*Repeat Prescriptions

That's democracy for you.
Renaissance, why do you feel it neccesary to make such a remark? It is nothing but a pure antagonistic comment, trying to upset people that deeply believe that their lives could be made easier by getting this petition signed. Why are you determined to cause trouble? You have stated that you get your prescriptions up to 3 months in advance and yet you give a reason for not signing the petition as it would waste billions for that very reason! You obviously havent got many values or the welfare of your fellow pwp on your conscience.
janni
Janni,

Please do not assume you know everything because you don't.

I was NOT being purely antagonistic, nor determined to cause trouble. The previous poster seemed aggrieved and taken aback that the petition hadn't obtained either the turnout or the result they would have liked. I merely pointed out that that's what happens when you seek a mandate: your audience can surprise you.

As far as the 28 days goes, I have explained clearly why I believe no government would change a guideline in such a way as to invite a potentially very large additional NHS cost just before a general election, however desirable this might be to Parkinson's (and many other) patients, whose predicament I fully understand. As an ex elected councillor I can assure you extra costs at this point would be an absolute "no-no".

Given that I believe the government would not comply with such a petition, I have therefore offered constructive advice to patients as to how they might be able to circumvent the guidelines at an individual level - given that every GP in the land COULD, if they wanted to, ignore those guidelines and give any one of us 3 months' worth of medication at a time if they wanted to.

How dare you tell me that I haven't got many values, nor the interests of my fellow PwPs on my conscience? You know nothing of what I've been through over the past decade, nor what I've done (and continue to do) on behalf of our PD community at great cost and personal risk to my family and myself.

I've been pilloried in the local and national press, ostracised by my local community and ridiculed in public for my efforts. Please do some research before your next outburst.

Thank you.

Peter.
Renaissance, no-one has asked you to sign the petition as a politician, councillor or as an outsider looking in. You were asked as a PD sufferer. Nothing else, just that. We are not bothered about costs (costs that the NHS squander by incompetence), we are concerned about he limited time frame for our prescriptions.

Why are you persisting on a pointless debate about costs when as a member of this forum and as a pwp, you should be supporting our cause and pushing for change.

As for your values, you clearly show that finances are far more paramount in your eyes than the welfare of the PD community.
I'm very sorry about your own personal circumstances but the majority of this forum have given you plenty of support during your time of crisis. Why not repay that in kind instead of displaying childish bullyboy tactics?

I cannot honestly see the reason why you have chosen this thread for this sort of behaviour. This is very important to a lot of people. people that are not very mobile and struggle badly every time they have to journey to the GP surgery and then the pharmacist.

You seem to wallow in arguments. Please do so elsewhere. The stress caused for putting ones opinion on any thread is now quite intolerable. People feel intimidated by you and are shying away from posting.

I've said my piece and will say no more on this nonsense. Please stick to the original topic!

Merry Christmas everyone

janni
Hi Janni.

Your determination to have the last word, but at the same time not listen to what I'm saying, is stunning.

Let's get this clear: I am as in favour of longer prescriptions as anyone else. As for the costs I'm not interested; I strongly believe we should all get the length of prescription most appropriate to our circumstances.

But it's simply a waste of time asking a government for more money just before an election.

Don't accuse me of not supporting the cause, because I certainly DO. That's why I've suggested an alternative solution which might just achieve some positive outcome, not another document heading for an official's waste bin somewhere in Whitehall.

Of course "This is very important to a lot of people." That's why we don't want them wasting their time on a petition which will go nowhere, and only got 500 signatures including outsiders. I wish it would, but it won't.

I'm sorry we have differing views, but that's what debate is all about. Everyone comes up with different ideas, and the silent majority chooses the way ahead it prefers. This is not intimidation it's freedom of choice. Open-mindedness, not bigotry.

We'll end it there.

Merry Christmans to you too :grin:

[post removed]
[post removed]
[post removed]
A few months ago we had a very unpleasant set of postings on the forum and it got us all nowhere, we lost some very knowldgeable people because we couldnt see each others views ( I am as guilty as the next man I accept this). Perhaps we have to agree to disagree on this one. I think the problem ( or not) of a forum is that we can be downright awful to each other in a way that we would not in a face to face confrontation..

One point that I was trying to make when I was talking about wasted drugs in the NHS ( and I didint mention hospitals) was that even with PD many people have drugs changed regularly when they are trying to find a mix that suits and to prescribe everyone with several months supply is not cost effective. To say that cost doesnt matter is very narrow thinking becuase if we take actions without accepting the consequences someone will suffer down the line.
Fair point dejay. I was put in a position which would have implied that if I cared about the cost I must have no feelings about the patients, which is patently absurd.

The other side of that coin was that if I did care about the patients I should forget about the costs - equally sily.

The other party was of course merely trying to manipulate the issues I was trying to clarify.
[post removed]
This really is the last straw! If you can't discuss and debate without resorting to insults and snide remarks you've no business being on the forum. I don't know how many people have been driven away from the forum by your petty wrangling, but one more can now be added to that list. For heaven's sake, grow up and behave like adults the lot of you.
Moodyblue...and to whom are you addressing your outburst?
Janni
I dont recall mentioning a hospital, I had assumed that we all got our prescriptions from the NHS, not sure where hospitals were mentioned. I also dont remember saying that I found it easy to get my meds and as for the fact that I am working, thats a cheep remark as many PD sufferers do actually work.I would love to be able to have 3 months of meds but I appreciate the reasong by renaissance for not having such a system. Incidentally I did sign the petition but I also know that most petitions end up in the shredder ( be in through apathy or that people do not feel strongly about the point). I did not specifically say that you were narrow minded and am annoyed that you have indicated that I did, I was speaking of a view in general.
Dejay.... you like to pick up on points. You are a nurse in a hospital or care home are you not? You seem to know an awful lot about NHS finances, do you not? What exactly is your point?
If you signed the petition, whats the problem?
Why are you worried about costs? Your job perhaps? If it is, dont beat about the bush. Come out and say it! Dont hide behind pretentious garble concerning waste.

janni
[post removed]

[post removed]
[post removed]
[post removed]
[post removed]