Hello PUK … from Shaken But Not Stirred

Hello potter64130,

I have no intention of remarking on the previous posts as I think you all have enough to cope with without bad feeling.
I would like to just say to you that my husband was diagnosed in his thirties and is now 69 years old. We have been through the early onset stage and through all the different changes to our lives and now we have entered the later stages. What you say about the older people in your group is the norm really as pwp's with early onset pd are very different to their later diagnosed pwp' and the whole situation is very different.
It is well recognized by the many professionals that they are almost two different conditions, but there will always be a overlap as everyone is different in their progression.
The very fact of the differences in the two groups and early onset pwp's taking medication over many more years brings more complications which is the situation with my husband now.
Looking to the future the younger onset pwp's can now be more hopeful that advances in research and the use of stem cells will bring much better treatment and a better quality of life.
To me the best action for all pwp's and especially the early onset ones is to keep involved and question everything as that is what will help advance changes needed not only with medication but also getting the understanding of pd across the whole medical world. That's where I try to turn a negative to a positive rather than dwell on the fact we have lost most of our lives to PD, dwelling on the loss is too painful and would not change anything.
I hope that I have not offended anyone, most of the previous posts go over my head I am afraid although I do understand everyone's points.
best wishes to you all,
vivian
Thank you Vivian for your sensible post. It had never occurured to me that early onset pd might be considered as a different condition to that diagnosed later in life.

May I suggest that football chants are more appropriately confined to supporters in football grounds? Or would that be considered censorship?
Thank you Annebernadette, for you kind words,

I think in life we all need to try and remember, and put ourselves in the position of how we felt when we were young and the same applies to when we first had pd in our lives. How are we to help and share with other people if we don't, the purpose should always be to inform and hope that people will take it as it is intended which is to help people not to have to go through some of the problems we have been through. Living with a long term condition especially complicated ones is exhausting enough for me, dealing with my husbands lost dentures in the home for the third time in as many months and getting stressful phone calls one after another in two hours puts everything in to perspective, trivial as that may sound, but all that energy I had seems to have got up and flown away, you can't hold back on time so make the most of it.
best wishes
vivian
Sounds like very good advice.
ElleMac , I would guess that your favourite number is both 7 (octal system) and 111 (binary system)?
Yes, that's right, annebernadette. I can manage up to 7, maybe evev 100, but beyond that & I start to come unstuck! How did this subject crop up?! Best wishes. EM
Wow, I had given up on PUK, so much negativity, intact trying to be positive was a no no... Glad someone else is having a go, I tried, but best will in the world its an up hill struggle to be positve with the doom merchents about. I have just doing positive stuff since gave up here, a couple of challenging long drives, stage rallies, and I'm quicker now than previous.

Good luck positive people. It's a warout there and we can win!

Craa