Today was a good day

Thanks Tot. This was an excellent idea for a thread. I am currently reading a book by Deena Castor (US Olympic runner) and how mindset helped her achieve what she did. One of the things that helped her look at things in a more positive way was writing down things to be grateful for each day. I think finding something positive each day is something I should do, even on bad days.

I just had the most amazingly tasty strawberries too :smiley:

Glad you like the thread I’m delighted that folk have picked up on it.
You may want to take a look at starting a gratitude diary, there is research that shows keeping a gratitude diary can have +ve benefits. I think it would be something that would interest you.
Tot

1 Like

Tot, yes I have been thinking a gratitude diary would be a good idea, would help on the rough days. Maybe I should have started years ago :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe you didn’t need it then. Although not set up as such this thread could be seen as a variation of a gratitude diary a sort of shared one. I hope more members of the forum will find there way here, it certainly makes me feel good to read these posts and I think most people would find it lifts their day. One of my better ideas kira lol.
Tot

3 Likes

This week has been a good week. Daughter, son - in - law and grandchildren came to visit for the week. For the first time in ages I have been swimming, went on the train to Plymouth. Baked a cake, went on a steam train. Next week going to stay with daughter in Wales. But the best bit is I’ve got my PIP assessment tomorrow. That might be the only downer, hope not.

1 Like

Today was a good day, although I have been feeling pretty fatigued, it is my dad’s 85th birthday, I made him a cake and took my kids over to visit him

1 Like

Today was a good day, I have finished printing out all my poem’s and completed putting them into a book. It’s my granddaughters 18th this year and I wanted her to have them.
Esme x

3 Likes

Yesterday was a good day. After 2 years we friends of 4 families gathered together and celebrated . A day with full lull of fun, laugher and food. Well enjoyed…

Esme I’m sure your granddaughter will love and cherish your book of poems. I am slowly moving my poems and favourite photos into photo books the main objective being to clear them off my tablet but I actually read them more in a book. I decorate the pages with clip art (mostly) and make comments as appropriate. Have just started my 3rd book, each has 20 pages. Takes a long time but I love doing it. I hope compiling your book gave you as much pleasure.

Tot never thought about embellishments, I have trinkets I have collected over the years , i could photograph them and add to book!
Thank you
Today I completed and printed off a small booklet for my grand daughters (the little ones) it’s called ,’ why does grandmas arm shake.’ and added clipart to that… It explains very simply, 5yr old level about Parkinson’s. I saw one some where on here, but it was to advanced for my little ones. So made my own.
Esme x

2 Likes

Today was a good day , after warming up in the morning sun, the last three butterflies left their net. And flew away, all nine gone now…We will start again next year
Esme x

2 Likes

Today was a good day as spent the evening at a spa having me time!

3 Likes

Yesterday was a good day, I got myself a granddaughter, first time grandad ps all are fine n dandy xx

4 Likes

Wonderful news many congratulations
Tot

1 Like

Congratulations @tony8903 ! :tada:

This is fantastic news! :slightly_smiling_face: :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thanks

lovely news tony, congratulations

today is a good day for me, been feeling positive, got out in the fresh air a lot and felt productive at work

3 Likes

Brilliant, congratulations!

It’s nice to get out and meet up with friends after lockdown. :grin:

1 Like

Today I had the best news Grant has overcome all sorts of issues and has qualified as a sound support dog and well ďone to hearing dogs for not giving up on him.

For those who don’t know
The three types of dogs they provide are:

Full hearing dog (with a jacket and full assistance dog access rights, for deaf people who need sound support both inside and outside of the home.

Sound support dog (for people who need sound support in the home but not when out and about).

Confidence and companion dog (for people who don’t require support with sounds but would benefit from emotional support and companionship because of their deafness).

Today is most definitely a good day.

5 Likes

Today was a good day because whilst out shopping with my 11year old grandson he quietly took hold of a large bag of groceries I had bought and said ‘I’ve got this grandma’ . He carried them all the way back to the car and stowed them in the boot for me.

1 Like