Individual posts

hi Tina,

With the greatest of respect if you have PD, you should not have to become a fully paid up member of the "PDS club" before your entitled to an opinion on what its future plans are or be allowed to comment on aspects of the service it provides for PwP? After all by my understanding the PDS is a charity which is there to help all PwP and not some sort of exclusive club?

Regarding your statement that we should give Steve Ford a break? I don't believe anyone including me on this thread is suggesting that Steve is not hard working and a honourable man who has the best of intentions towards helping people with PD. However I'm sure even Steve would agree when your being rewarded over £120,000 a year to do a very big job, then sometimes you have take on board criticism and deal with it!
Yes I know I was being hopeful more than realistic. The mod was quick enough to enter our debate the other day with a pageful of companyspeak, but then silence, and no replies to genuine queries like yours. Talking of Hitler....
Hello Everyone,

I am a grad student of design in Chicago. Inspired by my late grandfather and uncle who both had Parkinson's, I am working on my thesis that tackles design for PD.

If anyone with Parkinson's in interested in responding, I'm wondering if there are any places, activities, or situations that are less enjoyable or that even make you miserable or embarrassed now that Parkinson's is a part of your life.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Amy
I recently contributed a post under "New Look PDS" explaining why I had decided not to take part in that particular thread any more. However it seems to have been deleted, so I will be returning there.

In an attempt to convince the media that we're all in perfect harmony, the promised all-party formal meeting on 10th March was reduced to a simple presentation.

In the lead-up to the rebranding our opinions are being ignored and postings deleted/edited all over the place.

What is the matter with these people? And why do they keep deleting THIS post? It's not exactly subversive! I'm getting fed up with having to re-post it every time they delete it.

Merve.
rhubarb
Cider please.
What do you recommend?
Election time, what do we reckon?
No reason why they can't, Benji, the technology is there. I guess they have other priorities.
lingerie
Pierce Brosnan
Hi everyone
Post removed.
Yes, the other site is PD Junction, set up by one individual (Jacqui Cooke), on a non-profit basis. Jacqui is known on THIS forum as "cutiepie", and on her own forum simply as "Jacqui". She can be emailed via:

markjackie AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk

She has recently, however, also started ejecting members from HER forum without giving a reason. She's a close friend of the PDS Chief Exec Steve Ford, and knows the PDS forum moderators well.

Perhaps not surprisingly, when the CE had his "members' phone-in" recently - which hundreds of members unseccessfully tried to get through to - Jacqui was one of the FOUR members who DID get through successfully.

Now what are the chances of that?
Post removed.
Post removed.
Seems like everyone's gone to PD Junction. PD-J has been set up by one individual (Jacqui Cooke), on a non-profit basis. Jacqui is known on THIS forum as "cutiepie", and on her own forum simply as "Jacqui". She can be emailed via:

markjackie AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk

She has recently, however, also started ejecting members from HER forum without giving a reason. Mind you she's a close friend of the PDS Chief Exec Steve Ford, and knows the PDS forum moderators well, so perhaps there may be a link.....?

Also unsurprising perhaps, is the fact that when the CE had his "members' phone-in" recently - which hundreds of members unseccessfully tried to get through to - Jacqui was one of the FOUR members who DID get through successfully.

I need a drink - I've just had an amazing tongue-lashing from Jacqui!

Jacqui (Cooke) runs the PD Junction forum, and is known on THIS forum as "cutiepie". On her own forum she's known simply as "Jacqui".

She can be emailed via: markjackie AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk

She has recently, however, also started ejecting members from HER forum without giving a reason. Mind you she's a close friend of the PDS Chief Exec Steve Ford, and also knows the PDS forum moderators very well, so perhaps there might be a link.....?

Also unsurprising perhaps is the fact that when the CE had his "members' phone-in" fiasco recently - which hundreds of members unseccessfully tried to get through to - Jacqui was one of the FOUR members who DID get through successfully.

Anyway, she disabled my ID without giving a reason, so I asked her why. She started off politely, but still didn't give a reason, so I pushed her a bit and she got aggressive. Still no reason, though, so I asked again.

At this point she lost her temper and the REAL Jacqui spewed forth with a string of invective the likes of which I hadn't seen or heard for several decades. Naturally she did all this via "instant messaging" so there wouldn't be any record kept, but I didn't know you could fit so many "F" and "C" words in one sentence. Not to mention some utterly vile and very personal abuse of a very private nature drawn from her knowledge of my dopamine agonist past which I confided to her last year.

Not a very responsible or pleasant way for a relatively young woman to behave towards a much older male PD sufferer who is bed-bound most of the time.

Beware, folks, and keep your secrets to yourself. I know much about Jacqui too, but I wouldn't drag it out in an argument.
Strong black coffee, please, I need it! I've just had an amazing tongue-lashing from Jacqui!

Jacqui (Cooke) runs the PD Junction forum, and is known on THIS forum as "cutiepie". On her own forum she's known simply as "Jacqui". She can be emailed via: markjackie AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk .

She has recently, however, also started ejecting members from HER forum without giving a reason. Mind you she's a close friend of the PDS Chief Exec Steve Ford, and also knows the PDS forum moderators very well, so perhaps there might be a link.....?

Also unsurprising perhaps is the fact that when the CE had his "members' phone-in" fiasco recently - which hundreds of members unseccessfully tried to get through to - Jacqui was one of the FOUR members who DID get through successfully. Now what are the chances of that?

Anyway, she disabled my ID without giving a reason, so I asked her why. She started off politely, but still didn't give a reason, so I pushed her a bit and she got aggressive. Still no reason, though, so I asked again.

At this point she lost her temper and the REAL Jacqui spewed forth with a string of invective the likes of which I hadn't seen or heard for several decades. Naturally she did all this via "instant messaging" so there wouldn't be any record kept, but I didn't know you could fit so many "F" and "C" words in one sentence. Not to mention some utterly vile and very personal abuse of a very private nature drawn from her knowledge of my dopamine agonist past which I confided to her last year.

Not a very responsible or pleasant way for a relatively young woman to behave towards a much older male PD sufferer who is bed-bound most of the time.

Beware, folks, and keep your secrets to yourself. I know much about Jacqui too, but I wouldn't drag it out in an argument.
Post removed.