Today was a good day

Today is a good day for me too. I was on annual leave since 2nd. But was feeling tired and feeling bit low as well. Don’t want to do anything …but last Saturday my friend asked for a help , she has an interview for new job with promotion and needs help to prepare presentation. So that gave me a spark. I helped her to prepare it and today She had her interview today and got her job. ( she asked for help few months ago for another interview and I couldn’t help her as I was really unwell . She didn’t get the job that time). So it’s really given me inspirations and I am doing my pending works now.

5 Likes

How good is that Tinku, well done to both of you

1 Like

When I started this thread I was thinking of an occasional post when something particularly had made it a good day. What is becoming clear is that relatively small things can make a day good as much as anything big and that most days have something good in them if we stop to recognise it. So apologies if my occasional turns into something more frequent but it is really nice to write some good things amongst a lot of the other posts where folk are living with all kinds of difficulties and even nicer to read good things from others. Always brightens the day thanks to all and I hope you’ll keep posting.
Tot

5 Likes

I have been feeling a bit low today, so just having a coffee and sit… when looking at my 9 caterpillar cocoons , E I thought everything has a cycle . night becomes day, rain becomes sunshine. caterpillar becomes a butterfly and so the cycle goes on…constant change. Its finding the balance…when we get tough times , stay strong and it will ease even if it doesn’t pass.
I turned around around to find one butterfly breaking out and sitting there wings drying. It is so pretty , made me smile …only 8 more miracles to go
Esme X.

3 Likes

Take a look at the creative corner Esme, I posted a verse there just last night that dovetails beautifully with your post. I hope you are feeling a little more cheery.
Tot

1 Like

Gemma had been abused and in the care of a local rescue centre for 9 months. They were very worried about her. She refused to come out of her kennel and was eating poorly. My friend volunteered for them after her own dog was pts. She went over every other day sitting with Gemma in her kennel and she slowly started to respond. Last Monday she was brought to my friend’s house as a foster and spent the first 24 hours in her cage. Today I was sent a short video, the photo is a still from it, that showed her coming out of the house, doing a very quick tour of the garden before going back indoors.

Today was a truly wonderful day. Tomorrow will be even better - I’m going to meet her!
Tot

6 Likes

thats a wonderful story, we have a rescue cat, he is so affectionate.
Have a lovely day tomorrow, Tot
Esme x

1 Like

I will thanks. Don’t have a cat now but always had rescues followed by four years fostering which was brilliant fun, upped my computer skills no end and brought me new friends. Now I do cat sitting as required.

This thread is fast becoming my favourite it’s so good to hear positives and not all Parkinson’s related either. I do hope your day turned out a bit nicer than it started Esme

1 Like

I had another good day. I am with family visiting brother in law and family. Today they had their sports day. Guess what ? I managed to get first prize for ladies shot put and 100 mtr race . I have previously done this 2 years ago prior to my diagnosis. So I am happy again as kids also managed to grab some prizes.

2 Likes

HI,
my day did end well, my grandson got five 9’s and five 8’s and a 7 in his exams. He had to explain the grade system to me , ha . proper brain box !!

Esme x

2 Likes

Today was a good day because I found your lovely post Tot. I’ve enjoyed all your wise words over many weeks You are truly inspirational and I am always comforted by the things you say. This is a good day because I’m able to tell you how much I and likely many others value you. Thank you. Great post x

2 Likes

Your post made me smile Tot and I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the lovely replies.
Today was (is) a good day…just because!

Kind Regards
Janny

It is the little things, the kind words that sometimes mean the most. Today is a good day, I stood next to an elderley gent at the bakery (I needed cake) he was muttering to himself, and apologised, I replied " no worries, my mum always told me if you’re talking to yourself, then you’re talking to someone sensible". He laughed, he then told me he was 88, on his own and his daily trip out for cakes was his staple diet since he had lost his wife, I replied " so sorry to hear, you don’t eat them all", he answered " oh I have them each day and one for supper and lost wife ten years ago, should be the size of a house", he then thanked me for taking the time to speak to him, it made me think how many people are there who go all day without speaking to another person, a simple conversation that took literally nothing of my time and i had made his day.

5 Likes

Well I am truly lost for words. Having just got home from a long but very enjoyable day seeing Mum and one of my sisters going on to visit my friends and finally get to meet their two lovely cats, what do I come back to those lovely unexpected words from Tam and Janny. This was followed by AnaElsa’s lovely Post spreading a bit of happiness and finally I can tell you rescue dog Gemma has made an excellent start in her foster home and she has found ‘her’ spot in the garden right on top of the lavender plants. Perhaps that’s why she was so relaxed lol.
This really was a very good day.
Tot

3 Likes

Yesterday was a good day, because I spoke to a long lost friend. We have spoke in 35 years!.
Both filling in each others gaps and memories …just wonderful.
Esme x

1 Like

I have decided to cycle to and from work to increase my exercise, about 2 1/2 mile ride each way. So I set off on Monday, the hill on route was steeper than I thought and arrived at work trembling - not because of Parkinsons !!! So, looked forward to the ride home, mostly down hill, yippee… no - about 1/2 mile from work got a puncture, inner tube split so couldn’t repair, 2 mile walk home.

Yesterday was a good day - no puncture :grinning:

John

4 Likes

Aw. Poor you, John, but I had to laugh!
I would say your no puncture day was not just a good day, but a fantastic one, compared to the previous. Keep on cycling. EM

1 Like

JRH loved your post, it’s always a good day if you can raise a smile and you certainly did that
Tot

today is a good day, I don’t feel anxious, I managed to swim and have a little run without the dreaded dystonia ruining things, only day 3 of diagnosis and medication. I feel positive about things right now.

4 Likes

That’s brilliant Kira fingers crossed your early days may not be too bumpy and you are able to enjoy many more days like today. Delighted to hear your good news
Tot

1 Like