New to the Forum

[message removed]
[message removed]
Hi janni, Welcome to the forum, I hope you are not too disappointed with the replies to your post, don't let it put you off, there is a lot of support on here
take care
Gill 10
[message removed]
I would like to say how sad I am to see such a useful site being highjacked by malicious people who really must have too much time on their hands and lead very sad lives. Why would somebody deliberatley harrass another person????

I joined this site for support and advice and since then I have seen such nasty behaviour from certain people. I am coming to the point when i feel that I really dont know who I am talking to and that concerns me very much. Does anybody know of any other sites that I could use for support and advice re pd please?

Glenchass
I don't think the constant reminders of malicious behaviour is helping to be honest which is why the moderators keep removing it. And Renaissance I can understand why you feel the need to do so and i'm not saying this to upset you but I feel it is making people feel uneasy and paranoid. Whatever open forum you are on you will be open and vulnerable to abuse. This is why the moderators are here and rules and regulations are put in place.
Glenchass, Your feelings are exactly what I feared many onlookers would feel as a result of recent events. I myself came within a whisker of resigning my membership here, and it was only the forceful persuasion of one member off forum that prevented me from doing so. I fervently hope that the issue that caused this mayhem can now be laid to rest, at least as far as the Forum is concerned. The vast majority of people on this Forum are decent, respectable, respectful, compassionate, caring and tolerant folk who only want to get on with their lives and to help others do the same where they can. It is my hope that you, Glenchass, and others who share your worries can regain some confidence in the Forum and its contributors. It really is a good forum, and it is a great shame that it has been exposed to this. The Moderators have an unenviable task in trying to keep the site a safe haven for all, and I agree with all of Cutie's comments.
So please let us show respect for people's feelings, and let this forum do what it was created to do, which was to provide all who need it a place to find support, guidance and understanding.

Peter.
Cutiepie & moodyblue.

Your posts reflect my fefeling exactly.

Hope you stay glenchass, 99.9% of us are as described in the previous 2 posts.
Agreed, but support must mean FULL support, not just CONVENIENT support, offered by those who think they know the answer and can spare 10 minutes to pass it on.

For example, some folk have been through maybe a decade of unbelievably horrific experiences involving DAs, criminal charges, public ridicule and God knows what else. Only to come out the other end in total poverty with much worsened PD symptoms, wheelchair-bound most of the time and totally dependent on a carer, who themselves might possibly have awful disabilities of their own.

Support isn't just about swapping medication notes, or discussing which are the best walking sticks. It means reading between the lines and realising there might be real despair that needs to be addressed - a poor soul lost in a world of fear and worry.

Walking away won't help.

Renaissance, give it a rest.

We all have our personal demons to live with. Yours are of your own making, in conjunction with medication, you believe. None the less, a devil to live with, as is PD. Let's leave the forum for helpful advice and not personal vendettas and grievances. It puts off some posters from posting.
Perhaps I'm missing something, and if I am I apologise, but I fail to see how this applies to support offered by Forum and its contributors, which is the support we are discussing. There is little more that an anonymous someone sitting at a computer can do for another similar someone than is already being done.

We know that you, Renaissance, have been to hell and back and we have every sympathy, which is of no earthly use to you whatsoever, but it's all we've got. And while your story is the only one of its type currently under discussion here, it is certainly not the only one of its type that could be told.

I am sure that if there was some magical way we could obliterate your past and give you a fresh start we'd gladly do it, but this is the real world and that doesn't happen. So I ask, what do you expect of us? What can we do for you?

Please don't read criticism into this post; I genuinly want to understand exactly what you mean.

Peter.
We all need to look to the future, how to make the most of it, and not dwell in the past and its bad times.

We are here to support each other, well, that is what I thought when I joined the forum, and not to discuss the rights and wrongs of past experiences and keep harping on them, to the detriment of other posts.

I am sure that some members are going through very dificult times at the moment, but keep their own counsel, and are sometimes afraid to post for fear of being shot down and told that their problem is inconsequential compared with what others have experienced.

We all have our own personal 'h**l' to face from time to time or even daily. Let's all do what we do best, suppport each other, offer advice and information, and leave our baggage behind us in looking ahead to enjoy each and every day of the future.
Renaissance there are hundreds probably thousands of people who view this site a day and of them a small amount who actually post on this forum and many of us are not on the forum's 24/7.

You say walking away wont help and from what I understand you feel that you are not receiving the FULL support you are entitled to. What about all the other people who post on here. You have overwhelmed the threads to the extent that all you see when you login is RENAISSANCE, it's as though you are demanding FULL attention, ALL the time. I know many people on here who have also been to hell and back but they don't constantly demand FULL support as you speak of.

I'm sorry if you think we are walking away and you are left frustrated because you feel you want to discuss what's happened in your life more but this forum is for general support for ALL its members not just for you. Sorry if that sounds harsh but you have upset me.

I don't know if you are receiving counselling for what you have been through but if not I think you should approach your GP for advice. There is only so much support that people can offer you here without it overwhelming the forum.
I have offered to speak to you about what you've been through away from the forum and sent you personal messages so for you to say our support is CONVENIENT I personally feel is a slap in the face.
Post removed
Peter/Hull Victim/Renaissance,

Can I ask you what you really want from this forum?

If it's sympathy or empathy, you've got it.

If it's advice, please be specific and acknowledge that which is given in all good faith.

If it's a control issue, don't waste your time.

More to the point, if it's respect, earn it.

We are all devastated by this disease, please don't make it worse.

I'm offering my hand in friendship, if it's of any help.

With regards, Cecily.
when a hand is offerd in freindship its best to grip it and hold it tightly and take the freindship and build on it
Renaissance.

Could you clarify your Benji/Pokermid reference in your post of 4/1 @ 03.13 I find it rather ambiguous. Are you suggesting a link? If not then the / should have been a full stop.
hi I have read the threads on this post and have no idea what the plot is, it seems to me someone is very angry, and that needs to be addressed, anger is like a poison. please do not give this site a bad reputation.

A sincere thank you to the moderators who look after this site, you are much appreciated. Sorry when us users make it hard work
please forgive us
Gill10