How to use the forum - Tutorial videos!

Hello members!

I hope all is well. :grinning:

In light of some feedback we received about the forum which was updated in January 2018, we have decided to create three short video tutorials to help you use the forum with more confidence and so you can get the most out of the forum. Please see the videos below.

Categories and Threads

Your Account

Sending Private Messages

If you have any questions or feedback, please email [email protected]

Best wishes,
Reah

The links to the videos don’t seem to be working and I have not been able to follow the Bot guide. Please help.

Hi Eli,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing issues with navigating the forum. There is clearly an issue with the videos; thank you for flagging this for my attention, I will look into this immediately.

In the meantime, please let me know exactly what you’re having issues with and I will assist as best as I can.

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Admin

Hi Reah, Thank you for responding so quickly. The top level of navigation seems to disappear on some pages but I seem to have ‘stumbled’ onto a method of getting there, so gradually, by trial and error I’m finding my way around.

Initially, though it would help if you could tell me how to post a message in the Introduction category so I can write a bit about myself?

Is there a guide anywhere that you can point me to?

PS I’m not neuro-typical (Aspergers - but very bright) so logical help would be best. :blush:

Hi @Eli,

No worries at - we welcome all people along the neurodivergent spectrum. :blush:

I’m glad you’re getting a hang of the forum - you can post in the ‘About section’ HERE and click on the ‘New Topic’ button at the right hand side of the screen.

You can find all the main categories and sub-categories on the forum homepage. I’ve included a screenshot below:

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hello Eli
Try this:
Click on the three bars top right of the page
When it opens click on New
Then click on New Topic on right hand side of the page. A box will come up in which you can type the title of your post than press tab to move to the next box - categories and use the drop down to select where you want your post to go.
Tab to move cursor to the main box and type your post
Click on create post

I’m not sure if this is the official way of doing it but if you want to create a brand new topic which I think is what you are trying to do as you are introducing yourself, this will get the job done.
You are not alone in finding the forum challenging to navigate, there are quite a few of us who have the same problem. Hopefully you will now be able to post your introduction and I look forward to replying to fornally welcome you to the forum. Good luck.
Tot