Reasons why people have deserted this site

Quote by radar47..

I'm afraid Leyther what you have written to Ali JC and myself may just be a dam good reason why folk are leaving......How dare you try to shoot us down in flames......

If a mod is reading I think that the way certain folk speak to vulerable members should get a slap on the wrists

Radar47

Unquote

Radar...I see nothing but common sense in Leythers post and a positive desire to find out where problems exist.
We need more like minded members such as Leyther, given the choice your posts would only encourage me to leave and Leythers post would encourage me to stay.

Good thread Leyther :grin:
This is bloody hilarious.

I've spotted a flaw

If you dont post, post, which they wont cos they dont
or
if you do post, dont.

this is why I'm going nowhere - the tears are blinding me.

BTW the apostrophe is a pinky stretch too far.
I am sorry, I rarely if ever do this. But "we need more like minded members"?
Moving on..

I'd like to see the "multiple" names issue seriously resolved, one member having one. two, three, or more login names is totaly unacceptable.

I'd also like to see a members only section, plus an upgrade of the forum software to make it more user friendly.

Dominant members whose attitude verges closely to bullying should have their activities closely curtailed !
Dear Eck

No flaw

This is an opportunity for those [u]who have moved away from posting regularly[/u] to voice their opinion [u]as to why they don't frequent[/u] what was once a popular site.

The last line is self explanatory.

If you know of anyone who used to post and has an opinion as to why then ask them to please drop a line on here.
keep to topic please folks
I'll handle this Leyther.

Kyloe, you've gone right off the topic.

What this thread needs is people who don't post and why they don't post. Not an advert for Leyther threads.

Don't mention it Leyther, anytime.

I was going to start a thread for those who are just too darned nice and overly helpful called "Reasons why people have NOT deserted this site (Posters Only, If your not going to post DON'T, your input isn't welcome here - you have your own thread)"

That might be seen as ripping it and being sarcastic, so I won't.

In fact I'm not going to post this ... here comes one of my westies ... down TYSON ! DOWN ! Get tae f
Sorry, the dog pressed 'Post'.

Bad dog, bad dog
Haha very comical Eck.

Appreciate if we could keep to the topic folks.
Not my falt Eck if you cant read or put my post into context :grin:

Fact is i have'nt visited the forum much recently and the reasons are as stated in previous post, especially the bullying by dominant posters with their own ongoing agenda.

Dunno about you but i'd say its VERY much on topic :wink:
Leyther. Again respectfully, I suggest you take a look around a few threads where you will see that the 2 points I raise are there for all to see ie Steph's post on this very thread 10.52 quote "The same few monopolise the threads"
KYLOE

quote Kyloe

especially the bullying by dominant posters with their own ongoing agenda.

unquote Kyloe

Are you referring to me being a dominant poster........where..... on the Social thread? What is the name of the wee man ....... ongoing agenda?

Radar47
You only need to take a look at the amount of postings under peoples names to see who posts the most!!!
I am trying to stick to the topic. I have not deserted but sometimes feel like doing so. The previous post has brought something to my mind. Why do we need to be told how many posts people have made? Is it a competition? Or is the content of the post more important?

I should like to see "no. of posts" removed
i posted earlier on cus i thought it best for me to keep a wide berth from certain people beofre i fell in to a trap and got into trouble agin ,ihave since spoke to a good friend and they have made it quite clear to me that it will not be allowed to happin to me,i sat here watchin the soaps on the tv and got bored and my friend said come look at the threads alot of activity goin on ,inow no i was watchin the rong thing i was tuning into the rong thing ,ive now found the comerdy side ,much more of a beter laugh lookin at this,so there we are now u got it why do people leave the forum ,cus they get pigged off with bullys all the time and in there face,why do people sit back and dont post cus they carnt be as... to, why do some people return cus they wont to return to the comerdy:rolling_eyes:
i must admit i do post not has often has i first did when i joined last year.i do not like the bickering and often aimed opinions at certain members on the forum.
we should all pull together and help fight parkinsons and give our full support to each other.
i have often felt that i cannot give my opinion ,that i might upset someone along the way and also struggle to explain myself clearly.but i keep getting drawn back cause whatever happens on the forum i care about you all.
After being an active member I stopped posting until recently. Why did I stop posting: 1)1 got fed up with post being dominated by one subject.(2 I got fed up with constantly having to justify myself.3) I thought older Forum members might be getting tired of seeing my posts as when I tried to help the newly diagnosed I said very similar things.4) I felt I had outgrown the Forum, in that most of the problems and solutions I had heard before, so took to visiting other sites that had Experts giving talks eg National Parkinsons Foundation pod casts. 5) It was too time consuming 6) Many old buddies had left.
I was unaware of multiple personalities on the Forum.That was a big problem on the prototype Forum but I thought sophisticated cured that
7) Rudeness, an example of which can be seen towards me on the Merk thread
I only joined up yesterday, with all this going on it has held me back from posting! I thought this forum was here to help each of us with advice and queries on all aspects of our illness and wellbeing from other pwp, carers etc. Remember its already difficult enough to deal with pd so why don't we unite to keep this lifeline running as smooth as possible and help each other,we all need an understanding shoulder to lean on at some point.Lets cheer ourselves up!
I don't post very much any more because posting on the forum has become a competition between some people as to:
Who is suffering the most
Whose life is the most miserable
Who suffers from the most additional illnesses
Who has the most awful side effects
Whose takes the longest list of drugs
Who has the largest vocabulary
Who has the most extensive knowledge in any given subject
Who can think up the most hurtful criticisms and sarcastic putdowns
Who can use every single thread to promote their own agenda
etc etc etc....

I stay around because :
There are still some really caring and genuine people on the forum whose contributions are invaluable, especially to those who are new to PD and internet forums.
Even five years after diagnosis I still have lots of questions and worries and the information provided by this site and the forum is a godsend.
In some small way I can now and then make a contribution that may give someone some help or comfort, or to perhaps just make them smile and feel a little better.

Toots