Sinemet

your not suffering any dyskinesa may be you could have a chat with pd nurse up your 2pm med by 62.5mg starting to get the winter months in you  on site work ,used to hate it ,was a plumber heating engineer,had some laughs tho !

Gus, Ok I will ask my doctor about it. I hate my job too sometimes:))) I have another question for you - do you have any special diet ?Should I avoid some food because of PD pills?
try to avoid high protein foods tskes longer for tablets to absorb.also stay away from bananas as potassium cancel out sinemet.
Thanks Gus for your advice. In the lunch time (fruits) I am eating 4 bananas sometimes.I need to stop that!

thats bad,theres your problem.i had to take them the morning of my dbs assessment take you off meds night before ,then the morning eat bananas to get the rest of the sinemet out of your system,its the potassium so i think we have found the problem! 

I have never seen the bananas thing, and eat them for breakfast every day - mainly because they don't have any protein in them!! Someone said recently that, if you're taking Sinemet, you end up eating nothing. Then you have to arrange your feeds (I won't call them meals) so that you take the  pills on an empty stomach. This is getting beyond a joke!

its mad i know but its something to do with the potassium ,they gave me three of them the morning i had my dbs test ,cant stand them only in a banana boat yum

justt had a look they raise the dopamine level maybe thats why they gave them to me to eat up my dopamine faster !

Thanks Gus for your advice. I felt better today without bananas:)

im glad ! you can eat bananas but the only trouble is your speed up dopamine ,making you use it faster so better of staying clear of them ! good luck

Thanks Gus. No more 'nanas for me.

sorry ! trouble is no one tells you,

Hi oldun

don't throw out your bananas yet.

There is a post from goldengirl about the benefits for us PD patients who eat bananas.

The post is on WellBeing.

It makes sense.  I think it is more important that we try to keep our intake of protein away from the meds by 45 minutes, also iron tablets.  So I take iron at 6.30am, eat a banana and would take sinemet plus 45 minutes later, and then just eat crackers and have any protein 45 minutes later.

best wishes old un

aberwells

sounds ok but bananas help to release ie potasium, dompamine faster so is there a fear of dyskinesa ! hmmm i think i play it safe & stay away from them any more veiws welcome

BANANAS Good or Bad? Any more bids? I have tried both, and it seems to make not a blind bit of difference. Published references would be helpful.

Thank you all for your contributions.

hello oldun

over the weekend I will see what I can find that might help 

I think just one or two bananas a day are sufficient for most people.  More than that and you may get too much potassium ...

will be here on Monday with any references - go well

Thanks for all the banana input, the jury seems to be out.... My brain s beginning to feel like a mashed banana!

bw

samdog

Still wanting more?

Just type"bananas and dopamine" into a google box.

You will find loads of articles which tell you all you need to know!

Love

GG

Aberwells4, I would not be too worried about getting too much potassium through high banana consumption. Most of us have too much sodium in our diet and not enough potassium.