Mass exodus?

Hi Steph :smile::smile:
I wrote this last night but left it as i usually do to edit later, in case my thoughts have changed, and i was not aware of the amount of words on this subject until tonight as i was looking for a place to post it, for no other reason did i pick this than i had posted earlier myself.

I have not contributed very much to this forum of late but did when i was first dxd in 06 and joined it in 07, when i found it a welcome refuge where i was one of the crowd. I and many others have many happy, and not so happy, memories of past times, but i find now the forum life has finished me after i spent four nights in hospital in the cardiac unit.

This poem i leave you with as of now i am not going to be a part of any forum, which means i am away from this machine as Vic, my old pal, calls his PC.

This forum was a godsend to quite a few of you,
Where have you all gone now, off to pastures new,
The grass seems to be greener on the other side,
Bells and whistles did the trick opening eyes so wide.

The new look forum painted blue, like a sailing ship,
Took to the sea, did not fare well going down the slip,
What ailed the old went with the new, leaving it so weak
Mutiny that led to this, you could hear the old tub creak.

But that old tub was happy then, before its time was called
For with the banter of a day, angry words were bawled,
Even though the mealie mouths said give over it’s not right,
Looking on, quite anon, lapping up a damned good fight..

So whichever one you think you are I know that when I say,
For fear you let the cat get out you’ll have a quiet day,
So think it out, if you were there, a fighter or one with scorn
Does it make you feel so good that you jumped ship in a storm.

GG
May God bless you richly, GG.
Dear Grumpy Gramps First I'm sorry to read that you have been in hospital.Next that you are leaving the forum.Also I think you said it all in the poem.The forum needs people like you,and all the others.I see it that we are all in the same boat and its taking new passengers every day.Who are looking for reassurance like we all are.So if you are reading this I hope you are feeling a lot better since your hospital stay ,Tell me off if you like but please, please ,please ,keep posting Angel4ux
It's sad to lose familiar names but it's healthy that people move on and live a life (unlike me :grin:).
Probably a new set of PWP will arrive from this week and I really hope some people with long term experience will stick around to help them as you helped me. Onwards and upwards...
Were all sad to be losing such an honest outspoken chap like GG , lets hope for a change of mind , like many others this site was an utter blessing when i was first dxn over 4 years ago ,and long may it remain so , i think you will find the vast majoity of people who log into PD junction still read and keep up to date with what goes on here, its not a case of jumping ship, both sites offer a different way of comunicating , thats all , ive found some real freinds there , but lets not forget the real reasons for all forums , to help each other , Parkypete
Hi parkypete,

Thanks pp for your words but i am still hanging about, remember the trogladite arachnid, (Bruce's spider in the cave) never say die till your dead.

This house Parkinsons Villa is taking some selling, the outside is tarted up nice shade of blue, lovely straight lines crisp and neat, but the interior is a bit of a let down, no atmosphere, dull and dilapidated, and possibly word has got round saying so. Is it worth the time, but the present occupiers had a reputation for strict adherence to the terms and conditions of the lease.

No swearing, well ok , but everyone swears nowadays, even me, but when you can't have an argument or raise your voice with a touch of adult humour thrown in, the camel's back only carries so much, but interestingly if it did break, was it before the exodus, or is it still standing getting thinner by the day before collapsing.

What else, well the camel is drying up and i think it is a matter of time before it joins the dead horse here, so sorry spider keep at it if you like, but it's time to go.

Somebody water the camel, slurp. PS Bury the horse too.

G.G.
Morning jeanine and angel4u,

Thanks for your words and sorry for not saying so sooner, but the silence tends to put you to sleep and lethargy too.

G.G.
Morning SF,

Oh dear that post of yours sounds like a one day old lamb i saw in a field on Thursday, when it had lost its mum, its bleat sounded pathetic and would have brought tears to a glass eye, unlike yours which gets a wry smile.

Natural wastage is what you refer to when you mention moving on and hopefully is more appropriate than probably. Enough of the excuses, but has the forum been run down to the extent that it will slip away without trace, easing under the surface without a ripple, just a glug glug.

G.G.
Things only die if you stand there doing nothing and let it happen.

I've dug up the horse and put it on life support.

Revived the camel with a pint of brown ale and a kick up the backside.

Now I'm about to give Grumpy Gramps and a few others the kiss of life.

You can run but you can't hide!! :grin: :grin:
Cor blimey,

The ship has drifted some, to that far away place, fresh crew with medcal experience. Tootsie, no lipstick, if you must, definitely not red, but no tongues allowed. It might take the puff out of you to get through the rest, if and when your exploits get around, especially if they start talking with a kiwi accent lol.

The horse looked as if it had neigh chance of recovery, and the camel was drooping in the middle, but time will tell, miracles might, or is that a pessamistic attitude.

G.G.
Well i did try and make a few waves to rock the boat but surely caused more sea sickness than anything else. Apathy rules the waves.

G.G.
Come on Gramps, you grumpy old Bear! :grin:

When I signed in there were 11 active threads showing on "Latest Activity".
OK, so there were probably more threads before the shipwreck, but most of them
were repeat posts by a handful of strongwilled people. At least now everyone
gets a chance to be heard.

Anyway, we aim for quality not quantity! :grin:

Come on in GG. The water's fine!

If you can't swim, we'll support you!

Have a great day.

Toots
Aww toots, it has been said i shoot from the hip and call a spade a spade, but there was me trying to be gentle in my attempts to reach out and stimulate some activity on the site but i was on my own until you came along. You think i was grumpy, oh dear i must be losing the plot.

How's the water, and i'm not bad for a former life guard and the CPR, well i might have surprised you there. lol.

G.G.
recurring dreams? :wink:
PD Junction? Hardly!

More like PDUK.ORG/FORUM or PD-CAFE.CO.UK