Today was a good day

How lovely was that.
I am so glad I started this thread it is lovely to read ‘today was a good day because…’ Parkinson’s is not easy to live with whether you have it or know someone who does and it’s nice to know that it really takes very little to turn a not so good day into a not so bad one. Thanks to all who have contributed I hope you will continue to do so and I hope others will find their way to this happy little corner of the forum.
Tot

1 Like

Well done you! I’m a great believer in ‘feel the fear and do it anyway’.

1 Like

Another reason to :smile: my daughter has got engaged, happy days!

1 Like

I love giving ‘just because’ gifts ie gifts that are not 'expected such as at Christmas or on your birthday, rather they can be ‘saw this and thought you’d like it’ ‘thinking of you’ ‘thanks’ or whatever you like the point being they come out of the blue.

Today was a good because a very good friend sent me a ‘just because gift.’

1 Like

Today was a good day because I printed off 40+ photos of my daughter from when she was born to when she got married. All for her 40th birthday later this month. Phew, what a memory lane to go down! :tada::birthday::bouquet::balloon:

2 Likes

Zeldaginge, you’ve read that book too. I read it about 35 years ago and still follow some of its advice. I always used to say “What’s the worst thing that can happen”? They can only say no.

Today was a good day for lots of reasons, the sun was shining, I had coffee and a walk in a country park with a friend, my fourth photobook containing some of my verses and/or photos arrived and looked great but best of, and one of the main reasons for doing the photobooks, was to clear space on my tablet. Altogether a very good and very satisfying day
Tot

2 Likes

oh there lovely , can i ask how you do them please
Esme x

Òf course. Leave it with me and I will write it out for you.
Tot

Today is a good day because myself and my 9 year old boy signed up to do walk for Parkinson’s to raise money for Parkinson’s U K on 25th / 26th September . Hope we will be able to complete 6 miles to achieve our target.
Tinku.

3 Likes

Ģood luck to you both

1 Like

Today was a good day, after 2 weeks of flu and feeling rubbish I finally feel well, have some energy, have descaled the coffee maker, worked and done some exercise.

2 Likes

Today was a good day because after going through several reincarnations as they always do, I have finally decided on my design for this year’s Christmas card which will be lit by a battery run tea light. Now I just have to make them.
Tot
PS Apologies for mentioning the C word in mid September but if I don’t start early and give myself plenty of time it ends up being a stressful chore rather than something I enjoy doing.

1 Like

Lovely Tot, no apology required, 11 weeks until the decorations start appearing!

Is that all AnaElsa? Where has this year gone?

Today was a good day because I woke up without the bruises and pain I was expecting. Yesterday I was carrying a jug of drink(non alcoholic) from kitchen to living room. One hand holding the handle and one supporting the bottom of the jug. For no reason at all the wrist of bottom hand gave way , drink splashed on hard kitchen floor, and I slipped in it. I knew I was going down and all I could think was – don’t fall on broken glass, so I threw the jug away ahead of me and crashed into the kitchen units. My shoulder is still a bit stiff, and I have a support bandage on my wrist but everything else is fine. But it is amazing how far a pint or so of liquid can spread itself while you crawl round the floor moaning and groaning.

1 Like

Definitely today is a good day. A dream come true be honest. Whilst I was reading through parkinsons UK website I have come across with get it on time campaign and a video for health care staff to create awareness about the importance of get it on time every time . Then I thought this should be spread among my colleagues. So I aproached my matron and my manager who has given the green signal. Along with one of my collaegue we prepared a nice presentation. It was ready since June but due to co vid issues and further approvals it got delayed and today we got the chance to do our first presentation and nice feed back. So glad about it.
Tinku

5 Likes

Brilliant work Tinku well done.

Mosie, I can only admire your ability to find a good day in something that never happened. Well done. EM xx

Today was a good day, I finally finished weeding the patio, seems to have taken forever and think the little weeds will already appear in the first corner I started in over three weeks ago! If I stand in the right spot and look out the window down on to the garden it looks like a job well done, feeling a little stiff but feeling acomplished outweighs it! :smile: :smile:

4 Likes