Hello from West Australia

I am 71 yr old male and was diagnosed last week. Still in early stages and not yet on treatment. Interested in chatting with other people who might be able to enlighten me on what might lie ahead.
Good day/night to you PADDY and welcome there are many many here will answer your questions.

Radz x
Hi there

Welcome to the forum. It's a good place to be for info and support

What town are you from?

Chris
Hello and welcome Paddyone, I'm pretty sure that as a newly diagnosed pwp you will have many questions. If this is the case you have come to the right place, there are many people on the forum that have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the many facets of PD, be they carers or 'customers'.

I myself have been dx for almost 10 years and worked full time until 4 years ago when I retired due to my condition worsening. You will meet many people here that are all at different stages of pd, so if you have any questions or queries please ask and somebody can usually offer an answer.

I hope to see you around the forum.

Glenchass
Hello Paddy, I just joined yesterday and was diagnosed last year, Everyone on this site is very helpful, I'm still a bit shy but I don't think it'll take me too long to come out of my shell! I'm 51,female and my son and his friend stay with me (his pal was homeless)....from nene
G'day Paddyone. Being diagnosed with PD is rather like being kicked in the teeth.
I felt as if all my plans for an enjoyable retirement had come to naught. However, my feelings have changed over the last 3 years and I am now much more bullish in my outlook. No one really knows what the future holds so just take it one day at a time. Like the song says,"Eliminate the negative,accentuate the positive"
Hi PaddyOne,

Welcome to the forum! Are you in Perth or Freo or out of the city? I am in the Gong but work in Sin City (takes me two hours by train to get there - 70km :imp: ).

It's good news that you don't have to take meds yet. What symptoms do you have? Are they bothering you? As they say, keep doing what you are doing (unless you aren't exercising :grin:) and if you do exercise, exercise more!

Best wishes,
rico
Hi Paddy and welcome to the forum. I hope that you find it as friendly, funny and as supportive as I have. Pop into the Cafe for a chat and a cuppa some time.
hiya paddy ,hows u doin:smile:wecome to the forum ,there lots of freindly people on here with good surport for one another:smile:im ali i bin dx 10 years im 42,i remember back when i was told by my neuro i had pd i was shocked ,but did not no really wot it was ,this forum has bin the life line for me ,it has taught me so muce about pd,and im sure there is somuch more i need to as well in the futre,for now i think it best to take alook around some of the threads,pop in the cafe alot of us hang out there for a chat and a cuppa,all freindly bunch there,and i hope to see u round the forum and i hope it will give u some comfort and nolage u require x :smile:
Hi Paddyone

welcome to the forum. I was only diagnosed in March so am still getting used to the idea.
Hope you enjoy the site and find all the support and information you need

Caroline
Hi Nene i was dx in jan this year and i am still a bit shy about writing on the forum.Take care Chris
Many thanks for all the encouraging replys. I live in Perth, well actually in a suburb called, dont laugh, Innaloo. Someone once wrote to me and addressed the letter to Innaloop, so I wrote back that there was no pee in the loo. I originally hail from Northern Ireland but been in Perth now since 1968. Regard myself now as Aussie. Many thanks all.
hiya nene as welcome to the forum:smile:im ali bin dx 10 years im 42,there are people on here that are good friends and give alot of good surport,hope to see u around the forum x:smile:
hi paddy and welcome to the forum, if you need advise want a chat we are all here for you. sue.
Hi Paddy
was in Perth last week or so and had a very nice time at Tom's Kitchen -do you know it? Was very welcoming to an exhausted family. Am now in NSW. There are a few australians on this site as you may know.http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/pdsforum/posts.aspx?forum=meet-and-greet&topic=hello-from-australia
doesnt seem to be an equivalent in australia.
cheers
Hiya Turnip,

You are English right? Whereabouts in NSW are you. not in Sin City I hope. :fearful:

Anyhow, does this weather make you feel like being back home?

All the best,
rico
hi Rico
i was born in scotland and am living in the lovely but lofty town of Armidale.
the children were paddling in sydney last week (after fish and chips at doyles in watson's bay), much to the amusement of the locals. chilly recently but dry, quite nice really.
have been amazed by a) the friendliness of most people b) the fact that everyone knows everyone else. not the same of course in a big town.
hoping to go to coffs harbour in august for a swim. not cold compared to swiming in the north sea in august!
cheers
Hi Paddyone and Rico,

Andy here, 50 yo diagnosed for 9 years. Living on Central Coast NSW, but work in Sydney. 1 hour and 45 mins by train!:frowning: Had Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) surgery last year and haven't looked back!:grin: Welcome to the forum.
Hi Turnip,

Glad to see you made it safe and sound.

Andy
Hi Andy
after many adventures and tribulations, some of our making, and a lot of fun.
very pleased to be here. (or should i say there?)
10 minute drive to anywhere :grin:

thanks again for the help
still tackling banks, phones, medicare etc etc etc