Had Enough

New on here. I’ve really come to the end of my theather. On top of The Parkinsons I have some frontal lobe damage, a heart condition and now find out I am having TIAs. It’s Friday night my pension is late and I am at the point of just giving up. I hate this desease so much. In a wheelchair now.

Hi Chippy63, welcome to the forum. You’re sure to find a lot of help and advice here from our warm and welcoming community.

Sorry to hear you’ve got so much on your plate at the moment, it sounds like a very difficult situation for you. Our website has lots of information on the different kinds of support available to you, which you can find here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/support-you

You might also like to try contacting our Helpline, as they’re able to offer professional, tailored advice on a wide range of issues. You can reach them via email at [email protected], or call free on 0808 800 0303. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm, and on Saturday from 10am-2pm.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Owen,
Moderation Team

Hello Chippy63
What a lot you have on your plate, hardly a surprise you feel as you do and you are fully entitled to. I won’t insult your intelligence by saying it will pass because I am not you, I emphasise but only you know how you feel. I do hope just sounding off here helped a bit and ask you just hang on in there just now. I see you posted 2 hours ago it is now 3.55 am. Everything does seem so much worse at night or in the early hours. I can’t change your health situation but hopefully your pension will arrive and with one thing going right maybe other stuff will be more bearable when daylight comes. Us Parkies and Parkies Plus (ie have additional health issues) will do what we can to support you. You are worth more than your health problems you can get thróugh this bad patch. From one Parkie Plus to another!!

Hi there Chippy63, Have you tried looking for local Parky clubs? They might be able to help. Chin up Chippy spring is on it’s way and we can all look forward those lovely blue skies again. Keep in touch I’ll look in every few days just . All the best.

Skylark1
25m
Real person here Chippy. You are feeling down today, but that is not forever. There are still good things to experience - though today that may feel distant. You are best to consult your GP as you may need the help of medication to help you feel better.
I have a strong faith in Jesus and will be praying for you. Also I meet with group to pray for people on Saturday and if you let me know we can pray for any needs you have. I believe Jesus loves you very much. He is my best friend and will be yours if you ask him!

Difficult to know how to respond to you Chippy except to say I admire your bravery in coming on the forum and telling it like it is, and having a glimmer of hope that things could get better, though from where you find yourself that must look almost impossible. Reaching out to others, even if it feels like groping in the dark , can be a lifesaver, even when you think it is not going to do any good and not going to materially change your situation.
As a book addict I have a bad habit of quoting things I have read, or suggesting books. I think might be helpful, but I will restrain from that now, except to say that reading stuff can help to change one’s mindset , either because it makes us think about things in a different way, or because it gets us out of our heads and into a different place…maybe that sounds like escapism or avoidance or denial , but when life is feeling s***, there is something to be said for all those things.
Pippa

Dear Chippy63 I hope you’re coping ok. Please keep fighting . Karen x

Shake hands, I’m feeling the same, what’s the point in patching up a worn out machine? however, I am trying so hard. to think positive and waiting for. 8am so I can take the next pill. so we really have to stick to the time regime?

Hi Chippy63, It’s me again, how are you? Did you look into finding a local Parkie club? Please Do keep up with your posting as it is worrying not to hearing from you knowing that you felt (feel) so poorly.
Chin up hope to hear from you
Keepbuzzing1

1 Like

I know what you mean when you say you have had enough. I just got out of hospital after a week of sh allow fast breathing, nausea and dehydration left me wishing I wanted it all to end. Particularly when a nurse left me on the floor when I fell. My meds were late. However my family stood strong and got !e the care I nee dad and I met a new tranquil will look after me from now on. The crisis was brought on by being suddenly removed from a particular medication. I can’t understand why such uncaring individuals work in a caring profession.

I’m really sorry to hear what you’ve been through recently, juju, it sounds like a very tough time you’ve had. I’m so pleased that your family was able to support you and get the care that you need.

If you do ever need to chat to someone, please do give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303, they’re available from Monday to Friday: 9am-6pm, and Saturday: 10am-2pm.

Best wishes to you,
Min
Moderation team.

1 Like