Newly diagnosed and dizzy

Maria, have you discovered Move4Parkinsons yet? They are an awesome group of PwP based in Ireland. They champion many different activities that benefit PwP. I met some of them at the World Parkinson Congress in Montreal last year. 

EF

Hi there,

yes i know their webpage and i am member of the forum of parkinsons.ie but there is hardly any activity there. Many of the advise given on the move4parkinsons i already do. As a type 1 diabetic i have to eat healthy anyway. I started excercising on the Wii fit and i love it. The balance exercises are difficult for me to complete but its fun to do and each point extra is a victory.

Hi there 

I've just started getting back into Tai Chi after quite a long brake from it , am trying to do 1/2 hour 4 times a week but only when I'm on my own as I tend to fall over and my oh tells me off lol , it's great for balance focus and posture also a help in loosening tight joints n muscles ,the falls are getting less the more I do so something is improving ,Am even using oriental music while I practice as it helps me focus n smooth out shakey n jerky motions . 

Live well.  Cc

My balance & walking was terrible after going to the gp in severe pain in my hip ,leg ,calf & foot she said its about time we try tramadol as she thinks my body has come inmune to co codomol ,so im taking 1-500mg paracemol 2-tramadol every 4hrs ,and diclofenic every 6hrs .also gabpentin ,amtripyline and my walking has improved 100% .i also go swimming & spa twice a week!  hey tramadol razz 

Hi,

I have tramadol too but it makes me sleeeeeeepy...zzzzzzz so stick to the ixprim and the wii and i hope one day i win the jackpot so i can retire to a warm climate like italy. Are you still working?

No i battled going to work for six yrs with pd mine was very aggressive i decided to have dbs 2 yrs 6 months ago i tried to work after the dbs ,but found it did not agree with me after several attempts of re setting dbs so i have finished work about 14 months now on medical grounds.i was a plumber & heating engineer so you get pretty stressed quick in that job.also i have two crumbling disc & early signs of arthritis.the dbs has worked more than expected stoped all the tremors & dyskinesa but walking & balance not 100% .dx with pd at 34yrs had it for 8yrs.but they reckon i had for 5yr before dx making it 13yrs.like the shades !big grin

hi gus they think i had it for a long time and struggled tremendously. i was actual relieved when they told me i had pd at least it had a name. walking goes better but i need a walking stick. the picture with the sunglasses was made in baghdad iraq. hope you are enjoying the sun

I have a walking stick found normal ones every body looked at me as if i was a benefit scrounger so i got one at the pd shop .blue one with i got parkinsons wrote on it people seem to be more helpfull and  give me a bit of time and move out the way to let me pass !

Wow..the VIP treatment huh. Now you are not working how do you spent your days?

alot of sky demand in winter & gardening in summer also lots sun bathing,going to find it abit harder this year tho as dvla have revoked my driving licence due to meds,but hey i new it was coming & never forgive myself if i hurt someone ,but going to be 250 pound better of a month so more holidays! bonuscool

was getting abit board of the sun glasses

Hi Gus,

I never had a license and really dont miss it. Just enjoy putting the feet outthere;)

Hi Gus,

I never had a license and really dont miss it. Just enjoy putting the feet outthere;)

feet out were ! how you doing on your meds

I am doing not too bad, the nausea has disappeared but i seem to have an 'off period' at 5 pm. Dont know why. Maybe it wears out . I will try to take the sinemet on different times as of tomorrow. I get up at 545 as my shift starts at 700 am so its a long day . See what happens  in the next few days. But in general i am doing a lot better then before i started on sinemet. In August I have to go for a DAT scan but i dont see the point of it really as i have been then 3 month on sinemet. It is to take photo's of the transport of dopamine in my brain but sinemet suppose to correct the.

What did you do today as a gentleman of leisure?

THATS GOOD NEWS IT NORMALLY TAKES ABOUT HALF HOUR FOR SINEMET TO KICK IN,THEN LAST ABOUT 4HRS IF THAT INFO ANY USE ! HAD A NICE SUN BATHE & THEN WENT FOR SWIM,STEAM ROOM,SAUNA, WHIRLPOOL, NOW WAITING FOR MY TEA TO BE COOKED ITS A HARD LIFE !

Wow..indeed a very very hard life. And there is me slaving away still fulltime;)

No worries enjoy it all. One day i will be the same as you but one thing is different. My husband is banned from the kitchen which is my domain fully so i will cook my own tea;)

Dont get too tanned...otherwise i will be even more jalous.

ciao

cheers have a good day! if i had the option to work again i would finishing work well not being able to work is not all what its cracked to be when your not fit enough to enjoy it !

keep smiling Gus. Unfortunately we cant chose life as it is coming. In the end nobody asked to get Parkinsons and its a life sentence. Allthough we moan about health systems, doctors, waiting times etc at least there is treatment. I have worked in country were even the most basic of healthcare was lacking and people like us are just simply left to die or begging on the street. But even i have my bad moments with it but luckily i am strong enough to pick myself up again.

yeah i know its just that my pd was very aggressive managed to keep working & normal life for just over six yrs ,just feels like I've been robbed of my younger years ! but i did party hard so not all bad.