OUR 31st WEDDING ANIVERSARY

Hello Dolly, Suzy, and Benji

Its been a while since I  POSTED A POST,on our Forum, in  between boughts of severe depression caused by BLACKHEART shutting me down and the recent fears for my  marriage plus other very major family   problems, and a increase in the frequency and severity of Dyskie I could not think right or write right, RIGHT,! so I am typing these words with great care as I dont want anyone to think I am feeling sorry for myself  even though I am ???, feeling sorry   for myself, well I am entitled to isnt, nope  arnt,,, nope thats not the word, completely p####d off yes thats the word, p####d, it seems that I just get myself into a good place and feeling happy, that  word  happy I NEVER NEVERsay it out loud for if I do 15ton of bricks falls on my head mind I have put this unfortunate side effect of parky to good use and have almost finished a large extension on the back of my house, and any further BRICKFALLS will be sold to raise money for Parkinsons Resaerch, which brings me to another way of donating, I  or we myself and beloved, have adjusted our wills to include a usefull sum for PDR, and when I  depart this life and return whence we came from  well not all of me will be making the trip as i am donating my brain to science though what they will find lurking in the deep recesses of they light grey lump I do not know as it will probably be empty by then, the guys in the Labs will likely use itto make a curry or parboil it and present it with some pomme frits pava beans and a glutinous parsley sauce, for those of a weak disposition I wouldnt read the last few words, anyway things are stable now but the hay is not comfortable to lie on and I look silly with a feed bag on  (STABLE as in Horse house), sorry  Ill get my coat.

Goodnight all                  Fedcool

Hey Fed, so sorry to hear your having such a tough time :-( I wish I could help more. And yeah of course your allowed to feel sorry for yourself but try not to do that for too long cos it doesnt help anyone. Hmm im not sure many people would go for brain curry! My dad wanted to donate his brain to science too cos he had a brain tumour but when he died they said they werent taking any more bodies at that time! I really hope some of your problems improve soon x

sad face

My condolences Suzy on the loss of your father, please accept my sincere appologies in the late aknowledgement of your post, I  had made a note in my dairy,  no thats  dairy,I buy in 2  gallons of milk from a farmer with one of the best producers of  high butterfat  milk, ,,the Jersey, and from that milk I produce  cream and butter from delicous milk    Im going to have to close now suzy as my wife is having trouble with asthma

Regards  Fed

Hello, Fed -

It's been a long time since I've seen this thread.  But whether you're in the stable or the dairy, your posts always bring a smile.  I am sorry, though, to hear you've been facing family problems.  I won't say it aloud either, but I do hope you find continued happiness now.  It's about time you got a break!

Tomorrow I'm starting on a two-week trip to eastern Canada, some new territory to me.  I'll be on a tour of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island.  This year and next I am doing a lot of travelling, because I have a sense that the time is approaching when I won't have any inclination -- or perhaps ability -- to travel.  For the present, my PD is still mild in its effects; however, I know it cannot remain so forever.  In the back of my mind, I listen for that other shoe to drop.

Best wishes,

J

cool

Hello J, I was just about to fire a post in your direction with  the mission to find out if you are fit and well, and when I light up the TOPLAP there you are, , I dont think these coincidences are coincidences I think that  individuals sometimes  half a world away,  have similar brainwaves, and totally uncommanded the minds of these folks begin a search of their memory banks, and behave in the same way as onboard computers installed in Aircraft trucks and cars working away deep inside these vehicles the monitor wear and tear and are aware of the passage of time, and come to the conclusion that they must make contact with their human hosts and inform alert or remind  that it is very close to service investigate or make aware if you like, there will be millions of people all over the world who are blissfully  unaware that there minds have this continuous serveillance capability, its the remnants of a much more acute refined version early mankind utilised in order to survive. I must admit you are a brave Lady constantly exploring , you too have a thirst for knowledge I am constantly in Museums Art Galleries Libraries though not as often as I would like now.   As you mentioned things have been a bit difficult recently, parky is always looking for a chink in my armour and there are many now, some days I am fine and others  I would wellcome the journey to the next universe, though knowing my luck BACKHEART, will be hanging on desperately  with as much determination as I have  to lose him.

Well I am off  now J please take care on your next trip,, and dont speak to any strange men(joke)

Your Friend  FEDcool

Its ok Fed, me and my dad werent very close, obviously it was still a horrible time but it could have been worse! I hope your wife is ok and I hope you are managing better. That sounds exciting J, good for you, definately makes sense to do stuff while you still feel you can! Theres so many places I want to see, I hope I can manage to get to at least a few of them! Hope your travels go well x

Hi, Fed and Suzy --

I'm back safe and sound!  Well, safe anyway.  Is a pwp ever sound? 

The tour through Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and New Brunswick was wonderful!  We had incredibly good luck in weather:  only a half-day of rain and lovely sunshine the rest of the time.  I saw many beautiful places.  I walked among the Hopewell Rocks in the Bay of Fundy, crossed gently rolling farmlands on PEI, shopped in Halifax, and took the Cabot Trail around Cape Breton, enjoying the dramatic views of cliffs and seaside.  Further, I was gratified to find that no one else on the tour guessed I had PD.  When I told a few of them on the final day of touring, they were surprised.

Now I'll be at home for a few months, enjoying my normal routines.

Missed all of you!    J

Hi j sounds like you had a fantastic holiday . Somewhere I would love to go . I bet the scenery was great . Glad the weather was kind to you . 

big grin

Hello J and wellcome, just to settle my curiosity what was the name of the ship you sailed on, my wifes Nephew is on a cruise ship named ISLAND PRINCESS, he is a electrical engineer on board for months. nice to have you back safe and well, I have just watched a documentary about why the Titanic sank, poor quality rivets apparently,

May you sleep well and  dream only pleasant  nice benign ones?

