Eye Lids

Hi, I wonder if anyone out there has problems with their eye lids? My left eye lid droops. It is not too bad first thing in the morning but by the evening, it is drooping quite badly. Sometimes I don’t realise it has actually shut.

Is there anything I can do to help alleviate this. My fear is, as with my back condition, that it is left far too late to do anything to help stop its progression. I have Camptocopia (not sure of the spelling) - which is Parkinson related whereby I stoop badly almost now at a 45 deg angle and very painful as muscles cramp trying to fight my brain telling my muscles to bend forward.

Thanks for any help.

Hi @Eve1,

I’m really sorry to hear about your issues with your eyelids. There has already been a lot discussion on the forum about this from other members who have experienced similar symptoms which you may find useful. You can find these threads here Unable to keep eyes open and CONSTANT CLOSING OF Eyes CAUSED BY PARKINSONS.

We also have more information on different eye problems associated with Parkinson’s which can you find via our website here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/eye-problems.

I hope you find this information helpful but if you need further support on this, please give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303 or email us at [email protected].

Best wishes,
Reah

Thank you Reah for your help. I go to Bridge4 on Monday’s and Thursday’s. It is an hour long class for people with PD and the physio (JD) who takes the course has also found me information on my eyelid problem. I have as yet to sit and read it.

I have received a copy of the letter the Neurologist sent to my GP. Just basic outline telling the GP about my change in medication.

My stoop is getting a lot, lot worse. I get out of bed in the morning and for around 2 minuets its not too bad then, start to get dressed and whoosh, I seem to drop forward and there I am looking at my toes! Have noticed sometimes (not every), as I pull myself up I have ‘warm glow’ similar to a menopause flush - just for a few seconds which concerns me somewhat.
Thank you once more for your help. You and your colleagues are so very helpful. Oh by the way, the neurologist hasn’t, as yet, sent me another appointment. I used to think this neurologist was the best. Hmmm you live and learn. Thank you again.

Hi @Eve1,

You’re welcome, I’m happy to help. Postural problems is something that affects many people with Parkinson’s, a topic we’ve covered on our blog which you can find here - https://medium.com/parkinsons-uk/whats-it-like-to-live-with-postural-problems-3e5d3213a987.

With regard to your neurologist appointment; these things can take time, however, if this goes on for too long, I’d encourage you to chase this up with your GP.

Best wishes,
Reah

Thank you, I have made an appointment with my GP - end of August is the first available time. Will also chase PD Nurse as I emailed her 2 weeks ago and have’t heard from her.

1 Like