Sinemet Plus 100 25 Co-careldopa

Good Afternoon everybody. I have been on 450mg and recently 550mg of Co-careldopa for 3 years now and I have an unusual side affect not mentioned in anything that I have read so far. I have difficulty in talking clearly and the right hand side of my face freezes under tension and I dribble from the right side of the mouth due to lips been numb.

My dosage has been upped to cure this but has only got worse. So to rule out the drug I stopped taking them and all my facial issues slowly disappeared. Now I’m 3 days in and feel great can now talk and smile with both sides of my mouth…LOL

As anybody else come across these side affects? I am going to ask for a different drug they obviously don’t like me!

Thankyou
Martyn

Hi @Diavel,

I’m sorry to hear that you experienced such terrible side effects to the Co-careldopa that you were taking, however, I’m glad that you are now feeling much better. I know you already plan to ask for different medication, but I must stress how important it is to see your GP or PD nurse as soon as you can about this.

If you need to speak to someone urgently about this, please give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303 and speak to one of our advisers.

Best wishes,
Reah