parkinsons thing!

Nice to hear from you.keep you posted all the best

Many thanks reah

1 Like

Stay strong Gus, we are all behind you and wish you all the best

sheffy

Nice to see the old crowd, & new

Well here’s update on my dla to pip, received letter of DWP saying we now have information to decide if we can award you pip. Don’t phone us we will be in contact when we have made decision. Thanks

That’s typical isn’t it, don’t phone us we’ll phone you!! In other words don’t bother us we will let you know in our own time, just to let you simmer a bit longer. Grrr!

sheffy xx

:roll_eyes: hope it’s worth the wait

Wow all good news here enhanced rate on both 46 points daily living. 12 points mobility. And it’s on going! Which me and my brilliant support worker Lorraine Bilton pdsw were really happy about. Well I’d just like to say a big thank you to reah for helping me and picking up my story pduk, and all of you on forum. Thanks to Parkinson’s workers every where we are all so lucky for having somewhere to turn too .Many thanks again to my pdsw every one who needs help in filling applications out this should be your first call ,and second pduk.

1 Like

On going means 10yrs sorry! Thanks again every one.

Big Congratulations Gus, well worth the wait, and I am so pleased for you. I started off with the enhanced rate for three years, then on an assessment was given enhanced rate on my daily living allowance but only the standard rate for mobility (missed by 1 point) because I couldn’t 'follow and plan an unknown journey on my own) ???. Beggars belief!! This happened leading up to and over last Christmas, and I lost my car, what a time to do it.

Anyway all the best Gus - sheffy

Thank you.my pdsw said the mobility rate was the hardest one to get ,you need 8pts to get mobility badge, when they asked me how far I could walk unaided I said less than 1 metre as this pip is done on your worst day. The day assessor came I was having bad day so I could not even get up of my settee so in a way this was good ,but you shouldn’t have to tested like this it’s so unless fair.All the best sheffy

Hi gus having just read about you asking for home vist.when I was contacted the pip assessment was Set to visit me (have been diagnosed for 11 years and dat scan estimated 10 years before )anyway the date classed with pre booked holiday so phoned up to change date ,was pointed out I could only change date once and after would be stopped payment .i said I haven’t asked for home visit and would come to them ,they replied that it was quicker for home visit.when she came my wife and daughter who’s very smart law degree welfare hostel boss ,going to court etc,put me in a safe space .although I had been extremely stressed I was not adding to it buy leaving home .when report came back I was under the impression that they must have got the wrong man.i went from higher rate mobility ,and medium rate care to 4 points mobility 4 Points care .result being all payments would stop end December.happy Christmas.this also included the wife’s careers payment .not only had I deteriorated over the last 11 years .but I have C.O.P.D. AND DIAEITBETIS CANT GO FOR APPEAL UNTILL MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION.all paperwork must be sent to them within a few weeks but could be 10 weeks before it’s looked at .then an expected wait of six or seven months with no income before you get your day in appeal . THEY SHOULD HAVE THERE SALARIES STOPED UNTILL CASE DONE .I REALLY THINK THE PEOPLE DOING THIS SHOULD LIVE IN OUR SHOES FOR A FEW WEEKS .WHY CANT WE HAVE A REP FIGHTING THIS OUTRAGEOUS FARSE. PS THE CASE TAKES SO LONG YOU MOBILITY CAR IS TAKEN BACK .THE SYSTEM IS DIFFICULT,DEGRADINGS .HOPE YOU HAVE BETTER LUCK MARK

The Parkinson’s pduk team picked up on my post and they asked for my ni number full name and contact dwp and within 1hr over turned the diciscion .I would phone pduk and ask them for ther help. Also when you sent documents to dwp it’s always good to send photos of all your medication and disabled aids round house ie crap rails, bathroom adaptions.

i was on DLA for several years after diagnosis in 06,in August 2019 was put on PIP and after face to face was downgraded from upper levels to standard, so car went back. Put in for reassessment, declined so put in an appeal, was informed that may take 44 weeks.
A week later was informed that the DWP had agreed to full higher level allowance and no hearing required. You have to ask why ?