Suicide

Came here dor help. Get robot crap. Thats it. Enough

Hi @Chippy63,

Welcome to the forum.

I’m sorry to hear that you haven’t had the best experience with the forum so far; I can assure you that we will do all we can to help you during this hard time.

The most important thing you need to know is that you’re not alone and there is help and support available to you and I can see members of the community as well as one of our moderators have already reached out to you on your other post. In addition to the help and support available via our confidential helpline, it’s a really good idea to reach out to the Samaritans at 116 123 , especially is you’re having thoughts of suicide.

I hope this helps and please keep us posted on how you’re feeling today.

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager

Real person here Chippy. You are feeling down today, but that is not forever. There are still good things to experience - though today that may feel distant. You are best to consult your GP as you may need the help of medication to help you feel better.
I have a strong faith in Jesus and will be praying for you. Also I meet with group to pray for people on Saturday and if you let me know we can pray for any needs you have. I believe Jesus loves you very much. He is my best friend and will be yours if you ask him!

1 Like

Dear Chippy, I’ve been in that dark place you’re in. Please please speak to someone, GP, samaritans, PD helpline, or even keep posting on here and there are lots of people who can give you some helpful advice.

I found shouting and screaming along with having a good cry,. makes things a bit easier, but not straight away and it does take time.

Please don’t give in, there are people out there honestly

Take care

Karen x

1 Like

Hi, hope you have spoken to GP or someone, thinking about you and please let us know how you are xxxxx

1 Like

Hi Chippy63,

Sorry that you didn’t get a response to your heartfelt posting.

I first went on the forum about five years ago, when I was 77. I was totally disillusioned as after two weeks I had zero response.So I wrote something hard hitting and threatened to bail out. I then got some responses and it was onwards and upwards from then on. I am now, by far, the most popular read in the whole of the UK? Self delusion is sometimes helpful? I like to post on poetry corner and the social club but sometimes It is several weeks or even months without going on at all.

Parkinson’s is a crap disease and fighting the enemy is a wearing and sometimes overwhelming task. I know it’s bloody difficult but don’t let the bastard grind you down. Easy for me to say in my eighties. The problem with suicide is, once done you can’t change your mind, as far as I know?

Keep posting. Sometimes it’s easier to ride on one of the relevant popular postings rather than creating a new one

Below is the first three verses from Johnny Mandel’s theme tune from the US anti-war series MASH.

Through early morning fog I see
Visions of the things to be
The pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see

That suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please.
The game of life is hard to play

I’m gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I’ll someday lay
So this is all I have to say……

2 Likes

Chippy63, I wish I had the knowledge and experience to advise you what to do. The only thing I can say for certain is “ never give up”. I know that things can change, though it may well be a long hard journey. Please, never give up. EM

Hi Chippy63,

It sounds like you have come up against some challenges maybe and you are having difficulties and need advice and support and some reassurance? Managing PD is indeed difficult at times, it comprises of many ‘up’s and downs’ and asks the most of each us in order to take the next steps big or small.

This forum is here for such moments which many of us with PD (or living with someone with PD) have encountered, Chippy63, that help and advice is here at hand. Other members on this forum suggest accessing systems that are already in place to offer you advice, help and support and i can whole heartedly second such advice. You do not have to face challenges alone, we and many others are here for you.

I am not sure if i can ask and encourage you to come back to us on the forum, i hope so, as it sounds like you really need an outlet to vent about what is happening for you and to gain advice and support from people who feel and understand where you are probably at right now.

Chippy63, reach out to us here or anywhere else that you feel can help you and remember tomorrow could be good for something and tomorrow may be the start of a new and more positive path for you.

Take care…John.