PD warrior core exercises

Yes so far so good with Ropinerol. I was told recently that i was probably under medicated. I have to say I agreed as was feeling like an old woman. But its my decision to go slow with the meds and that is supported by my nurse. I’ve another review in May so we’ll take it as it comes.
You’re brave getting out in a swim suit and i bet you look fab too.
The pd classes are coming along as there are 3 of us and its like circuit training. Then we have a coffee and a chat.
We’re all doing our best aren’t we? Keep on keeping on!

Agree D1 , the PD motto seems to be ‘go low, go slow’ with medication. I agree, you have just upped your meds by 2mg that will surely help. I too am under medicated but agree with you, my pd team also prefer I keep to minimum that I can cope on, its probably an age thing , we are in our fifties and lots of life left, eh?

Pleased ropinerole suits as you can still take more over the coming years and can delay the levopda a bit longer.

Take Care D1. X

Hello all
I am new to posting. Been reading all the chat and felt like joining in. I was diagnosed April 2017 and medication is controlling symptoms. Recently started going to Tai Chi classes…Love it. Probably concerned about “what happens next” but trying not to think about it.

Hi BOFA,
Tai chi is great. I took classes all last year. It wasn’t at the best time of day for me so I’ve put it on the back burner this year. I do yoga and PD warrior exercises which i find helpful for my walking and posture.
Doing anything at all is good for the mind and body!

Hi Laney_star - If you are still on the forum, I’ve just found a post from you regarding the exercise class I go to. It is a ‘Falls Management’ group. She is a physiotherapist who takes the class, and she is very flexible with us, and doesn’t expect too much from us, so we go at our own pace, and this help quite a lot.

You were on about about joining an excercise group near to you, did you actually make it and was it ok?

Sorry for late response!! Sheila :flushed:

Hi,
Excuse me for being ignorant of this"pd warrior"exercise linked thread.Have been dormantly indisposed for a while.Every person should exercise within their own needs and boundaries. It amazes me how people follow stringent exercise regimes aimed at"not themselves".We are all different.
I follow my own tailor made system,nothing special.But,with all my negative aspects,allows for a certain amount of detox,plus visible results.For example,3 days ago,the comment"That’s not a six pack,that’s an Eight pack".We are all different.We are all unique.
Keep Exercising
Titan

Hi,
PS To TeeHee,
In agreement with dopamine agonists.The fight continues.
Titan

Hi Titan,
I’m probably misunderstanding you but do you understand PD warrior to be a stringent regime? The main component of it is to do large/broad movements to the best of your ability. You can do the exercises from a chair or standing. No regime involved, just another form of stretching to try. If it doesn’t work, try something else.
P. S. I don’t have a 2-4-6 or 8 pack, I’m just a PWP.

Hi Sheila
Not been on forum much last few weeks, not been so good and not exercised as much need to get back to it feel much better today hopefully stay that way :blush:, not booked any classes as yet but physio have an assessment on Thurs she going to sort me out lol wish she could, thanks for responding back to me Laney.:slight_smile:

Hi Laney_star - sorry you haven’t been too good, hope it soon passes and you are feeling loads better. It (this parky) can really make you feel sh----ty sometimes (excuse my French) but it makes you want to swear some days, Keep posting and it’s surprising how much better it makes you feel joining in with conversations or the social & poetry side of things. All the best with the physio!

Take care Sheila xx

Hi Sheila
Thanks yes I’m feeling much better today, thanks , you brought a smile to my face, I can think of some words as well lol, keep smiling and keep fighting ,yes IL still be here , and I’ll have a look at social threads good night and thanks again Laney :slight_smile:

I met a physio who is starting up a PD Warrior class, but due to the licensing they can’t call it this. In their case they have called it PD Fit. So look out for PD classes that have other names, they might be doing the Warrior bit.

I find it brilliant and will continue with it.

I’m also doing a local class which has a different name but is based on PD Warrior and am finding it really beneficial. I’d looked at the PD warrior site and found nothing useful so was really pleased when my Parkinson’s nurse enrolled me in this one.

Have you ever tried NIA? My class is currently doing a routine called “Soul”. Music and steps go from Native American Indian style war dance and scream to Maori style Hakka and Hulu. Great fun and I’m sure the moves are good for Parkinson’s, plus they can be done at three different intensity levels to suit all abilities.