I have visited a Consultant Neurologist his conclusion is "The diagnosis is almost certainly idiopathic Parkinson's disease. I think this will be confirmed if his DAT scan (20th Feb 2014) shows the expected appearance."
He offered me a choice of Levodopa or a dopamine agonist (Ropinirole, ReQuip XL).
I decided to take the Ropinirole but await an appointment with my GP on Thursday this week. I thought, after speaking to the Neurologist that this would be the best path to take. I hope it will give me the best chance of the longest time with a good quality of life.
I am worried that I have not made an informed choice and wonder if anyone else had this decision to make and how it worked out for them.
My symptoms are tremor, stiffness, balance problems, fatigue and disrupted sleep pattern.
thanks and regards