Insomnia

Good morning all musketeers hope you all well.

Tommy :pill:

Good Morning all.

Well this morning we have snow canā€™t quite believe it but its still coming down.

Well this Friday I get my op on my hand. Donā€™t know how Iā€™m going to manage. So that will be me unable to walk and use my arm.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Babsx

Morning Babswood
Is it one day surgery on Friday.?

Oh and itā€™s sunny but a little windy here.

Tommy :pill: :pill:

Morning all wet and windy here (sounds like an Indian takeaway name) lol hope you are all well watching lfc for few hrs will catch up after game regards from mam
Pete and mam

Morning. Gales here but only snow inland. Back in Lossiemouth where I can at least breathe. Lovely to be back to the garden, after 26 years in the same house one of the advantages is being able to see it mature. We planted quite a few trees and are now having to consider lopping off some branches. When I get the hang of it I shall post some piccies. If any of you ever make it this far I fully expect a drop-in.

Hi Tommy yes itā€™s day surgery but can also be kept in. Hoping not.

Got a nice text From Keith seems to be doing well.

Did your poem get read out last night.

I missed some of the show. Being trying to find it but unable so going to ask JP for the link.

Hope you are okay Tommy x x x

Hi Tommy I heard your requests and my poem could not believe it. Cheers x x

Hi Babswood
You were meant to hear that last night .
But glad you have now.
I did think you had missed the show but I wasnā€™t disappointed or anything else .
Only hoped that you were having some good sleep.

Glad you liked my other poem .
TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY.
I was pondering that one for a wee while .
As it was about me talking to myself and maybe a little weird.
But however as the kids say .
Itā€™s gone viral.
It has two likes now LOL
Tommy :pill::pill::pill:

Anybody been to a neuropsychologist .
What do they do?

Iā€™ve got two appointments in April .
One Neurologist and the other a neuropsychologist.
Iā€™ve spelt that twice so what could possibly be wrong eh?

Hi Tommy, babs, Keith, Mrs T, Roy and Lesley got to apologise missed radio last night was trying to remove some fish as I thought virus re appeared just finished emptying tank calling it a day canā€™t face starting again for 3rd time anyway I can now spend more time with my fav people
Pete and mam

Good morning all musketeers
Peter sorry about your hobby
Iā€™m sure youā€™ll make the right decision for you.
Without me putting my oar in.

Babswood thanks for the like ( viral) I tell you.
Hope Friday isnā€™t bothering you too much.
Good luck pal.

Roy and Lesley hope youā€™re ok after all the celebrations.

Mrs t hope youā€™re good today.
Iā€™ll be landing at RAF Lossiemouth soon ā€¦ No aeroplane just me .HaHa.

Kieth hope you are doing well .
I was hoping to play marbles today but I seem to have lost them.

Regards to my favourite girl.

1 Like

Hi been a strangely quiet day hope everything is OK with you all after taking mam to town decided to set up 12 litre tank and keep half a dozen of my favourite fish (blue neons) really easy to clean and much less stress so fingers crossed really wet and windy here looks like rough night we are both ok catch you all tomorrow
Pete and mam

Morning all.

Well Friday is getting. Closerā€¦ Oh no.

Having a lazy day today. So I will be about.

Hoping that you all have a good day whatever you are doing. X

Morning Babswood and all musketeers.
Babswood I hope Friday is the success you are hoping for.

QUESTION.
I have been invited to take part in a new test unfortunately for us not for PD.
But for cancer research.
It involves something called
" Cystosponge"
Itā€™s to develop an early test for BARRETTā€™S OESOPHAGUS
AND COULD BE AN INDICATION OF EARLY OESOPHAGEAL CANCER.
The dilemma I have is it involves swallowing a capsule containing a sponge attached to a string.
Which is then pulled out and tested.
Being that my own father died of this disease and Iā€™m sure most of you have come across someone with the voice box removed and are aware that by this time itā€™s usually too late and doesnā€™t buy them much time.
So to my point .
Should I take this opportunity to help further this cause and possibly make detection easier.
Or should I think of myself and the few moments of gagging as they retrieve the sponge and the remote possibility of the string breaking in which case I would receive an endoscopy the same day to remove the sponge.
I really do want to help anyone with any illness.

A simple in or out referendum may help me reach my decision.
Thanks for reading

Hi @T1,

No doubt youā€™ll hear from some other members soon, but I just wanted to chime in very quickly.

Taking part in any form of research for the benefit of others is very commendable so I definitely applaud you for considering this. :slightly_smiling_face:

However, if youā€™re having second thoughts due to your own health concerns, I think you should speak to either your GP or Parkinsonā€™s nurse about this to help with your decision and to gain some perspective. Itā€™s great that you are considering this but it shouldnā€™t be an the expense of your own health so do take this into consideration as well.

Please take care.

Best wishes,
Reah

Thanks Reah
Itā€™s my GP who has sent me the invitation as itā€™s a test that Cambridge university is involved with and will take place in my surgery.

With a veiw to achieving a less intrusive and therefore less expensive way to detect problems earlier.
Thanks For your input
Tommy :pill: X

I would say In as long as you are feeling okay on. that day as donā€™t want too make things worse for yourself.
I. Think iit s great that you are considering this.

Babsx

Hi @T1,

I see, in that case, it really just depends on whether or not youā€™re comfortable with taking part in the research.

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll make the right decision either way. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best wishes,
Reah

Thanks Babswood
Iā€™ll chalk that up as a yes

Tommy X :pill:

Thanks Reah
Iā€™ll take that as a yes.

Oh dear is there no one who wants to talk me out of this

Well itā€™s gagging here I come
I must say the turnout for voting was shall we say (LIMITED) HA HA
TOMMY :pill::pill: