Dvla

Thanks Gus.

silver spoon, that's given me some hope, I'm only 38 so hopefully the dvla will take pity -- I will let you all know once I receive their decision

cheers

another wee question --do DVLA send form to me or do I have to download forms for renewal ? and how long before renewal date do I need to process renewal

Cheers

they send them to you as detailed in earlier comment.

sorry gus -had missed that !

no worrys !  just gets a little hard writing sometimes smile

I'm licenced to drive a car and a motorcycle but I don't fancy venturing out on two wheels in today's traffic. I drive an automatic. It's great not having to think about changing gear.

yeh i changed to a auto aswell,no more riding the clutch with my dodge leg

Hi,

Lost my licence last year,dissociation episodes which come along with Borderline personality Disorder.When my 3 years came round again,they wrote to my doctor and that was that.Save money anyway now,having a car just eats up the money.

Titan

true but you've got to try and keep your independence still  gus

My hubby is on a year licence and is due in July for renewal. I would just like to say that when you get your licence back from DVLA check it thoroughly as when my hubby got his back from them they had sent out a provisional licence. We noticed this after he had drove on the motorways for a week.  When I rung them up and told them and said what would have happened if he got pulled up by the police he would have been prosecuted and she said " oh yes most certainly you should always check your licence". So drivers beware never trust them to get it right :)

Sue

ive been waiting since october to get mine back on a 3yr ,why is your husband on a 1yr licence sue

Mine is due in August so I suppose I am waiting for forms from DVLA --it took 3 months from when I first notified them of my PD to getting 3 yr one --need to keep independence safely

regards

jdj

Hi,

Just want to add some,perhaps useful information.In a recent edition of "The parkinson" mag.There was a section stating that those who have been turned down regarding their Driving licence on medical grounds.Can apply and receive a free Bus pass.So I applied a couple of weeks ago.Mine was psychological reasons,which is why i lost my licence.Just received my Bus pass today.Runs for 5 years.

All the best

Titan

you can get a free bus pass if your on high dla.I have one also still drive gus you can apply for these on line just print of form and provide proof of high dla,picture also think not sure it cost 5 pound and like titan said last 5yrs i also think if your really bad you can get one which allows another person to travel with you. 

Gus sorry I have just seen your reply. To that we would like to know. When we first got his 3yr one it was because the neurologist inadvertanly heard me say he had been  falling asleep but it was due to the painkillers he was taking after an operation on his back but everything was okay then so he ticked the form as falling asleep they revoked his licence straight away and after another form filling by the neurologist it came back for a one year . We have now received the paper work to fill in for the next one and my hubby is dreading what they will do which isn't helping his stress levels. He knows he will have to give up sooner or later but would like to carry on for a while longer as driving is the only thing that goes well for him :)

Sue

I'm still waiting to get mine back sent of for new 3yr in october ,this is the first time since having dbs opp, normally back in 3 months,phoned they said still dealing with it !

Have they issued you with a letter Gus to say you can still drive while they have your licence they gave my husband one in case he got stopped . They took a while with ours and as I said they even sent out a provisional one out so check it when it comes back make sure they got it right.

yep they sent a  letter, i asked my gp,nero,eye doctor and they all sent reports ages ago ! don't know whats taking them so long

They are a law unto themselves Gus.  It's stress you don't need. When they sent hubby a letter to say they were revoking his licence the first time it was dated 13th Feb and it was to be stopped the 17th feb. I rang them to tell them we had received the letter and did we have to just send his licence back she said yes but he stops driving from now. I said but we have his sisters funeral to go to this afternoon and she just said "Tough" because you have opened the letter it stops now so we had to get my Son out of work to take us for the 50mile trip. If I could have got my hand through that phone I would have dragged her through it. Thats what you get for trying to help them :)  Good Luck and I hope it comes through soon we are just sending our forms off again wonder when we will get the licence if we do

Sue

good luck sue and your husband..