Reasons why people have deserted this site

Hi Toots

I wonder if there is a way that forum posts could be controlled so that posting is restricted to so many posts a day. By doing so it stops members overwhelming other members and posts being over looked. However I imagine this would be very difficult to do. However, I have been on other forums where they have this set up.

Maybe just the social forum could be left open to post freely but the other forums where people are looking for advice could be restricted to so many posts a day?

I am brainstorming ~ This forum is a life line to many, a site that needs to be respected and brought forward! I do hope somehow this can be achieved.

Night night toots xx
having pd is the easy part,its all the ''extras'' that makes it difficult to deal with.......i.e just look at how this topic has gone of track,leyther asks a relevant question and it just escalates into a farce
The moderators could move posts to the relevant section and tell the writer they have done so.In the past this used to be the case, as I had such a situation with one of my posts years ago.Anyone who sees an offensive post should report immediately even if it does not refer to themselves, so that the moderators can review it and be quicker off the mark in deleting provocative or offensive posts. By leaving such posts a considerable length of time it allows slanging matches to develop and unfortunately, although the majority of us dislike it, for a small minority it provides excitement and a thrill.
Quote (From Kyloe)

Radar...I see nothing but common sense in Leythers post and a positive desire to find out where problems exist.
We need more like minded members such as Leyther, given the choice your posts would only encourage me to leave and Leythers post would encourage me to stay.

Good thread Leyther

Unquote

My comedic post, which your hero, Leyther, found funny, was in response to your first post (not my fault if you cant tell the time and factor in my typing speed and begin to comprehend that I couldn't have typed a response that long to your 2nd post).

So your first contribution in a long while was to suggest that you would contribute more, or at least hang around here longer if Radar47 posted less frequently and, your hero, Leyther posted more frequently. Have I got that right?

Smacks of belittling, even hinting at bullying, and is nothing but offensive and nasty. Not what I would call helpful, insightful, useful, other than to use as an example of the very type of posts that would stop someone posting.

As for your 2nd post

I'd like to see the "multiple" names issue seriously resolved, one member having one. two, three, or more login names is totaly unacceptable.

Unquote

Maybe four, five or six would be better! Not very helpful is it.

I'd also like to see a members only section, plus an upgrade of the forum software to make it more user friendly.

Unquote

By members only do you mean just like minded people, like you and Leythur by any stretch of the imagination. Just think, you, in an exclusive club, in a room full of Leythurs! Nirvana!!

It would be better to upgrade the forum software to make users, such as your good self, seem more friendly. Like auto-tune does for bad singers.

Dominant members whose attitude verges closely to bullying should have their activities closely curtailed !

Unquote

Like your posting to Radar47 you mean.

At last we agree.
I would be grateful if people would use another thread to argue and please let this thread be used for its original purpose.

regards

Leyther

I would be grateful if the moderators could assist with this please.
Beside each topic should be a little 'bin' icon where the trash goes, but allows others to rake through, or contribute to said trash if thats what floats their boat.

Or how about the ability to comment on comments (sub threads), that would clean up the main thread.

I hardly ever post cos I was bullied, so this counts as a valid post. Someone (can't be named) suggested that I couldn't read. I'm crushed.

Post Deleted
No , I will not move on. I want to know why we need more "like minded people". This Q has been bothering me all night. And what do these people have in mind? I am perplexed and confused & would appreciate a straightforward answer.
I enjoy the playground as much as most people who try to enjoy life as best they can. But I also welcome & value the opinions of a diverse body of people. They are what helps me form my own values & opinions
Post Deleted
AB

Like bird watchers, train spotter, punk rockers, mods, skin heads, etc.

or it could be people who don't have a mind of their own, or to speak of.

Hope this helps.

Eck
Dear forum users

Thank you for all your comments, thoughts and ideas about the forum the possible reasons why people might choose not to remain active on it.

The moderation team will look closely at all of your suggestions and we will report back on how we can move forward, together with the forum community

However this debate is getting very heated and at times bad tempered, which may itself be a reason for people leaving.

Please do respect the forum guidelines

http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/default.aspx?page=8686

These were drawn up in consultation with forum users and are important to ensuring that everybody feels safe and welcomed.

If posts are felt to be in breech of these, we will edit or delete them
People were asked to give reasons why they've deserted this site and it seems to me that a few members are again belittling and making fun of the reasons that are being given by some members, if they've left or feel uncomfotable on this forum for whatever reason they have a right to voice it, however trivial certain members may think it is, it's obviously a problem to them!

Lets not be childish please, it doesn't help anyone.
Hi all.I'm leaving the forum.I will give my reason.When you log on the words that jump out at you are welcome to the forum.Then you come on to all the back biting and bickering. When you start arguing about the arguing,asking people to post and then criticise people for posting to many times,its just knocking peoples confidence.I wish everyone on here and those to come peace in their life,and strengh to fight this terrible illness.

Love and light Angel4ux
gill im not bein funny u say lets not be childish ,but yesturday i neally left here agin but got talked back in to comin back by a dear friend,i neally went cus i got told to grow up ,and ive bin told many times to as well by a person on here ,which i will not name,allihave done is keep to the rules on here and said i would like to see about say resurch and fundraisin ,but to get pm from a person agin to be told to grow up,i things i was tryin to speak about was not as good as all the others ,and i had really tryed to think hard wot i would like
Looks like you've opened up the gates Leyther and invited in all the past forum members who obviously had nothing or little to offer in the first place.

Now they have got under everybodies skin and causing another exodus. Don't let them. We need Ali's and Angels, we don't need dissers and detractors.

Eck
Ali,

Whoever pm'd you forward it to PUK and let them deal with this person.

I said lets not be childish because that's what this thread is turning into, childish games!
Angel: if you leave it means that those who want to control the Forum with their own agenda have won.I was off the the forum for a long time because I got so fed up with ther pettiness of some postings.After this recent spate of nastiness I was tempted to say,"Blow it,I have better things to do." On refection, I decided to stay as I did not feel it was right that a very few members,maybe less than we think if there are multiple personalities, should drag the forum down to cheap jibs at others. This is not the Jeremy Kyle show.
Eck,

The thread was started to invite past members in and how rude to say they didn't have anything to offer this forum. This forum should be for everyone who is affected by PD not just a chosen few, it shouldn't be them and us!
Eck: I as a past forum member, may have nothing to offer you, but I hope I may be helpful to others. I am sure this is the case with many other Forum members.
Eck, I have stayed quiet on this thread until now, but your latest post has gone too far – even for you. How dare you suggest that the past posters have ‘got under everybodies (sic) skin’? They certainly haven’t got under mine, and sometimes it seems as though they are the only ones with anything constructive to say.