Joined today

No probs mate, as long as there are no downhill bits,,,,,no brakes.frown

Did you wear yours for weddings and funerals, christenings , going on holiday, visits to court , hospital job interviews, cinema , romantic  meals with your wife, more funerals, weddings , need I say more,the only time I saw john without his hat was when we were landscaping a ancient spoil heap in Northumberland in a force 22 hurritempestyphoon ,the wind was the strongest I have endured ever the 45ton  Dumptruck I was driving that day was loaded with very wet clay the heaviest material there is, ILL HAVE TO GO  COMPANY

Yep Fed you don't leave your most valuable bit of kit behind were ever you go never know when you'll need it ,lol

To hell with it Fed ......let's find a hill and live dangerously.

As I was saying before the visit of my Sister and her eldest Grandson,who were here for exactly 5mins, it is never more than that and sometimes she will come to the door but not come inside,all my relatives behave  in  the same way, they all live in posh houses on posh estates and look down their noses at us in our twobed ex local authority semi , I can sense their unease , my brother came to visit about   6 weeks ago and stayed at my Mothers 100yrds away he was here for 3 days but could not find 10 minutes to walk down to my home and so I never saw him at all, it really p.....ss me off he lives in a lovely oxfordshire village in a lovely oxfordshire big big house, I know what they are thinking if they do visit they cannot wait to get away, I love to see them and want to catch up but our little palace, for that is  how my wife keeps our home.is beneath them Ithink they imagine hords of vandals damaging their cars and that they will catch parky from me, dont they know how it hurts,   sorry   Cheshire but it really gets to me, even my eldest daughter behaves this way,  as I was saying the TEREX  dump truck was loaded with heavy wet clay but was being violently rocked my the wind, alas even the hats hat was removed from his bonce and landed in a pond,  he waded in retrieved it put it back on his head secured it with insulating tape then fixed the hydraulic leak on the TREX.

STRANGE BUT TRUE     Hope the day goes well

Fed

Hello Saturn,

We used to have hills, but the local authority landscaped them , there was 29 in my vicinity and I climbed them all  , pit heaps spoil heaps to use the posh word , they produced hrs of endless fun, if the sides were too steep for bikes we used to hurtle down at high subsonic speed on tables sleepers  conveyor belt slag boards, same as snow but for slag,oh how we laughed at the grim reaper standing by to claim our young lives he simply could not catch us, hes making up for lost time now though alarm bells ring when I sense his proximity

I hope this post finds you well (not in a well)  FED

Hello Saturn,

We used to have hills, but the local authority landscaped them , there was 29 in my vicinity and I climbed them all  , pit heaps spoil heaps to use the posh word , they produced hrs of endless fun, if the sides were too steep for bikes we used to hurtle down at high subsonic speed on tables sleepers  conveyor belt slag boards, same as snow but for slag,oh how we laughed at the grim reaper standing by to claim our young lives he simply could not catch us, hes making up for lost time now though alarm bells ring when I sense his proximity

I hope this post finds you well (not in a well)  FED

Ding dong bell pussies in the well...........I refrain from making the oblivious comments, save to say that's the only way you'd get me in a well.

We have a steep shale covered hill about a mile outside our village. It was known locally as the shiller beds We used to run/slide down it and go home with no britches a**e in our pants. This meant even less protection when you got a good hiding for being so stupid.

Then one day we found a Dunlop sign off a garage wall........a dish like aluminium saucer about 5ft in diameter.........up to the shiller beds we went. A test pilot was selected......the incentive being......if you don't we'll take all your clothes off and burn them.....we were pleasant children!

The test pilot was pushed off. The speed was approaching Mach 1 when he went over a washed out drop in the shiller. He was about 60 years late to achieve the first manned flight, but it was one hell of an effort.

The resulting landing was a bit ropey, he was thrown out and proceeded the rest of the way down the slope in a ball of dust.

When he finally came to rest we waited to see if he was dead or alive. In the event of death we would have gone down the other side of the hill, which was grass covered, to inform his Mum he wouldn't be home for tea.

As it was the ragged figure unfurled himself and stood there like a model for blast proof clothing, which didn't work.

Not only did he achieve the status of being the fastest moving human among our merry throng, he also became the regular test pilot for rafts made from oil drums, to surf the incoming tide and head of the explosives branch near bonfire night.