FEDcool

Hi, Fed --

Somehow I gave you the wrong impression:  the tour I took was a bus tour rather than a cruise.  It was a small group:  nine couples plus five single women, a very congenial group.  I think if we could have voted anyone off the island, it would have been Steve, the career Air Force guy (retired) who still thought he was the ranking officer and should have the best of everything.  His wimpy wife followed his orders, apparently giving him the mistaken idea that others would, too.  When we went on a hike on Cape Breton, he advised us all to point our toes outward to prevent spraining an ankle on tree roots or rocks.  We were all tempted to walk pigeon-toed!  But at one point he went down a hill toward the edge of a cliff, and the naturalist/guide said, "Don't go too far."  The quickest wit in our group looked up at the situation and yelled, "Just point your toes out, Steve!"

Not much time to write today -- but I wish you well, as always --

J

eye roll

Hello J

Sorry my mistake, I am becoming alarmed as I am missing so many things I sould be aware of, some days my short term memory is only seconds, and it is not simply absent mindedness, when you start forgetting the names of children and Grandchildren,   and the  name of your Street, also I am becoming very weak and even the slightest exertion renders me a helpless lump, this situation kicked in a while ago but was hardly noticeable,  its noticeable now,

Sorry J I am wandering again,Im glad you enjoyed your trip and when you set your mind to it you go for it also ,,?? Im sorry J Im going to have too stip, i am loosinmy spelin, sooryt

beeest whyshed  fred

Thanks for the message, fed.  I understand your mental state.  Although your case of PD has advanced further than mine, I feel the first hints of the symptoms you are enduring and know that they will be mine some day, too.  At least once (and often more) every day I am at a loss for the word I'm seeking and have to substitute a synonym or leave a long pause in my sentence while I retrieve the word from half-dead brain cells.  Spelling has always come naturally to me, so that has yet to become a problem, but my typing requires lots of correction.  You'd think playing the piano would improve my coordination on the laptop, but it doesn't seem to carry over.  I tap the keys too lightly, too long, or in reverse order frequently, necessitating corrections.  I know it's just the tip of the iceberg.

But it is probably a good thing that I can see the tip of that iceberg now, because it urges me to use every day as well as I can while I am still mobile and independent.  Although I love reading and have had my nose in a book since about age four, I am trying to indulge in more active pursuits now and defer sedentary interests for that time when I'll be unable to get about easily.  It sounds like good planning, but as you have lived long enough to know, life NEVER goes completely as planned.  There will undoubtedly be more surprises waiting for me along the way.

I hope your day brightens.  Take care, my friend,

J

Glad you had a nice trip J! X

Thanks, Suzynola!  How are things in your world?  Same boyfriend still in your social life?

You know, a man I hired to do some work on my hardwood floors (married and always talking about his happy marriage) actually asked if I were "back on the dating scene"!  After two years of widowhood?  I was aghast.  Maybe he had a lonely male friend in mind or some other altruistic reason for asking.  However, at 68 I do not ever plan  on dating or seeking romance.  My 44-year link with my husband was beyond anything I  ever expected from life, and it would be an  impossible act to follow.   Besides, I wouldn't want to relinquish my social and financial independence now.

Best regards,    J

Unfortunately he broke up with me a couple of weeks ago J, but ive had two great blokes ive known for years tell me they like me which was unexpected! So ill just try and enjoy myself for a bit. Yeah I can understand not wanting to be with anyone else when you had such a special relationship with your husband x

Hello,

My heart really goes out to you and Suzynola.   I understand how you feel.   I'm lucky to have such a good relationship with my husband but when I'm 'off', he gets more and  more unsympathetic and I really don't think he believes me when I tell him how difficult it is to get into/out of bed etc., etc.

The saying about when you laugh the whole world laughs with you but when you cry, you cry alone, is very true.   I have noticed one thing which is very helpful and that is when I do have the opportunity for a really good laugh, I feel much better afterwards!  So it's a tonic with no drugs.

I find it difficult to talk to anyone to say that although I have on and off periods, my body hurts most of the time and I've been doing this for 14 years now.  People get bored to constantly hear about Parky so you put on a smile and act the part. 

I think I'm very lucky to have the best medicine of all and that's my 3 1/2 year old and 8 month old grandchildren.   I don't think I'd try half as much if it wasn't for them.

all the best - Casie

Thanks Casie, yeah I think people never really realise how much of a brave front you have to put on just cos you dont wanna bring people down, its so hard to keep smiling though, you do need to be able to talk about negative things with someone sometimes too! I guess thats why this forum is good!

This forum is excellent because you don't have to pretend.   Once in a blue moon i'll have a long chat with a good friend but everyone seems to have their own problems such as being told that one of them has cancer etc. Maybe that's just my age!!                                       

Yeah most people my age have relationship problems etc but not health problems generally, most people do really try to be understanding though but they cant even begin to get their head around suffering like this every day!

Casie and Suzynola,  it's a shame not to have a wholly sympathetic person nearby when you're a pwp.  But this forum, as you say, is filled with people who understand.  And, Casie, I think you're right, that it is a part of aging that we are constantly hearing of health problems.  In the last six or seven months, four of my friends had to have breast biopsies; two were positive and led to surgery.

And, Suzy, I was just writing about how unlikely dating seemed to me after only two years of widowhood, and I got a jolt on my morning walk with friends yesterday.  The other widow in the group, whose husband died more recently than mine, announced she is getting married in March!  Maybe I'm the one who is out of step; I may be slow at working my way through grief.  I am happy, though, and enjoying my present life.