Reasons why people have deserted this site

This is an opportunity for those who have moved away from posting regularly to voice their opinion as to why they don't frequent what was once a popular site.

If you know of anyone who used to post and has an opinion as to why then ask them to please drop a line on here.

Honesty would be good.

TO THE MODERATORS: IF YOU CAN RESTRAIN FROM DELETING WHAT MAY TURN OUT TO BREAK FORUM RULES THEN YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING.
Hi Leyther

I used to post a lot but the more I got used to my condition the less I wanted to think about it. Although I occasionally pop back, the site seems painfully slow with glitches which makes it very frustrating.
I didn't use this forum for a few years because I thought it was becoming a very aggressive place, I started to participate again over the last few months but now I'm remembering why I left in the first place so I've decided not to join in anymore, I'm sick of the way a few members seem to want to ridicule others opinions or make light of someone else's problem, I'm all for a laugh and a joke but there's a time and a place for it.

On quite a few occasions I've had my words twisted and my comments belittled, I'm not saying people have to agree with me, just respect that everyone's got their own views.

The multiple ID's is another annoying part of this forum, you never know who your talking to and I suspect that some people are actually talking to themselves!

It's very sad that a forum like this has been let to go down hill by a minority of people and genuine people are leaving or put of from joining!
Hello from one of the older members who seem to have deserted this site. I do pop in now and again to see what's happening and see if things have changed ,but no they haven't . The same few monopolize the threads either in one name or another so I click off and going looking else where for PD information and friendship. I also use my own name !.:rolling_eyes:
Well it's really odd isn't it? When I joined and started posting in late Autumn last year I found this forum a fantastic place to be. The so called dominant posters did not worry me. They were very supportive, informative and often a lot of fun. I learned a great deal about Pd and symptoms that had affected my o/h for at least ten years. I learned too that new and ghastly symptoms were actually side effects from the medication, confirmed of course by the medics.
I'm reminded of being on various committees in my life. Worked like a dog, along with a handful of others, to produce events that were pretty successful; to raise funds for some cause or other. But there were always certain vociferous types in the background. "Should have done this, should have done that!" Even, "they're up themselves those organisers."
Funny though. They had every opportunity to join the committee, and work their butts off, like the rest of us. Seems it was easier to sit back and criticise.
They only came out of the woodwork now and then; in groups of three or four.
Must have had an agenda of some sort, wouldn't you think? Put a few people off, perhaps; and it was somewhat effective for a while.
Thankfully, when people sat back and thought to read between the lines, they came back to the fold.
Just like I have done today!
just like tomake things clear i posted in the rong thread it should of bin this ,one ,breeze has already told me so if u wonna no wot im talkin bout i not got the energy to retype it allagin:confused:
Ali, copy it and paste it into this thread save you typing again

Radz xx
i dont no how to it in forum opions ,im login out now speak soon x
Funny though. They had every opportunity to join the committee, and work their butts off, like the rest of us. Seems it was easier to sit back and criticise.
They only came out of the woodwork now and then; in groups of three or four.
The question was asked why people have deserted this site and I answered it.
I did not come out of the woodwork.
When asked to join our local PDS group committee I was there like a shot and join every event I am able to , traveling to local PD events if possible . I HAVE PARKINSONS BUT PARKINSONS DOES NOT HAVE ME !
I'm glad to hear of your efforts Steph but you've missed the point. Most criticism seems to be about dominant posters. There is an easy way to prevent that, isn't there?

I have received a lot of pm's in the last few days. It is pure nastiness that has driven a number of lovely people away recently, according to them
This is ALI's poem

IF YOU ARE FEELIN SAD AND LONLY,
AND YOUR FACE HAS LOST ITS SMILE,
JUST WALK INTO ME ARMS,
I WILL HUG YOU FOR A WHILE,
FACE EACH DAY WITH COURAGE,
GREET IT WITH A SMILE,
EXTEND THE HAND OF FREINDSHIP,
THEN LIFE WILL BE WORTH WHILE
Well done Ali and Radar
It's all Ali's own work....I just did what I did because I know how to....and also because I think like many here do that Ali is a kind, loving lady who I admire greatly because she is a tryer

Radz x
I love the poem it's really nice.
With respect to Ali, Radar and Jennifer Christine

The purpose of this thread was to find the reasons as to why people have deserted this site in their own words.

The intention is to then to use this feedback to make the site better for us all.

As far as I can see you post regularly on this site and so have no reason to post on this thread.

Please have the courtesy to allow those that do have a problem to express their opinion on this subject without interference.

It may be that their opinion is not the same as yours or mine but they are entitled to it.

Any conclusions to be drawn from this thread will be the subject of a separate post. Hopefully this will lead to positive ideas for improvement which can then be debated by all.

Leyther
With respect to yourself Leyther I have referred to two reasons why people claim to have deserted this site. 1. Domination of site. 2. Pure nastiness
Jennifer Christine

None of us know the reasons for individuals choices.

Please allow the people to speak for themselves.
I'm afraid Leyther what you have written to Ali JC and myself may just be a dam good reason why folk are leaving......How dare you try to shoot us down in flames......

If a mod is reading I think that the way certain folk speak to vulerable members should get a slap on the wrists

Radar47
I would be grateful if anyone wishing to post on this thread would keep to the topic please.

I look forward to receiving your comments with a view to using this information to improve the site for us all.

Regards

Leyther
The reasons I have considered leaving this forum:

1) The apparent need by some people to use the forum as a vehicle to display their own eloquence
2) The distress that is evident in some peoples' posts when they feel "got at"
3) The idea of multiple identities
4) The difficulty using the web site

The reasons I don't leave

1)I find valuable information from grass root level
2) PD has restricted my life to some extent. This forum is an addition
3) I like to think that if I can in any small way I can be of help, then I will do so

I honestly have no problem with the moderation. I truely don't understand why this has become such an issue. But I can see that a more transparent and coherent moderation policy would be more acceptable