Amazingly he survived into old age like the rest of us. He lost a bit of hair lighting a shoe box filled with gunpowder, but his Mum said it was all right because it would save on haircuts. This was not the case when our home made cannon misfired and blew a hole in his front door....it was a bit tricky explaining that one to the council.

The mk11 version was much better and had a stake into the ground for stability. All I would like to say about that one, is thank goodness the sixties were not as obsessed with tree preservation as they are now.

As for your comments above about council houses Fed.......we grew up together in that environment and I would not change one minute of it. There were two estates back to back and we are all still mates.......those surviving that is. We are the salt of the earth and I'll argue that with anyone. We all became tradesmen of different varieties and serve our community well.

Morph

Good Mawning Morph

Have you noticed the amount of contributors to our Forum are blessed with the same exciting adventures we had in our earl years, my first high speed downhill  was carried out on the colossal dpit seghill pitheap, I was 9yrs old, my Bro and his mates were much older my Brother 5 yrs and all were when Itheir teens, this insane hobby had me  hooked on speed, and when I moved to the High School I joined the cart club, we had three carts two were gutless but the third was in had a 600cc motor from a BSA motor bike, now I confess I have never been a bike fan, two of my cousins were killed on motorbikes and another relative , one of the twice removed versions was crippled for life, hence my reluctance to be a biker, but the cart well that was a pocket rocket, and it went like s##t off a shovel and as I could wring every ounce of power out of it the metalwork teacher told me I was the number 1 driver,and rightly so as I was 5 or 10 seconds quicker than anyone else. So there were five organised race meets between five High Schools, four carts in each race and to say I blew them away was a understatement I won every race and every practice, reaching pole on every outing. So my friend imagine this, I was 15 and 16 yrs I was a s//t hot cart pilot, I was very handsome, much as I am now in fact and I had a fan club, me a fan club and one of the young "ladies"  I say that with a few reservations , was very very sexy with exemplary lung covers and lips that could only belong to the winner of the most best owner of the most luscious lips competition for the last 5yrs, I was 16 innocent ??? had no experience of the female members of the human race, but I was soon to  get all the experience I would need to see me, well up to the present day really. I had won my first two races with ease blasting my way and lapping the son of  the headmaster of a posh boys school in Newcastle no fewer than 8 times, so after the race we packed up and went  home, it was as I walked home I heard the dulcet tones of the ,,Fed  Fed can you help, Fed was not my real name, in fact it wasnt invented, my real name was Daniel de foe, I was most surprised when the girl with the large airbags, the chain had come off her bike, and  the reward  for reffitting the chain was, well there is not enough capacity on this Laptops memory to explain, but two hours later she had chased the boy away  and I found out she was 19 nearly twenty and was the daughter of that posh school in Newcastles headmaster also not a pupil but a secretary at the same school we saw each other a few times, or perhaps we saw a lot of each other would be more appropriate,she was so so??? well we will leave that to your imagination, but the word was around school that not only had  I humiliated his son  but his lovely untouched my human hand  ( what a laugh) daughter was being ravaged by  the son of a miner, of course  those days they were just on the cusp of recovery from ww2 and  the class war waspicking up  but it was the swinging sixties and barriers were also broken down, all this had a direct effect on my carting career I was cast out as  been   immoral and not fit to  be the schools champion, which was dissapointing  especially for the school, they never won another race, ever and the cart club was disbanded.

So young Fed now in posession of the wonders of the female form embarked upon the new adventures so exciting so precious and so cherished,motor racing career doomed, but I have survived long enough to tell you, oh the memories.

Fed

I am green with envy Fed. The description of your 'fan' club stirs many memories.......unfortunately not mammaries.....I wasn't that lucky till about 19. Then only briefly. They say size isn't everything ,but it certainly fascinates youthful inquisitiveness.

I have to be careful what I say Fed, having just received a yellow card for using poorly disguised **** words and non too polite colloquialisms. Fortunately Ezinda took pity on my ignorance and smiled at F*** being interpreted as meaning Find in my explanation. I think it was the pig thing more than the word that upset the apple cart.

Working as a fitter in quarries and on motorways and railways, hasn't really refined my etiquette enough for the gentile. It's hard work moving among educated folk and remembering the p's and q's of polite society. What is common place among my friends is not appropriate here.

I love reminiscing though. I will just have to find a way round the descriptive encumbrances placed on my gutter like mind.

I wonder if I could post a disclaimer like they do on telly. Maybe I could sue somebody in this present climate of.....'it must be someone else's fault I'm ignorant.' No one accepts responsibility these days for doing daft things.

Morph

Hello Saturn

Is it my eyes or have you altered your appearance, I like the haircut, pressing on, my wife has gone shopping a strange custom popular with only the female of the species, she will return with at  least 6 items that do not match with her decor ,dont work, too big, too small  too expensive such is life, must go as mams here

Fed

If shopping ever becomes an Olympic event Mrs Morph stands a good chance of a medal.

Have you ever noticed the look on dogs faces that are tied to posts outside shops......well my expression is very similar.......the only difference is I don't get tied to a post......I'm trained to stay on seats outside. I do tend to whimper and whine a bit after half an hour or so.

Every now and then I am forced into buying new clothes for myself. Assistants look on amazed as we both go into changing rooms together. Conversations like it's too tight, pull it harder, or try and leave some skin on, are inevitably misconstrued by staff, but what's the alternative?

As it happens I am well kitted out at the moment having recently purchased new clothes, 10th March 2002, so I'm OK for a few years yet. The elastics gone in my underpants, but I find string works well enough.

I was considering getting clip on braces fitted to them, then I could clip both undies and jeans together and save using a belt.

Morph

Anyone seen that mad cat around lately?

I'm still here lol

Well I hope you ment me !    I must admit being a bike had its benefits with persons of the fairer gender back in the day :-)))) seemed like a large throbbing object between there legs ( motor bike ) seemed to loosen the under garments somwhat lol.  I used to frequent a place called the black bird cafe in Yeovil Somerset   Alas long gone   Where all gathered on a fri night to plan the weekend ride out. Any one with an empty pillion offered alift to an unattached femail then picked the one thay fancied ( always plenty of choice ) n the deal was a mutually acceptable one involving late night entertainment n petrol Lol.  I never had a regular pillion as variety is the spice of life then :-)))  o happy days n fond memory's .

Live well Cc

Not sure this will post so I'll make it short. There is a warning about maintenance. Yes it was you I meant. I hadn't seen you for a few posts. Keep posting............. variety IS the spice of life.

Morph

Yes been out n about trying to see if I'm able to do something like a full day so maybe I can go back to work.

Meds are helping with my symptoms some though the heads still not fully engaged yet :-((

pluss got to keep going to stay as fit as possible for when I go back. Got a nuro appointment on 28 th n hope he can't tweek my meds to help a bit more .

Tis hard work staying with it though I didn't do to badly, mind you I was shot by the end n today was a good one , not hurting or shaking to bad dread to think trying on a bad one though ,

still will have to go back soon as statutory sick pay don't even feed us let lone pay the bills .

Anyway that's enough moaning from me n I will keep posting as it's helpful to talk to people who know what pd is about , pluss tis great fun lol .

So live well Cc

Hello Cheshire and Morph

The last clothing I bought was heavy duty work wear, boots with Titanium toe caps high vis overalls and accompanying high vis jacket ,heavy duty gloves, and of course the hard hat, the people that employed me paid for it so I bought only high quality gear, made in Taiwan non of the cheap crud made in the UK for me,I felt everyone look at me when I walked on site but they did not look long or I would have incinerated their retinas,and I have it on good authority I could be seen from  I ,SS  but I think that was not correct, I have not bought anything since,to wear that is,my wife buys eveything for me and I always tell her  I wont wear whatever it is she has bought which gives her the reason to go shopping again, and so on and on and on,  oops I have just spilled half a can of pepsi down my front so must be off before its world headlines

May your Camels  be fertilecool   Fed

Hello Cheshire

You seem to be having things you way going not, not why you try  silly billy  fun its  writing you all do have to wrong  things is the way wrong spell round,its suprisingly difficult  it try see you will and

Fedeek

Agree I you may be badly not who me is 

Mind me you easy do to not says I to us n them lol   

Care so take.  Well live Cc

Plus I hate auto spell checks I can't spell n nether can it lol

Cc