Dvla

Thank you Gus I hope you get yours through soon. I have just sent the paperwork off for hubby so we shall wait and wait lol

Sue

Well finally the dvla have completed their assessments and have granted me  3 year renewable licence and have left my motorbike licence on there as well so happy days

That is good news about the motorbike eligibility

EF

Hi Harley Rider

Glad to hear dvla let you keep your bike licence as I've just notified them I've got pd, I am sweating on my bike licence as well and you keeping yours gives me a bit of hope I will keep mine :-)) ,I know it's not certain but some hope is better than none.

I've been hackin about on a 1500 fatboy 51 plate with screemin eagle slash cut pipes n a few other bits n pieces. Not the fastes thing in the world but very comfy n sounds really good lol

Also got a v four 1100 Honda custom that I'm going to trike if n when I get the time , though if my balance stays as it is I don't think I will ever get back on two wheels, so the trikes the way to go.

anyway live well n ride free.  Cc

thats great news! mine got revoked last thursday due to meds im taken now! hey no worrys got my bus pass,me & my wife worked it out 2500 pounds to do 150 miles ,thats 250 month mobility.could have hired a private driver.

Thanks for the support, Cheshire Cat I know exactly what you're going through so fingers crossed for you, took nearly 4 months for mine to get sorted so hang in there.

Riding a new 2014 ultra limited at  minute with plenty of tours being planned now whilst I can

Ride safe HR 

O wow I hope I get mine back quicker than that :-((. Just gone back to work n my apprentice is ferrying me about for now will be shot when he's at collage! 

Like your ride sounds real good , bin collecting for the trike for a couple of years n got most of it now ,got a BMW mini super charger n 45 webber to go on it ,bin thinking about nox but that might be a step to far, also thought about scorpion style. 2 wheels up front    Will handle better lol especially as I'm aiming for 150 brake out of it lol   Bin building bikes n trikes since 70s so don a few lol . 

Anyway live well ride free. Cc

CC - I'm certain I didn't have to surrender my original licence until *after* I'd been offered a restricted one. Have you been told categorically that you're not allowed to drive? Or have you just filled in the forms and sent them to DVLA?

Semele

Hi Semele

Been told by Nuro dr and gp I'm not fit to drive until dvla have assessed me so gota go with that I guess :-((

Hi All,

When I was dx at age 69, I had to send my licence in but that might have been because it coincided with the imminent start of the three year licences you get post  70 years of age anyway.  Anyway my understanding is that you are fit to drive until such time as they judge you unfit.  If they have your unexpired licence you can apply for a covering letter if you need to show  you are licensed to drive.  It may be that the neuro and GP have expressed serious doubts but I have read on this forum where the GP said, quite wrongy, that upon dx. you are immediately in the position of having to prove you can drive. Might be worth a phone call to the DVLC to make sure of the facts in your case.  

When my husband was told he couldn't drive revoked in other words he had to send his licence back and they arranged for him to have a driving assessment with a provisional licence. They sent a letter out which said he could drive until the 17th Feb and then send his full licence back  but because I rang them up to see when we had to send his licence back they said he had to stop there and then because he had opened the letter on the 12th Feb ! He had the assessment a couple of months after to which they send a provisional licence for him to do this and they then issued him with a 12mth licence a couple of months after that they inadvertantly send him out a provisional one . One which we never checked and he was driving along the motorway a week after and it was only when I went to look at his photo I realised what they had done so please check everything they send to you. They told us if he had got stopped it would have been our fault for not checking and we would have had to accept the points and fines. We are now in the process of having to await the outcome of his 12mth review . His licence runs out this month and they have sent a covering letter allowing him to drive while they come to a decision.  They do tend to take their time over this so be prepared to wait months. We have been on with this since May.