Sinemet shortage status

Hi @madoch2002 and @T5

Welcome to the forum.

We spoke with MSD late last week and they informed us that there will be intermittent supply issues with 2 Sinemet products (Sinemet 12.5mg/50mg 9x10 tablets and Sinemet Plus 25mg/100mg 10x10 tablets) until September. They have stated this is a precautionary measure as they’re trying to get more stock into the market to fulfil the demand. However there may be times when pharmacists cannot access Sinemet stock. We have more information on this via our website here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/news/sinemet-availability.

madoch2002, I’m really sorry that this has affected your husband, I know this is far from ideal, however, for more information and support on this, you can give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager

Hi Rea,
Thanks for the latest update.
This is really disappointing especially as I had been optimistic after the last update and put in a prescription request for Sinemet 12.5/50mg. Looks like I’ll have to chase up some sort of alternative again and then pester the GP for yet another prescription. If it goes on until the end of September/October it will be almost a year since I had to start searching for medication. It would be nice not to have to worry about it every month!
Marigold

Hi @Marigold,

I completely empathise with you and I’m so sorry that you are having to go through this. Hopefully, the tablets will be available again in September, until then, I’ll do my best to keep you all updated.

Best wishes,
Reah