Dla

oh my word if its backdated to the date i started the claim that was 4th september 2013  so nearly 6 months then

yes indeedy ,if you dont ,mind me asking what you  claiming .  pip ,esa support group

Hi Gus 

I`m not sure if that question is for me but I am claiming PIP.

Hi Shelly65,

Wow 6 months backdated, That will be nice but it would of been better if they had got your claim sorted properly. 6 months is a ridiculous amount of time to wait

Good Luck

Candysmile

thats ok candy ,yes pip will be back dated from when you applied for it. depending on which rate your get.it was all ways backdated on the old dla system.  reckon you could goggle it. are you working or on esa if on esa have you applied to go in support group extra 36 pound a week something like that

just had a look it sounds like the new pip is not back dated sorry! it was with dla,  if you been not working for 6 months how do you survive,bad

Hi Guys

i just phoned DWP  and was told PIP is backdated to the date you made the initial claim on the telephone and from the date you have your assessment it can take a further 6 weeks  to complete depending on how quick your assessor sends back the report to DWP

well my claim has taken 25 weeks so far  so  were looking at least another 6 to 8 weeks before it is finally sorted eek

Candy did you fill in and return Part 2 how your condition effects you ?

phone them for a update they will tell you if you are getting a assessment or not

does that mean your get back dated 6 months,if so thats great news are you on esa or do you work shelly65,if you dont have savings i do not know how people survive !

Yes gus  it is backdated to 4th september 2013, no not working im not on esa at minute i get income support  no savings and yes it is hard to survive  but i have two sons at home who help

Hi Shelly65,

Yes I have filled in the part 2 section of the form, I posted it on the 12th Jan so I got a long wait Ithink.sad face

its so i think that people with a true illness have got to wait so long and put under even ore stress about money when you got enough do deal with coping with a neurological illness maybe if the boot was on another foot it would be different. hope all goes well glad its back dated and i was wrong i knew dla was ,but not sure about pip.good luck .

its so bad.

Gus

i agree the process is far from easy, i know a few people who truly are swinging the lead and claiming to have problems they dont have and it is these that make it harder for genuine people i think the new system is more about saving money than making the system fairer

Candy

it depends on if they decide you need a assessment or not and which area you are in i know there are Atos and Capita  , its Capita in my area  , if you ring them they will tell you who the assessor is and if they say ypu need a assessment or not

hi shelly65.   there reassessing every one by 2016 so lets hope they sort out the real people from the scum !  sorry about that it makes me angry i went through it all,but had a real good pd support worker who filled out the forms so i did not  need a assessor.have you got one! they can attend your meeting with you.  

Hi folks,

I don`t have a social worker but I do have a CPN and she said she would come with me. I will phone and see if I need an assessment. In my area it is ATOS. Not sure what their reputation is like. 

I agree with you Gus, Because of a few trying it on they have made it more difficult for those in genuine need. 

They can`t say that PD is trying it on, Lets hope our assessors are human beings who have some knowledge of what we are facing.

Keep the faith guyssmile

Gus , Candy

i agree totally they are scum but at least we can hold our heads hight knowing we are genuine and not have to look over our shoulder, yes i have a  pd support worker it might be worth giving him a ring to see if he can come on the assessment day

not to sure about ATOS reputation Candy  but judging how long i have had to wait i do not have much faith in Capita

hi candy,  i had atos for my esa support group gave them all my paperwork and that was enough. who filled your paperwork in.

Hi Gus, Shelly65,

I filled in my own paperwork, But I told them what I am like on my worst days, I also sent them copy of my meds and the letter from my neuro confirming my diagnosis.

Shelly65, I would def see if your PD support worker can be with you for your assessment. As well as moral support they can give information on what life is like at present and what things may be like in the future. I am taking My CPN with me she has been reading up on PD and will be an advocate for me if I find the going hard. I think its rather unfair that we should be put through an assessment, Gp or neuro confirmation should be more than enough, They should realise that PD is a life sentence and that who in their right minds would make it up.sad face

Well,Well,Well,

Just seen on the news that ATOS HEALTHCARE are pulling the plug on their contract with DWP early because staff are getting death threats. I do not condone that but if they weren`t so incompetent and inconsistent they might of got on better, I heard of a case where a poor women who had just a few weeks to live with cancer was declared fit for work!!!!!. Lets hope the ones who replace ATOS actually know what they are doing.

interesting liked them! alright with me

i see g4s may bid for contract does that mean were get the army in,bet you girls go for home visits ! wink