PD warrior core exercises

Hi All, Wow, like look at all you PD warriors! Good showmanship! Well done, one and all.

You have all inspired me to work a little harder (well not that hard!) when I go for my next exercise class. I must admit the PD warrior excercises do a whole lot of good in that most of the excercises pump oxygen to the brain and makes you feel more vigorous and more alert. Has anyone felt like this?
Would love to go swimming but it would tire me out and do me in for the rest of the day which would be defeating the object!

Keep Moving you Green Goddesses - Sheila :flushed:

Hi Sheila,
I think you might be right about being more alert after class. Iā€™ve being doing one or two warrior moves in the morning before work. I really find my walking is less difficult mentally. I seem to be able to think better. Maybe itā€™s the endorphins or dopamine. Either way i like it.

Yea Divine1 - that is just how I felt, I thought I was imagining it, but if you felt the difference then the PD warrior is working. Iā€™m going as a volunteer for a session of PD warrior at the local hospital, wonder if Iā€™ll come back still being able to walk!! :weary::worried:

Sheila x

Thatā€™s great Sheila,
Youā€™ll be fine. Do it to the best of your ability. Thereā€™s 3 of us in the class and physio gives us all different targets. It gives me hope that hospital is getting involved. Hopefully it will l roll out across the country for everyone.

Hi Shefinn

We all need a bit of inspiration. I try to do the exercises but donā€™t always feel inspired. However, reading how so many of you feel better afterwards may be the prod that I need.

Had some exciting news today - got my new driving licence (not been allowed to drive since a stroke last June). The sad thing is that the weather wonā€™t allow me to go out at all for a few days I think. Nevertheless, something to look forward to!

I think a little celebration is in order this evening. Havenā€™t drunk any alcohol for a while, but I am sure I will be tempted to try a tipple today.

Keep up the good work. reading how everybody is doing is really helpful.

Knine

Hi Knine,
Congratulations on your driving licence. Im still driving on a 3 yr licence. Itā€™s great to have that independence although i need it to ferry my 3 boys about. I donā€™t enjoy driving anymore.
Hopefully we can encourage each other to keep motivated. Like everything its one good week, one bad.

Wow thatā€™s good news with your driving licence Knine, donā€™t know how I would cope if I wasnā€™t able to drive, I look at it as my bit of freedom, even if itā€™s just popping down my daughters house for a chat, or over to my sisters house and going to see my Mum.

Hope the stroke didnā€™t leave you with any disabilities and you are able to cope. Iā€™ve had two mini strokes, TIAā€™s they call them, so am on other meds besides the ones for the good old parky!

Enjoy your tipple but mind you donā€™t over do it! - Sheila x

Thanks Sheila for your good wishes.

As far as the tipple - I restrained myself to a tot of rum in my coffee.
As to the stroke, I have had no after effects whatsoever, thank goodness - it was very mild.
I am looking forward to driving again after being immobilised since last April.I was stopped from driving when I broke my hip, and as soon as that was better I had the stroke, so it has been quite a long time, and very frustrating, especially as my beautiful new car arrived last May!
The disability driving instructor has been quite brilliant and will be coming over to fit the extra mirrors I now need (as soon as he can get his car out of the snow.) Then there will be no holding me. i will be out and about and able to go to the museum where I volunteer (I was Chairman of the trustees until last September) It is the Framework Knitters Museum in Ruddington, just outside Nottingham : www.frameworkknittersmuseum.org.uk

A working museum well worth a visit for anyone interested in textiles, or industrial history.

Looking forward to the spring now.

Knine

Hi Knine thatā€™s food for thought when we need somewhere to visit in the summer (if we get one) perhaps I will meet up with you one day?? We are only down the road in Leicestershireā€¦

Sheila

Weather , ha ! Built a snowman and snowwoman that is the equality feminist bit in me.

Not managed the gym or swimming but needed endorphins so still exercising in the warmth comfort of home. My aim is to keep this going knine, sheffin good for you. Xx divine 1, jayne, laney you go girls! Xx

Thanks Sheila
It would be good to meet up. Do you have regular meetings with other PD people? I havenā€™t met anybody as yet and am unsure as to where to start.
Anyway, letā€™s keep in touch and I look forward to meeting you at the museum sometime later on.

Audrey

Hi TeeHee

Iā€™m afraid I have lapsed into inactivity. You are shaming me to try to get going again. Bloody weather. I hate the cold.

Knine

Hi Knine - yes I do have a lot to do with PWP, I am on the committee of the local support group in Hinckley and I love it. I have made some really good friends doing this. I must admit I was very uncertain that I wanted to join the group mainly because I was unsure of how I would accept people who were a lot worse than I was, I didnā€™t want to see how I could possibly look in the future. But I persevered and glad I did!

Hi Teehee, to be honest I could take it or leave it the exericise bit, itā€™s the social side of it that I like, they are a great bunch! xx

Hi shefinn
Do the support group do exercise classes for pd, Iā€™ve been tempted to go a couple of times and then put it off , just wondered what to expect, itā€™s a good half hour away from where I live and have to depend on someone to take me. Laney

Hi Teehee, Knine, Jayne and Sheila!
Hope youā€™re all well. Been good and bad myself but keep going. At least the cold weather is gone for the moment and i can feel my hands again.

The sun has got his hat on, hip hip hip hooray! Well for a few minutes, anyway. Swimming again next week, always always stretching exercises. Been a bit distracted and going to use Mothers Day as an excuse to eat chocolates, my moggies never forget! Will of course be cooking dinner for mum and rude not to eat cake with her :grinning:
Time to get back to it on Monday, do feel better when active but confess to one duvet half day this week.

Exercise, exercise build a brain cell or two. Xxxxx

Hey Teehee,
Rain pouring down here. Duvet days are fab. Im just in from work and taking a rest before sorting dinner. Sunday will be a real lazy day for me. Hopefully someone will make dinner for me!
Keep up the swimming.

Hope you had a great day Divine 1, this forum is now a confusing place, lots of threads on exercise, springing up hard to keep up!
Take care and keep motivated xx

Hi Teehee,
I agree, you generally have to go round a few times before finding the right thread.
Did my pd warrior class on Monday but missed yoga Tuesday. Just upped 2mgs on meds so weā€™ll see how that goes.
Havenā€™t heard from Jayne or Knine in a while, hope theyā€™re keeping well.
How have you been?

All ok,

Ropinerole seemed to keep me on computer which is why am more active now. Fan of ropinerole as in my opinion best to stay off levodopa as long as poss due to some research stating neuro toxic and of course dyskinesia after approx 5yrs of use.?

Anyway pleased you ok on dopamine agonists and long may that continue,
Exercise is good to maintain mobility and strength as we all know and the same for everyone.

Only log in now to keep up with forum pals and shame not heard from K9 or J but I feel this forum is not set up as well as before.

Feel I am ranting :blush:

Will be swimming tomorrow and pilates but need duvet days now and again to rest cells. I am trying to balance exercise and rest not always easy. Still determined though, great you did pd warrior, and you still work , family life etc you do great.
Its tough fitting everything in, I recall doing the meals, housework, employed travelling etc and acknowledge how well you are doing.

2mgs will help, Sheila (Sheffin) copes well on a higher dose of ropinerole dopamine agonist so nothing to fear if no negative side effects so this is a plus for you.

Had hair done today will wreck it tomorrow in the pool, going for the drowned rat look, :blush:

Not shifting any more pounds but feel better for exercise baywatch babe is still not happening but that was a bit unrealistic. Swopped red swimsuit for black with ā€˜hiddenā€™ tummy support , not too shabby :fearful: