Hello I am new

Thanks Sue, mine has been really quick from 1st app at neurology for Carpal tunnel in Nov when she recognised I had a weak L side to telling me at the next app in March....I had no idea, my tremor is very slight and I don't think I will be on any meds for a while yet

Lynne xx

you must contact dvla and when my husband told dvla, he got a 3 year licence, so not the end of it at all. but it all depends on various illnesses and how long. Simple form, just add gp address and neurologist or pd nurse contact info, they contact them and find out what stage you are at

i was told i had pd, three weeks ago, i have noticed already that its getting harder to sign my signature and write with my biro, is this normal ?

Yes Pog i'm afraid it is, but the meds (if you have been prescribed any at this moment in time) will make a small difference. Once you have been given meds that suit you, they should make a difference with most parkinson symptoms you have

All the best - Sheila

Thank You. x

Hi Pog

how's it going hope your still managing to drive  .  Aw well good luck hope med gets things sorted all the best 

Ian 

Hi Ian just popped in after a few weeks break from PD forum, shows I am less stressed and getting on with life...living each day and trying not to think of the future!!

Will be back but probably not til after my neurology appointment at the end of July. I will have a lot of questions to ask then!!

Take care

Lynne x

Hey well hello there na na ! 

Nice to hear from you and you sound so happy that's the stuff you keep it up girl. I go to see neuro on Tuesday  , very boring eh . Whatever keep living the dream Lynne all the best for July 

kindest regards Ian xx

Hello to you all above

I am sat here in my living room with sunshine coming through feeling a huge relief and weight off my shoulders. If i may indulge myself and let it all out, well i am going to anyway even if its to justify what i have done to myself.

I gave notice yesterday  to a job that i have done for 22yrs and although should feel very scary and final, i feel good! Looking back over the past 8 months i have gradually lost myself to this PD. Not going to Exercise classes which i did around 6 a week, not going out, putting weight on and generally falling asleep whenever i stopped.

My husband is a self employed plumber so works extremely hard and although does his fair share around the home he doesnt need to be awake all hours taking care of things that i am more than capable of doing, if only i could stay awake long enough to do them. My children have grown up but not settled so keep coming back , your door is always open to your family whatever age,and there is my mum, always been fit and healthy, walks for miles with her dog and lives on her own only a mile from me. She has started to be very forgetful in fact very forgetful and very vague when talking to her. There are all these people around me , all my family who need each other.

Maybe with leaving work i can concentrate on me more so in turn i can be there for them.

My husband said that it was an excellent idea because whilst i am taking Pramipexole i have a slight urge to buy cushions and shoes! well possibly more than a slight urge. You won't be able to keep doing that he said as we will have to tighten our belts. ( he hates scatter cushions) waste of time he says.ha ha.

Putting my thoughts down on here has made it feel right and i realise i have done the right thing..I am going now to make myself into a middle aged athlete (she is in there somewhere) lol

Barnowl1

Hello barny 

well  done !! Am proud of you mind and keep a smile , you will have more time to check on mother now and  then . Don't rush anything as you know it just makes us parkys worse .its good you have family even though ours are grown up and pests sometimes there always the kids in our eyes . Hubbys right I hate cushions too ,  but shoes well !! That's a woman thing I think my wife should have been a centipede  ha ha !!! Well I have to go for now Rachel you take care and enjoy this new chapter of your life 

all the best Ian xx

Ian you are a card!  centipede yes i relate now thats had my husband in stitches. funny guy x

Rachel

Barnowl

Well done for taking the step. My hubby manages most days to stay awake until lunch then with a full belly he sleeps for an hour. On bad days he has another snooze after breakfast too.

He is lucky he works for himself so has not got to answer to anyone.

Good luck. As for your mum, ask the GP to give her a dementia test? My mother in law had one done just a few months ago. She is very vague and keeps repeating herself and has retreated back to her childhood days.

Ive been on holiday to Menorca, nice and hot, but the right hand shake is getting worse, i am not on meds yet, next appointment on the 15th june, we shall see what happens, nothing from the DVLA either. Ah well, going to watch the darts and drink some hob gobblin beer. bye for now.....

Be aright dina worry they will no bother you , mighty Mike is good entertainment I think , take it easy Pog keep us posted  I  meant the dvla when I said they won't bother you  tooralooo

ian

My writing has gone weird ! It keeps getting smaller and sometimes I stop in the middle of a word. Any one know why please.

All to do with the Parkinson's I'm afraid. Happens to most of us:(

Aye it's like we run oot o steam it's sh

ok thank you, another excuse to drink more hobgoblin beer.....

Hi Pog

I was diagnosed with PD last October, it was a shock and I felt scared, I thought that my life was over, I have a great husband and a good marriage, but I came home and said if you want to leave then I understand, I get waves of panic and fear when I think about the future. 

You sound like you are a fighter, and that is a good start.

I joined the forum a couple of weeks ago, and when I first looked at the PD website, I read an article where the Gentleman wrote " I have Parkinson's Disease, it has not got me", I have never forget that saying and when I am down, I say that to myself.

All different thoughts go through your head, but stay strong and when you feel down, log on and have a chat. 

All the best to you and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Beatrice x

Jesus Beatrice 

calm down your poor husband , he must have got a shock when you came out with that one your still the same person he. Married, , iam The same as you we all are well with slight variations you tell Pog to stay strong please do the same and you will be just fine after all we have a lot of life in us. Yet !!  Stay in touch and try to enjoy yourself all the best 

Ian xx