Hello I am new

I drink martini's, shaken not stirred, but then every drink I make is shaken now. ha ha ha ha......

The first ever suicide bomber was a man with PD holding a can of coke .

your turn 

I think we do change to a certain extent with parkinsons, we have a slightly different outlook on life, and of course the medication we take changes your personality slightly, sometimes without realising till someone points it out to you. Keep smiling through.........

Sheila xx 

I agree with you Shefinn, the medication can change you, my husband is having a bad time with the tremour in his legs, he walks around in the night, so during the day he sleeps alot.

Sue

Hi,

You are right, I am still the same person and that is exactly what he said, he asked what would I have done if it was him that had been diagnosed with PD, would I have run, and of course I said no.

I am in a better place now and realise that it was a silly thing to say, but I just thought at the time, that he deserved a better future rather than having to look after me, however, now I know that having PD does not mean game over.

(thank you for taking the time to reply to my post)

Regards

Beatrice

Well Beatrice 

your sounding a bit better now and that's good , aye your right it's not game over its game on , if your ever feeling down speak to us lot and we will cheer you up , or we will get your hubby to kick your  backside ,you take care. Beaty

ian xx

Hi

I am not sure really if i'm in the right place but this is my first post.  I care for my father who was diagnosed with PD 15 years ago.  He has coped amazingly in the past but during the last couple of years things have become much more difficult. 

Is there anyone out there with experience of dealing with advanced PD

Many Thanks

Jan

Hello jan and flo - try phoning the helpline on 0808 800 0303 or contact your fathers parkinsons nurse, she or the helpline i'm sure will give you some advice

Regards Sheila

We had a good Parkinsons nurse who unfortunately, retired at the end of March and we have not heard anything from anyone since, I know when she left there wasn't a replacement in place.  I'll try the helpline and ring the neurology department as some of his symptoms are becoming distressing to him and to my mum (both 85) and I feel out of my depth.

Thanks for repling

Jan

Hello Jan - I know it can be very distressing, so it would be best to ask for some professional help which unfortunately is something I cannot give. The lack of parkinsons nurses seems to be a problem countrywide, there are no replacements for those of them that retire, which is a bad thing.

Hope you get some advice and support from those you will be contacting and I wish all the best

Sheila x 

Hi

Since my last post i have had cause to have my dad's gp out for a home visit and he has helped me to secure a nurse appointment on 5th July with a Parkinson's nurse would've had to wait til September to see a consultant but at least we'll have a point of contact going forward.

Many Thanks

Jan

Hello All,  I've been hiding for a while. 

I was told I had PD in April. Now I am getting shooting pains up and down my legs and feet, inside the bones, I cannot get up off the floor etc without pulling myself up by the settee armrests and there is no strength in my knees at all. Does anyone know if this is normal in PD. I don't want to bother the doctor if I can help it. Thank You.  :-(

Hi Pog,

Sorry to hear you're having these painful symptoms. It would be good to visit your doctor but, meanwhile, do feel free to call our Helpline for advice on 0808 800 0303. Our advisers will be happy to talk to you about symptoms and treatments.

We're open from Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, and Saturday: 10am-2pm.

Hope this helps,

Edwina

Moderation Team

Thank You. x

Bloody stupid Parkinson's.

My legs hurt.

Try and chill chill dude 

ian