Today was a good day

Living with Parkinson’s is hard work in all sorts of ways as I’m sure I don’t need to tell you. So I am proposing an occasional post entitled today was a good day and inviting anyone who wishes to, to post their own under the same title.
Today was a good day because ì made a train journey involving two trains each way for the first time in about two years. Partly because it wasn’t possible because of lockdown but also because I was put right off by a bad experience last time I travelled so today was quite a test and I am delighted to tell you I did it.
Had a good reason a very nice lunch with 3 friends last seen about 2 years ago. So a good day twice over.

19 Likes

great thread…
That’s brilliant and may i say brave, I’m not sure my confidence would hold out that long. ha

Yesterday was a good day for me, because… i navigated my way around transferring data from one mobile to the another new phone. Had a slight 'Victor Meldrew ’ moment .
However I did it and was chuffed with myself.
Esme

4 Likes

Good for you Esme, always a bit daunting to do things like that

3 Likes

Hi @Tot, :wave:

I absolutely love this idea and we’re fully onboard with it! :grinning:

We have such an amazing community here on the forum and it is because of people like you that continually shows support in creative and heartfelt ways. :blue_heart:

Today was a good day because I came across this inspiring thread! :relaxed:

Best wishes,
Reah

5 Likes

Today is a good day because I found an empty cup and filled it up with love and hope. With thanks to ladies concerned. Xx

4 Likes

Today is a wonderful day reading your postx

3 Likes

I’ve had two good days in a row with lovely and fast response to my post of yesterday thank you - and as a bonus, the sun has been shining all day!
Tot

2 Likes

Today is a good day because I started to read a book first time I bought for myself apart from study books - Finding happiness with Parkinson’s by Jodie Forbes.

2 Likes

Today is a good day because this thread was started on a whim and it has been unexpected and wonderful to see such little things makes someone feel good.
Tot

3 Likes

could things come from whims and earth angels!! :innocent: :
We all know our ‘unwelcome guest’ can cause havoc , but your thread makes us look for the good or funny bits of the day and smile.
Esme x

3 Likes

There is a saying - Everyday may not be a good day but there is something good in everyday. Look for the good things of each day gives happiness and positivity.

3 Likes

Today was (is) a good day in fact it is turning out to be a very good week. I have been thinking for a while that I might get myself a rollator, not because my mobility has deteriorated but because I thought it would be more comfortable to walk with one rather than my current stick based on the fact I could manage shopping trollies etc.
My local railway station is only manned part time and the man in the ticket office has been there a long time and we always had a chat but obviously until last Tuesday, I hadn’t been down there in a long while. He knows I have Parkinson’s.
He said he had bought a rollator for his brother but he couldn’t manage the brakes and asked if I could make use of it.
This morning I walked down to collect it. Walking back was great, I was comfortable and walking at normal speed, it took noticeably less effort. He wouldn’t take a penny from me, only wanted it to go to someone who would benefit.
In a world where cynicism and looking after number 1 so often seems to take centre stage, it’s heartening to know some (and I like to think most) people are still motivated by nothing more than a wish to help.
Today was a good day thanks to this generous gift from someone I only know through short conversations when buying a rail ticket.

7 Likes

HI today is a good day, because finally my pain seems to be under some control. And I managed to swim in the hydro pool
Esme x

4 Likes

I would call that a flipping marvellous day Esme, pain is so exhausting. Lovely to see your post.

2 Likes

Hi all, today was a good day :smile: Laugh with me… I put my bra on slipping arms in and fastening at the back rather than around the waist and sliding up! Yayy and my youngest has just been offered a post as a lecturer, a very proud mum :smile: :smile:

7 Likes

That is great news on both counts !!! :rofl: :rofl:
Esme x

1 Like

In total agreement with Esme.

This didn’t happen today but if it makes you laugh maybe you can say today is a good day. I put a load of clothes on to wash and went off to do other things. Coming back to the kitchen some 20 minutes later I was stopped in my tracks - there on the counter top my bag of dishwasher tablets!! You guessed it. Happy to report the clothes came out clean and no harm done!!
Tot

4 Likes

Today was good. You made me laugh, Tot. True stories are often the funniest. Thank you. EMx

2 Likes

You’re welcome made me laugh too!

1 Like

Today was a good day because the son of very good friend got a brilliant set of GCSE results. He is a very nice lad, has worked hard and deserves to have done well.

3 Likes